PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Money Bomb --- Urgent

libertythor
12-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Urgent......If the blimp doesn't reach 400,000 soon, it will be grounded. (Thats the general word anyways.)

How about making the 27th the day sponsorships surpass the 400,000 mark and the 31st the day the official campaign exceeds 20 Million.

This appeal needs to be spread around everywhere there are Ron Paul Supporters.

Official Blimp Site
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Oliver
12-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Will it cruise over Des Moines on January third? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy098.gif

damon04
12-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Blimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derdy
12-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Will it cruise over Des Moines on January third? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy098.gif

From what I understand, the weather isn't permitting so they're going to head down to IA.

I'm flat broke, so I have no way to contribute. :(

libertythor
12-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Blimp!

NerveShocker
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Bump for the blimp. Those who are thinking this isn't an appropriate place for this post remember that your allowed to post in here if for fund raising reasons. This is not meant to general discussion for the blimp as that is in the sub-forum but Admins have said many times if you are raising funds this is where to do it. If I am wrong I'm sure an Admin will remove it, but I heard this from other Admins so I doubt it's not true.

If you support the blimp now is the time to act as it has been extremely low on funds recently. I will send money when I have some extra available because I am excited about the blimp heading south where it will get much more air time due to better weather. I also am hoping we can get the blimp over a football game or any big event. The blimp people have been working on this and haven't promised it, but it is a possibility. Anyways I look forward to the blimp getting airborne again as I think it is the most revolutionary idea we have came up with yet ;)

I truly believe this is one of the best projects we have came up with and it is definitely historic. (The first blimp flown ever to support a Presidential Candidate)

Support the Ron Paul Blimp! www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

libertythor
12-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Blump!!!!

We really need the blimp to make it to IA!!!!

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 09:52 AM
You know as soon as the blimp is grounded, the MSM is going to massacre us for letting it fail, "Well it looks as if Ron Paul's grassroot's support is falling, just like his blimp. He's had Howard Dean success on line, but his blimp looks ready to explode, just like Mr. Dean."

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Urgent......If the blimp doesn't reach 400,000 soon, it will be grounded. (Thats the general word anyways.)

How about making the 27th the day sponsorships surpass the 400,000 mark and the 31st the day the official campaign exceeds 20 Million.

Thoughts and opinions please. I am going to bed now.

Merry Christmas

I am beyond broke. :( All my support to the campaign is now in word and deed, rather than wallet.

NerveShocker
12-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, me too man. I'm hoping I win a big poker tournament that I got a ticket to. If I do I plan on sending it to the blimp. :)

Click below to help fund the blimp:
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio Live and chat:
www.RonPaulRadio.com

bucfish
12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Bump for the Blimp and Iowa has bad weather and no way it can get there. But Check the Blimp Blog and you wilol see that the blimp is heading in the right direction. Let's get it funded and stop any negativity to the blimp people they are working hard and VOLUNTEERING their efforts and using THEIR own money for expenses.

Let's DO OUR PART and Save the Blimp!!!

libertythor
12-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Save the blimp. I will do 20 dollars tomorrow and 100 on New Years. Its what I am able to do.

Shink
12-26-2007, 10:22 AM
This and door-to-door are priorities. The blimp could play a crucial role for the campaign.

NerveShocker
12-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Bump for the blimp. We have already made this blimp a reality now lets fund it so it can head south and maybe even fly over a football game or two. ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com (Big Blimp!)

www.RonPaulBlimps.com (Mini blimps for order)

Think12345
12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Blimpin Up
Here's the tentative blimp schedule:
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/archives/category/schedule

libertythor
12-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Blimp

NerveShocker
12-26-2007, 11:07 AM
I think the 27th is as good a day to raise money for the blimp as any. We need is asap but also need time to get the word out. Hopefully we can spread the message to as many as possible that tomorrow we will attempt to put the blimp over or near the 400,000$ goal. We need to tell as many people as possible about this today so we have enough momentum for tomorrow. If you look at the graphs we haven't raised any serious money for the blimp in quite a while. Remember this blimp is revolutionary and one of the most state of the art blimps in the world. Once it heads south to better weather it should get more airtime, and it is even possible it will fly over a bowl game!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

www.RonPaulBlimps.com (Mini-Blimps)

www.RonPaulRadio.com (Ron Paul Radio + Live chat)

libertythor
12-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Blimpin it.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
The link to the blimp site has been placed.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Blump

libertythor
12-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Blimped for the urgency of the matter and to get people just signing in to view.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Source please. Otherwise its just hearsay.

When you are getting paid and staying in nice hotels while Dr. Paul stays in the Best Western you are not VOLUNTEERING.

hambone1982
12-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I haven't donated to the blimp before, but I just decided that I'm going to donate to them tomorrow.

The media really does love that thing and I think we need to do everything that we can do keep the blimp in the air until after Feb. 5th.

Ryankelly
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
If they really fly over the Capital One Bowl on 1/1 and the Tampa Bay playoff game on 1/5 as "tentatively" promised, I will double the $250 I have already invested in the blimp. If the blimp really flys above those two games as "tentatively" promised, all of the previous misunderstandings, problems, or minor deceptions from the Blimp team (however you interpret them), will be outweighed by the massive publicity that Ron Paul will recieve in those two days.

If, however, those "tentative" games do not materialize, I will refrain from further contributions to wait for results similar to those promised in the original advertising blitz.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Blimper on up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speciallyblend
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
blimpin for RON PAUL

libertythor
12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Blimpin ain't easy!

xCakex
12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Blimpin ain't easy indeed!!! I think this is an important cause, it demoralizes the other candidates and get's us out there. It also unites us, we can almost say that it's our flag. I would hate to see this thing get grounded, the media would have a field day calling our revolution a dying one. We are almost there too! Blimp for great justice.

jbobble
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
This is important. I just pulled the lever again.

jrich4rpaul
12-26-2007, 04:07 PM
They need to accept Paypal. It will pull in millions.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
We should do a MySpace blimp and Chipin drive, promoting a grabbag of grassroots projects.

LibertyEagle
12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
There are a number of outstanding questions that need to be answered first. Such as the legality of making a contribution to them, since Liberty Political Advertising LLC, is no longer where the funds are being directed. Plus, we are no longer buying advertising time from an advertising company, since now, according to their website, we are sponsoring the blimp tour. My understanding about why this whole thing was legal, was because we were buying advertising time from an advertising company. Apparently, that is no longer the case.

This needs to be addressed. It would be really bad if we were breaking FEC law and subject to their harsh penalties, including jail and fines.

libertythor
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
SOMEBODY with the blimp communicate the situation with people here in grassroots. I placed this thread out of concern for the continuity of the blimp project.

Now questions have been raised throughout this thread. Anybody on the inside care to address them?

libertythor
12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
No concrete info from the blimp people? Come on now! I am starting to get frustrated too!

BeFranklin
12-26-2007, 06:19 PM
If they really fly over the Capital One Bowl on 1/1 and the Tampa Bay playoff game on 1/5 as "tentatively" promised, I will double the $250 I have already invested in the blimp. If the blimp really flys above those two games as "tentatively" promised, all of the previous misunderstandings, problems, or minor deceptions from the Blimp team (however you interpret them), will be outweighed by the massive publicity that Ron Paul will recieve in those two days.

If, however, those "tentative" games do not materialize, I will refrain from further contributions to wait for results similar to those promised in the original advertising blitz.

You want a guarantee.

Ryankelly
12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
No, I don't want a guarantee. The blimp team does not owe me a guarantee or anything else. I agreed to pay them $250 on faith alone that they would make it to the Teaparty and the New Hampshire primary. I understood that it was a lofty endeavor and that, given the New England weather, the blimp team may be unsucccessful. I am not complaining about my intial investment. However, since the blimp team has modified their lofty initial promises, I have refrained from further contributions until I see actual results.

That is how investments work. You invest and, if you see tangible results, you make further investment. So far, I am not dissatisfied with my initial $250 investment. The blimp team has earned Dr. Paul some very good press. The blimp is a symbol of the grassroots efforts of this campaign. I am not complaining.

Rather, I am pledging that if the blimp team actually pulls off those two foortball games, I will happily invest another $250. What is wrong with that? It's my money isn't it?

The Lantern
12-26-2007, 09:30 PM

This appeal needs to be spread around everywhere there are Ron Paul Supporters.

Official Blimp Site
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

It looks like we will have to make a choice. Donate to the Blimp instead of the Huckabee money bomb!

DanielDeibler
12-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Count me in. Blimp!

Buffalo Bruce
12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Or -write a snail mail Blimp check to -
Liberty Political Advertising
129 Bleachery Blvd. #50
Ashville, NC 28805

This is the address shown on the Google RP Blimp checkout page. Blimps create conversations. Everyone loves blimps. Blimps need money. I am touched with joy everytime I see RP blimp photos. My second blimp check is in the mail!

bolidew
12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Blimp money should count on those already Maxed-out. Others should focus on reaching $20 Million at official compaign by end of year.

xCakex
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Blimp money should count on those already Maxed-out. Others should focus on reaching $20 Million at official compaign by end of year.

Yes, for those of you that have maxed out and can still afford to take on another project, I truly believe the blimp get's our message out there! This is a amazing feat in political history. If you feel financial donations are out of your reach, take it to the streets show them our strength in person http://www.ronpaulmarch.com

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-26-2007, 11:54 PM

I disagree, people should give to whatever they want. I paid a lot in the last money bomb and am now interested in keeping the blimp afloat.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 05:57 AM
There is a rally in Jacksonville, Florida set for the 28th. If anyone wants to attend and is nearby I suggest you check it out. Bring any Ron Paul signs/apparel that you have. Also it would be a good idea to bring voter registration forms. If you can't go help spread the word so others that might be able to attend know where and when it is. http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/

Help out with the blimp:
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio:
www.RonPaulRadio.com

The_Ruffneck
12-27-2007, 06:07 AM
personally i believe keeping the blimp up in the air is more important than 20 million (as opposed to 19 million)

walt
12-27-2007, 06:14 AM
still waiting for these answers from the "blimp team"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64465&page=4

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Well at least your doing something positive. Bumping the thread :)

Jagwarr
12-27-2007, 06:48 AM
It's now December 27th and if I'm not mistaken the blimp as flown 2 days with both banners on. The blimp was first supposed to take off on December 10th.

So over 17 days the completed blimp (both banners) has flown 2 days so far and has collected about $325K.

We were first told that the blimp would cost $350K for a month. Does this mean that if the blimp group collects another $25K that the blimp will fly for another 28 days? Is the owner of the blimp counting the delays as flying time or do we still have 20+ days left regardless of how much more money is collected?

szczebrzeszyn
12-27-2007, 07:16 AM
We were first told that the blimp would cost $350K for a month. Does this mean that if the blimp group collects another $25K that the blimp will fly for another 28 days? Is the owner of the blimp counting the delays as flying time or do we still have 20+ days left regardless of how much more money is collected?
In some other thread Mckarnin said, that the 1st month would end on Jan 17th-18th.

Jagwarr
12-27-2007, 07:21 AM
In some other thread Mckarnin said, that the 1st month would end on Jan 17th-18th.

Thank you, that sounds fair.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Bump for the blimp.

Oliver
12-27-2007, 07:47 AM
The blimp will be the last thing people will think
about in the next days.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 07:55 AM
about in the next days.

Do you have a source explaining this? Or is this opinion. If it is then that is disappointing because I have many projects I don't agree with but I simply don't support them. I don't spend my time going into posts about the projects and make statements like "Nobody likes this projects" or "Nobody will think about this in the next few days" because I don't speak for everybody. I'm all about individuals rights to make decision of what to do with their lives and therefore money on their own. Making statements where you claim to know what everyone will do or think is absurd and is exactly what the MSM has been doing to us for ever to influence things.

I instead of trying to make people change their mind on projects simply let them make their own minds up about whether or not they support it. Unless you have some proof that "the blimp will be the last thing on people's minds" please don't just post things like this. Your simply attacking a project you disagree with while ignoring the fact that everyone has a brain of their own and can decide to support what they wish. Nobody here needs you to tell them what they will be thinking about in the next few days... what your doing is exactly what we're fighting against in this country.

szczebrzeszyn
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM
about in the next days.
Prepare to be eaten alive.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 08:00 AM
The blimp is airborne and headed to Florida!! I guess the wind slowed finally! I support this means the rally tomorrow will be a reality.
Source: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/

Oliver
12-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Do you have a source explaining this?

It's all over the news right now - worldwide.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&um=1&tab=wn&q=bhutto+dead&btnG=Search+News

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm well aware of that and I posted about that in the posts related to that subject. You posted about it in a blimp post saying the blimp will not be on peoples minds because this tragedy will get all the attention... ;/ While it's true this is a huge story.. you can say that about anything.. like Ron Paul in general I guess...

Oliver
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm well aware of that but I posted about that in the posts related to that subject. You posted about it in a blimp post saying the blimp will do bad because this tragedy will get all the attention... ;/

Yes, Bhutto's death will be in the political focus for
the next days. This - off course - includes the Blimp.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Sigh, not going to respond. Your not posting in the appropriate place is all I'm saying, this story is not related to the blimp.

bucfish
12-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Check out the Blimp Blog on RonPaulBlimp Track it as it is headed to JAX then to Orlando. With all the snowbirds down here and the football fans from everywhere not to mention the local media from those states that have teams playing the blimp can reach many states from one. Go Blimp Go!!!

I do not know about you but as for me "I will be donating today!"