PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Y'all, for the awesome Xmas Gifts!

tanstaafl
12-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Those of you who are standing up for our Constitution, THANK YOU FOR THE BEST AND MOST SURPRISING CHRISTMAS GIFTS! You've given me hope, light, community, and pride. Those are some of the presents I found under the tree today.

I had nearly given up on this country before this campaign. In fact, I had stopped voting some 15 years ago, since my vote was at best only a token protest and seemed to amuse, more than disturb, the establishment. I was dreading 2008 and the rollout of the National ID card with its RFID chip; would I acquiesce or give up driving and banking? I was waiting for the next shoe to drop from our "public servants" in Washington. I was wondering how it could be that I - law abiding, generally honest and kind, serial entrepreneur, large tax payer, and a significant employer in my community - had to wonder when I would be added to the "no fly list" and branded an "enemy of the state" for my vocal opposition to the "Forever War" and the gutting of the Republic.

Before Dr. Paul decided to run for office this year, I had been working toward leaving this country - too bitter, ashamed, and afraid to remain an American much longer. At one point, I thought last year's Congressional elections might give me some respite. Silly me. Obviously the establishment which owns the Democratic Party is the same which owns the Republican Party. TweedleDem and TweedeRe just playing another round of Tag Team on America.

It seemed to me that few were upset about being lied to and ignored, and that even fewer seemed to be aware of how rapidly the country was collapsing into bankruptcy and WHY.

Obviously, I was right about the DemoPublicans. But I was obviously wrong about the rest. Dr. Paul cared. YOU cared. You did more than care. You stood up against all odds, all predictions!

I've got to tell you that THIS Christmas, for the first time in decades, I am proud to be an American. I am proud because I am proud to be associated with YOU. You are my Brothers and Sisters in Spirit and I want to tell you that .... this seems strange to write to people I've never met ... but I love you!

Thank you! Merry Christmas! And a World-Tilting New Year to US All!!!!

The Lantern
12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Those of you who are standing up for our Constitution, THANK YOU FOR THE BEST AND MOST SURPRISING CHRISTMAS GIFTS! You've given me hope, light, community, and pride. Those are some of the presents I found under the tree today.

I had nearly given up on this country before this campaign. In fact, I had stopped voting some 15 years ago, since my vote was at best only a token protest and seemed to amuse, more than disturb, the establishment. I was dreading 2008 and the rollout of the National ID card with its RFID chip; would I acquiesce or give up driving and banking? I was waiting for the next shoe to drop from our "public servants" in Washington. I was wondering how it could be that I - law abiding, generally honest and kind, serial entrepreneur, large tax payer, and a significant employer in my community - had to wonder when I would be added to the "no fly list" and branded an "enemy of the state" for my vocal opposition to the "Forever War" and the gutting of the Republic.

Before Dr. Paul decided to run for office this year, I had been working toward leaving this country - too bitter, ashamed, and afraid to remain an American much longer. At one point, I thought last year's Congressional elections might give me some respite. Silly me. Obviously the establishment which owns the Democratic Party is the same which owns the Republican Party. TweedleDem and TweedeRe just playing another round of Tag Team on America.

It seemed to me that few were upset about being lied to and ignored, and that even fewer seemed to be aware of how rapidly the country was collapsing into bankruptcy and WHY.

Obviously, I was right about the DemoPublicans. But I was obviously wrong about the rest. Dr. Paul cared. YOU cared. You did more than care. You stood up against all odds, all predictions!

I've got to tell you that THIS Christmas, for the first time in decades, I am proud to be an American. I am proud because I am proud to be associated with YOU. You are my Brothers and Sisters in Spirit and I want to tell you that .... this seems strange to write to people I've never met ... but I love you!

Thank you! Merry Christmas! And a World-Tilting New Year to US All!!!!

It has been a heck of a Christmas, hasn't it. By supporting Ron Paul, I feel like I am giving America a Christmas present. My New Year's resolution is to work harder and to help "Take Our Country Back!"

angrydragon
12-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Right on tanstaafl, let us all have peace!