PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Iowa - T-Minus 9 Days!

Dave
12-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Only 9 days until the Iowa Caucuses. The Ron Paul scene on the ground in Iowa is mind-blowing. Tons of Iowans and out-of-staters (both staff and volunteers) are pouring in and out of the Des Moines HQ daily. The place is an absolute beehive of activity...and we ain't seen nothing yet! We're expecting a crush of volunteers from out-of-state this week and the Iowans know that it's crunch time and are stepping it up in a big way.

Without discussing strategy, I'll tell you that people are pouring every bit of their energy, competence, and talent into this race. Many people worked right through Christmas. Under the amazing leadership of Dr. Drew Ivers, there are a lot of unbelievably talented and determined people working together to bring success to the Ron Paul Nation on January 3. I'm humbled by the dedication, drive, and skills of those leading the charge and fighting in the trenches.

The hours and sense of urgency are exhausting. The focus and teamwork are inspiring. I doubt if I'll post here again before Caucus Night (there's just too many more productive things to do). Just know that there's a lot of people on the ground in Iowa giving Ron Paul everything they have for the next 9 days.

Merry Christmas.

NewEnd
12-25-2007, 11:16 PM
thanks for the update, Dave

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Only 9 days until the Iowa Caucuses. The Ron Paul scene on the ground in Iowa is mind-blowing. Tons of Iowans and out-of-staters (both staff and volunteers) are pouring in and out of the Des Moines HQ daily. The place is an absolute beehive of activity...and we ain't seen nothing yet! We're expecting a crush of volunteers from out-of-state this week and the Iowans know that it's crunch time and are stepping it up in a big way.

Without discussing strategy, I'll tell you that people are pouring every bit of their energy, competence, and talent into this race. Many people worked right through Christmas. Under the amazing leadership of Dr. Drew Ivers, there are a lot of unbelievably talented and determined people working together to bring success to the Ron Paul Nation on January 3. I'm humbled by the dedication, drive, and skills of those leading the charge and fighting in the trenches.

The hours and sense of urgency are exhausting. The focus and teamwork are inspiring. I doubt if I'll post here again before Caucus Night (there's just too many more productive things to do). Just know that there's a lot of people on the ground in Iowa giving Ron Paul everything they have for the next 9 days.

Merry Christmas.

Lots of well wishes to our Iowa supporters. I wish I were there! My cousin, who lives in Des Moines, says there is a Dr. Paul billboard near his house and that the TV stations are "swamped" with ads. With all my heart, I hope we blow all nay-sayers away on January 3!!!!

Go IOWA!

Christopher David
12-25-2007, 11:24 PM
The campaign team in Iowa really has their act together. They put 70ish of us students to good work during week one. There will be about 200 students in week two, spread across a geographical area twice as large as that covered in week one.

There's a rally planned in Des Moines for the evening of the 27th, with all the students converging there before heading to their camps. 200 students + Dr. Paul + invited press = publicity goodness.

First or second place in Iowa are definite possibilities, getting stronger by the day.

derdy
12-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Dave,

Thank you for all your hard-work and dedication; most importantly: Thanks for the updates! :D

speciallyblend
12-26-2007, 12:25 AM
OO GOD,i cant wait till election day when RON PAUL finishes TOP 3 ,of course i want 1st:):) but any top 3 finish is a win for RON PAUL but if we can get 1st or 2nd then we blow them out the door;) i cant wait to see the PRESS and OLD MEDIA EATING CROW;)

THANKS EVERYONE IN IA/NH/SC/NV AND EVERYWHERE;)