PDA

View Full Version : what does it matter if we win the primaries?

garrettwombat
12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
i mean, dont get me wrong it will make this so much easier.

BUT, all hope will not be lost if we lose it.
nothing like this has ever happened in the history of politics...
what is happening here is something special.

one of our strongest messages is how diverse we are. i mean this in ALL senses.
race, creed, gender, but especially how we draw votes from the whole political spectrum.
we always say "dont think left or right, think America" you know, that kind of talk.
what the primaries are set up to do is contradict that statement right there.
the political process in this country has come to revolving around 2 parties.

the primaries are only an illusion to the political process.
they decide who is the best person in that party to represent THAT party for the REAL election (the general election), which is the only election that even matters

we all know Ron paul (even though he represents what being republican is) he doesnt necessarily represent the republican majority.
why isn't there a primary for in dependants, or libertarians? because the whole thing is an illusion to distort who can or can not become a president.

we have to go on fighting into the general election no matter what. this election will not be one in the typical way... we arnt representing the republicans, we are representing america.

so... whether he wins or he loses the primaries, it wont effect me in any way... i will still be out on the streets waving my sign and going door to door, i will still hand out my slim jims and i will continue to flood money into the campaign.
this is not over til the REAL election.
this does NOT end with this phony "primaries" illusion of our candidate being singled out.

as long as ron doesnt drop out... we are good as gold.
the only thing we have against us is time, and from now until the general election we have plenty of time to rewrite history.

Cali4RonPaul
12-26-2007, 01:10 AM
The primaries matter because we are in it to win it, to this end we must stay focused.

romeo2
12-26-2007, 01:11 AM
his political party is republican, so he's trying to win the nomination. if he wants to run as a 3rd party candidate, its up to him. i support him too either way he goes

literatim
12-26-2007, 01:11 AM
What in the world are you babbling on about?

quantized
12-26-2007, 01:12 AM
of course it is important. we win it, we gain momentum forward. we lose it, we start from scratch.

garrettwombat
12-26-2007, 01:15 AM
do you guys not get that the primaries are bullshit.

i mean, we need to win them... but the way the system is set up... can you agree that its bullshit?

it basically singles out and boils down 1 candidate... and then the whole party is supposed to back that 1 person up even if they dont agree with everything they say.

and why isn't there primaries for other party's??? because its BS!

shasshas
12-26-2007, 01:16 AM
if he wins the primaries but the Republican party rejects him and nominates someone else

then we must be ready to deonstrate in our MILLIONS!!! to the streets to the white house to the pentagon to the UN to the beaches, the fields the schools!!! we shall never give in!

then he must run as an independent and become president of the USA

quantized
12-26-2007, 01:19 AM
do you guys not get that the primarys are bullshit.

i mean, we need to win them... but the way the system is set up... can you agree that its bullshit?

it basically singles out and boils down 1 candidate... and then the whole party is supposed to back them up even if they dont agree with everything they say.

yes it is bullshit. complete BS. but what to do? when you are in rome you play with the romans. :D

Hope
12-26-2007, 01:19 AM
do you guys not get that the primarys are bullshit.

Politics and bullshit go together like a horse and carriage.

I disagree with your post because right now for us we need to see ONLY the primaries. We don't need to be settling for Plan B. The primaries are everything. It means taking the Republican Party back, it means taking the easiest road to the White House and therefore taking the country back. Saying, "Oh, we can't win," or "It's not that important," is completely detrimental to our cause.

speciallyblend
12-26-2007, 01:20 AM
if he wins the primaries but the Republican party rejects him and nominates someone else

then we must be ready to deonstrate in our MILLIONS!!! to the streets to the white house to the pentagon to the UN to the beaches, the fields the schools!!! we shall never give in!

then he must run as an independent and become president of the USA

+1,000,000,000,000 but i think the gop is smarter then that,so im betting on RON PAUL WINNING THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION;)

francisco
12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
of course it is important. we win it, we gain momentum forward. we lose it, we start from scratch.

And not only do we start from scratch, but facing a much steeper climb. As Dr. Paul has repeatedly noted, 3rd party and independent candidacies face tremendous obstacles.

If we want our message to win, our very best shot is to win the Republican nomination. We need to focus all our energies on that goal. The OP is right when he says that we haven't completely lost if we fail to achieve the Republican nomination; but we would be very foolish if we were to become complacent and not work hard for our best hope.