PDA

View Full Version : Do all of the political "scientists" need to throw away their degrees?

EvilEngineer
12-25-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm quite sick of people in the news going to universities to poll political science professors on Dr. Paul's chances. Like the media, unless they are out there with us, they have NO idea what is going on. This election is going to show just how wrong their ivory tower view of politics really is. This election is not going to be normal... we will make damn sure of that.

Pharoah
12-26-2007, 04:16 AM
They ought to - if they knew how wrong they are. My favorite "expert" opinions on the RP campaign: [Paraphrasing]

"Ron Paul's online fund-raising strategy is something the other candidates can
learn from and adopt."

In their dreams...

"Ron Paul is popular with a small minority of people that are against the Iraq war."

Can you say "large majority" Mr. Expert?

BuddyRey
12-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Yes, for instance, the cable pundits need to return immediately to their Ivy-League rubber rooms and learn the difference between "isolationism" and "non-interventionism", which, one would think, would be one of the most rudimentary ideological distinctions somebody with a Political Science degree would be able to grasp. I figured it out, and I'm a GED student! :D