PDA

View Full Version : look at the front page of the Washington Times

remaxjon
07-10-2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/

rpf2008
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
awesome !

here is their contact page http://video1.washingtontimes.com/contact-us/contact_us.php

and their telephone number (202) 636-3000 to voice your support

edit : you'll have to say "operator" at the voice prompt then you can ask the lady for the managing editor, news desk or whatever else.

Bison
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I was just scanning the forum to see if this was posted.

Good article.

nunaem
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
more great news!!

from the article:

"I watched the Republican presidential debates with neighbors, and two of the five people in the room said, ‘Who is that guy? I really like him,'" said Republican media consultant Tom Edmonds. "My gut tells me he's a sleeper and will indeed have an impact on the Republican race."

kalami
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
haha nice pick, "im going to eat you little girl!"

Erazmus
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Wow! Very nice find. Thanks for posting that link. What a great picture on that page of Ron and the girl.

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Great article. I thought it was interesting that they put the Libertarian Party article right below it considering that the LP rarely gets mentioned

Erazmus
07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking the "long-shot" label is starting to work to his advantage, and it doesn't bother me so much anymore. So one said before on here that people like the long-shot or underdog. People like the Cinderella type story. I think the campaign could use this to their advantage.

richard1984
07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow! What a beautiful photograph! Truly heart-warming. Have you ever seen a politician so sincere? I was initially drawn to Dr. Paul because of his political philosophy, but it's stuff like this picture that really makes people love Dr. Paul. I am unwaveringly heterosexual, but that just makes me want to give the good doctor a hug. You know what I'm sayin'? :D

Shall we thank The Washington Times?

Erazmus
07-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow! What a beautiful photograph of Dr. Paul! Truly heart-warming. Have you ever seen a politician so sincere? I was initially drawn to Dr. Paul because of his political philosophy, but it's stuff like this picture that really makes people love Dr. Paul. I am unwaveringly heterosexual, but that just makes me want to give the good doctor a hug. You know what I'm sayin'? :D

Agreed.

kalami
January are all discredited — Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Fred Thompson.

I think that's just a matter of the MSM doing some actual reporting.

shrugged0106
That is a BIG deal! What a great piece!

Dary
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
My favorite part:

Sympathetic conservatives say most of the Republican establishment just wishes Mr. Paul would get lost.

"The Republicans have made a serious mistake in making it difficult for Ron Paul to participate in the debates," said Paul M. Weyrich, founder of the Free Congress Foundation, a conservative policy organization...

shrugged0106
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I think that's just a matter of the MSM doing some actual reporting.

Hey, didnt you listen? They are called "Old Media" here now! lmao:)

Electric Church
07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
wonderful

Dary
07-10-2007, 03:54 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/771450727_becb35f1cf.jpg

remaxjon
07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

I hope I'm that strong when I'm 71

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
And while I greatly admire Ron Paul's strict constitutionalism, his campaign lacks the creativity to solicit a 'send them a message' protest vote."

What is the basis for this quote? Have the Romney, McCain, Guiliani campaigns outdone us on creativity? I think we are very much about the, "send them a message" vote.

kalami
07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
it's obvious to us he knows nothing about the Paul campaign, but the WP needed some "expert" commentary and he gave some pretty vague and generic criticism

MsDoodahs
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I love Dr. Paul.

That picture is just wonderful!

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I hope I'm that strong when I'm 71

I was standing right in front of Ron when he picked up that little girl. I watched Ron Paul very carefully at this event. One thing I noticed is his sheer delight and adoration of children. Ron was not so animated all afternoon as when he picked up this little girl. The little girl brightened up as if Ron was the grandfather she hadn't seen in a long time. He even had a little dialog going with her. Ron's love and enthusiasm for life truly astound me. He is a beautiful man.

Mani
07-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Interesting how things change so quickly:

Certainly there is a case to be made for a GOP protest vote in favor of Ron Paul,” said Jameson Campaigne Jr., an Illinois-based director of the American Conservative Union. “But I don't think small-‘c" conservative voters dare waste a vote on such a thing — unless the three front-runners in January are all discredited — Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Fred Thompson. And while I greatly admire Ron Paul's strict constitutionalism, his campaign lacks the creativity to solicit a 'send them a message' protest vote."

How quickly McCain has been deleted as a front runner. The comment is made as if mccain never existed, yet this guy was considered a leader at one point. Rudy and Fred both have big skeletons in their closets, when those 2 go down then who will be considered the big three???

Richie
07-10-2007, 04:13 PM
That photograph just comes to show how common a man Ron Paul is. He's not rich monetarily like the other candidates, but where he is certainly more rich is his faith. You can tell by the look on his face that he was genuinely happy to be holding that little girl. This man needs to be our president.

angelatc
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm from Illinois, and I'll be dropping Jameson Campaigne Jr. a quick note with my thoughts about "wasting" a vote.

USAFCapt
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
It says the piece is an online exclusive. Email them to put it in their actual paper because that is the audience we really need to reach.

Dary
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
>...his campaign lacks the creativity to solicit a 'send them a message' protest vote.

I couldn’t agree more. We don’t have the creativity to solicit a protest vote. We could have it if we wanted it.

But that’s not what this is about.

This isn’t about a protest.

This is about Revolution!

And we’ve got plenty of creativity for that.

paulitics
07-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I agree with this article. There is a right way and wrong way to say someone is a long shot. Pat Buchanan, who is in our corner, speaks truthfully about his chances. This was done much more tastefully, than ABC.

Daveforliberty
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Not front page (or any page) in the print edition. It says "Online Exclusive". But nevertheless this is great. Just think about the last 100 days:

May 1, 2007 "Unknown Texas Congressman"
May 20, 2007 "Maverick" "Kook" "Followers in tinfoil hats"
June 10, 2007 "Interesting internet story, but doesn't have a chance"
June 30, 2007 "Longshot with some buzz."

July 10, 2007 After Sunday's ABC interview and several positive mentions today of Ron Paul on MSNBC, we get this from the Washington Times. He'll have a strong following and effect the election, but he won't win.

Can't wait another 20 days!

Noodles
07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
:eek:V-I-R-A-L:eek:

Blowback
07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't think we want to be a "send them a message vote" campaign. Sending messages is a waste of time. We want to be a "WIN" campaign and we want every vote to be a "WIN" vote.

RPR-omaha
07-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I liked this article. It was suprisingly positive. They seem to undersestimate the number of Republicans against the war.

andrewgreve
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I wish it wasn't an "online exclusive." We need the paper readers to see this stuff too.

Bradley in DC
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I liked this article. It was suprisingly positive. They seem to undersestimate the number of Republicans against the war.

And the number against the war is going to be much higher by next year when we start voting.

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow! What a beautiful photograph! Truly heart-warming. Have you ever seen a politician so sincere? I was initially drawn to Dr. Paul because of his political philosophy, but it's stuff like this picture that really makes people love Dr. Paul. I am unwaveringly heterosexual, but that just makes me want to give the good doctor a hug. You know what I'm sayin'? :D

Sure do...it's not homosexual...wouldn't you want to hug George Washington...or Thomas Jefferson..or Benjamin Franklin?....same thing....they'd be right behing Ron on every issue...Paul Revere would be galloping about with flyer's up and down the streets....

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Little Kids like that don't lie....they sense truth...look at how excited she is to be with him...

empirenine
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Such a great article, but what a shame it wasn't printed.

BillyBeer
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Wow props to the Moonies...

jd603
07-10-2007, 07:33 PM
too bad it's factually incorrect. Their initial office was 348 sq ft. Their new one is what, 1200? something like that.

Still a good article, with good pic tho :)

Shellshock1918
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Good, wish it was the headline story on MSNBC or another TV MSM.

AZ Libertarian
07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
"Influencing the Republican stance on major issues is the most likely outcome of the Paul candidacy."

They could have left that out and I'd have been happy. There were a jab or two that I can live with, But the FRONT PAGE - GREAT! And I LOVE that picture they used! Overall I feel it was a 'good' article with some condescension that is to be expected thrown in.

sunny
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM

wow!!!!!! that is great........a really good story.........dr. paul IS a force to be reckoned with so watch out msm!

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Well I'll be a fire cracker in a powder keg....

I think we have what one would call the "big mo" on our side.

DavyDuke17
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
What a cute looking kid..

Don't forget you can use the email function for this article to send it to people that you know that you haven't introduced RP to. I think this is a good article to start with, and the prominence of having an article in the Washington Post adds to the legitimacy of his campaign. The picture really made this article, you can tell he is just no regular politician and that is the best selling point for people.

Plus I am sure The Washington Post keeps track of how many people emailed an article to other people as one way to track popularity.

Mort
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I did notice it was an "online exclusive". Which means it is not in the standard paper. Better than nothing I guess.

walt
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
"Certainly there is a case to be made for a GOP protest vote in favor of Ron Paul,” said Jameson Campaigne Jr., an Illinois-based director of the American Conservative Union. “But I don't think small-‘c" conservative voters dare waste a vote on such a thing — unless the three front-runners in January are all discredited — Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Fred Thompson. And while I greatly admire Ron Paul's strict constitutionalism, his campaign lacks the creativity to solicit a 'send them a message' protest vote."

This clown needs some blowback.

constituent
07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Damnit man... first faux starts with the fluff and puff, then scarborough and now the moonies at the Washington Times...

call me a Tin-foil hat wearing, libervative Texan, but if these folks are talking nice... I think it's time to find another presidential candidate (i'll keep voting for him in congress though).