PDA

View Full Version : How about a run from one end of the nation to the other?

Mithridates
12-26-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm sure this idea has been brought up somewhere on the forums before but I have no idea what keywords to use to search for it. It seems like it would be a good idea for extra media attention, and would cost pretty much nothing at the same time.

It would involve a certain number of people that would commit to running a certain number of kilometres each, and they would carry something akin to a torch or some other symbol, plus probably a Ronpaul2008 band or something they could put on that goes from the shoulder down to the waist (better than a shirt because shirts would mean every person would need their own and that would be difficult to prepare).

Distance would probably be about 5000 km, since New York to Los Angeles is almost 4000 km and a run would be less direct than that. A run from New Hampshire down towards the south (because the weather's better), then off to the west through Texas, past Ron Paul's house and then off to California might be a good route to take.

So, is there already a thread on this?

kushaze
12-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Did you just watch Forrest Gump? j/k It would be a good idea if a descent amount of supporters would participate? Are there any Kenyan Ron Paul supporters?

deltabourne
12-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Make it a bike ride instead, perhaps? Though "Run for Ron" sounds a lot catchier...

me3
12-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Is everyone in this thread registered to vote? Do you know where your primary is? When?

Have you made sure your friends and family are registered to vote for Ron Paul?

kushaze
12-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Is everyone in this thread registered to vote? Do you know where your primary is? When?

I live in an open primary state, plus its like 2 in the morning where I live.

Joe3113
12-26-2007, 02:25 AM
How bout a cross-country crawl?

Crawl 4 Paul 2008!

Alex Libman
12-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Running sounds exhausting, especially across such a big country... I'll just volunteer to sit in a rickshaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw) with a Ron Paul sign - anyone interested in pulling it? ;)

me3
12-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I live in an open primary state, plus its like 2 in the morning where I live.
Get them all registered! Don't procrastinate, it's go time and every single vote counts.

fortilite
12-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Canvass, cover several miles in your neighborhood.

thuja
12-26-2007, 12:58 PM
streaking?

pacelli
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM

That's the key. I suspect we have a lot of underage and foreign supporters, very nice to have the presence but without registered republican voters, this is all for naught. Dr. Paul has said this himself.

kushaze
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Get them all registered! Don't procrastinate, it's go time and every single vote counts.

You don't need to register in an open primary state.

yongrel
12-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Like this?
http://www.thefinalsprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/forrest%20gump%20running%20beard.jpg

TheHand
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
A nation wide relay for Ron Paul? Sounds interesting!

Just think of all of of us pitching in small/large pieces to get a single representation of our cause across the country!

Perhaps even by car? If by car ... driving through all our states? Again, a relay so no one has to commit too much money.

Just random thoughts. But I like it.