PDA

View Full Version : Third BIG money bomb - February 1st

IHaveaDream
12-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Once again, I would like to suggest another BIG money bomb on Feb. 1st. I think it's a great date for another money bomb for the following reasons:

1. It commemorates National Freedom Day. It's the perfect theme.

2. February 1st is on a Friday. Friday is a pay period for most of us, and the 1st is a pay period for most of us.

3. It just happens to be the anniversary of Dr. Paul and his wife Carol. Another big money bomb would be quite an anniversary gift.

4. There was about 6 weeks between the Nov. 5 event and the Dec. 16 event. February 1 would be about 6 weeks again and would create some additional publicity leading into Super Tuesday. A few people have maxed out. But most would find a way to scurry up another one time donation to get in on the festivities.

5. It keeps us pumped up. It gives us something to rally around, and we need that. I know a lot of us have already given a lot and we're very tired. However, there are new people getting on board every day and we need to keep generating excitement so that a stream of new supporters will be self-perpetuating.

6. By February 1st, the early primaries will be over and we'll have a lot clearer idea of where we stand. If Dr. Paul defies all predictions and does well in the primaries, we are going to be bursting with enthusiasm. If that happens, our third money bomb would likely be another record-breaking sum. On the other hand, if Dr. Paul doesn't do well in the primaries, a third money bomb will indicate how many supporters have decided to abandon ship.

7. Whether Ron Paul goes on to be President or not, three record-breaking fundraisers in a row would be a legacy that would proudly reflect his own exceptional contribution to us and our nation at this critical time in history.

I think a National Freedom Day money bomb on Friday, February 1st is made to order, but it won't happen unless you guys are willing to make it happen.

If it doesn't catch on this time, I promise that I will not bring it up again.

tsetsefly
12-25-2007, 10:01 PM
enough please, we already have a money bomb on january 15 or 16...

walt
money bombs = over

StumbleBum7
lets just donate now thats to late IMO. thats after mostof the primaries isnt it? we raised enough in our lsat money bombs i believe. Only way we would get some good attention is if it was 10 mill +

AlexMerced
urgh, isn't free at last already filling up the space as the next money bomb, plus there's Rons Payday, it's pretty much either/or at this point between these two fundraisers

quantized
12-25-2007, 10:06 PM
people are proposing different dates for money bomb. its either we decide on a date, else there will not be any money bomb.

tsetsefly
12-25-2007, 10:07 PM
lets get behind the MLK money bomb, because if this fails then we can see the media smearing RP and his supporters over this, it was a dumb idea to do it in the first place but whatever now we have to support it...

jlink7
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Stop with the money bombs already. I saw somebody post a comment on some article about a money bomb on Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, and then I saw this and thought they were the same and thought that I had somehow missed the discussion where people thought that it'd be a good idea. Then to see that we don't even have a small bit of consensus on when the next "HUGE" or "BIG" moneybomb will be just shows me that both will be utter failures, worse than the Nov 29th moneybomb.

walt
12-25-2007, 10:10 PM
lets get behind the MLK money bomb, because if this fails then we can see the media smearing RP and his supporters over this, it was a dumb idea to do it in the first place but whatever now we have to support it...

FALSE - do not support that money bomb under any circumstances.

IT'S TIME FOR THE GET OUT THE VOTE BOMB.

dmspilot00
12-25-2007, 10:10 PM
We don't need any more money "bombs," we need sign "bombs," canvassing "bombs," voter "bombs"...

libertythor
12-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Lets just schedule the date for a final MLK money bomb, stick with Ron's payday, and get out there and win votes.

Just Come Home
12-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm donating to Free At Last... http://www.freeatlast2008.com

I'm saving up for that one.

If there's another one in about late February, I'll be ready to reload then.

smartguy911
12-25-2007, 10:22 PM
enough please, we already have a money bomb on january 15 or 16...

Jan 15 or 16 will not help IMHO. Money BOMB before Big Tuesday will make a big difference and It will give us enough time to get the word out.

smartguy911
12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Once again, I would like to suggest another BIG money bomb on Feb. 1st. I think it's a great date for another money bomb for the following reasons:

1. It commemorates National Freedom Day. It's the perfect theme.

2. February 1st is on a Friday. Friday is a pay period for most of us, and the 1st is a pay period for most of us.

3. It just happens to be the anniversary of Dr. Paul and his wife Carol. Another big money bomb would be quite an anniversary gift.

4. There was about 6 weeks between the Nov. 5 event and the Dec. 16 event. February 1 would be about 6 weeks again and would create some additional publicity leading into Super Tuesday. A few people have maxed out. But most would find a way to scurry up another one time donation to get in on the festivities.

5. It keeps us pumped up. It gives us something to rally around, and we need that. I know a lot of us have already given a lot and we're very tired. However, there are new people getting on board every day and we need to keep generating excitement so that a stream of new supporters will be self-perpetuating.

6. By February 1st, the early primaries will be over and we'll have a lot clearer idea of where we stand. If Dr. Paul defies all predictions and does well in the primaries, we are going to be bursting with enthusiasm. If that happens, our third money bomb would likely be another record-breaking sum. On the other hand, if Dr. Paul doesn't do well in the primaries, a third money bomb will indicate how many supporters have decided to abandon ship.

7. Whether Ron Paul goes on to be President or not, three record-breaking fundraisers in a row would be a legacy that would proudly reflect his own exceptional contribution to us and our nation at this critical time in history.

I think a National Freedom Day money bomb on Friday, February 1st is made to order, but it won't happen unless you guys are willing to make it happen.

If it doesn't catch on this time, I promise that I will not bring it up again.

+ 1. thank you thank you thank you for bringing this up. Money bombs only help with getting attention and we need at least a month time to get the word out before we have another one. So Feb 1 is a really good date esp before BIG TUESDAY.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
please consider supporter Ron Paul's Payday instead of trying to promote yet more moneybombs. Also, I am trying to get ahold of Vijay to talk about combining the MLK money bomb with the Dec 18th payday (dec 18th is exactly half way between MLK's real birthday and observed birthday this year). It would be a perfect combination.

Please if you know Vijay ask him to get a hold of me. I have sent him an email, but all I have is his public address through freeatlast2008 so it likely got buried and he missed it.

AisA1787
12-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I love the money bombs as much as anybody, but it's best to focus our efforts on talking to people, going door-to-door, placing signs along major roads, etc, etc, etc... The ONLY reason to have another money bomb is if it will net more than $6 million, because at this point they're really all about the media coverage. Do you think any of the three or four "planned" money bombs in January or February will net more than $6 million? Really? Why? We might get more than $6 million if we can choose ONE date for a money bomb, but that seems impossible because apparently everyone and their brother thinks they're a money bomb organizer now.

The campaign isn't shy about asking for money when they need it. If they need funds, they send and e-mail and then they have a ton of donations. What they DO need right now is more people on the ground getting the vote out.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Also if you really want a moneybomb around this time, I will work with people to coordinate it with the Feb 1st Payday, the 6th and last Payday currently scheduled. We could give this Payday a theme around national freedom day or something.

jhabers
12-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I say we wait til April 19th for the next money bomb, we will have the nomination by then and it would be a great day. That day is the day of the "Shot heard round the world" and is the beginning of the American Revolutionary War. That day could be a 10+M day

scottincr
12-25-2007, 10:58 PM
For those of you saying stop the money bombs, you do not understand a growing entity. I understand that some of you early comers have put your heart and soul into promoting the first two money bombs as well as donating beyond your means inorder to ensure the successes that they were. The money bombs would not have been a success without your efforts.

However, as the money bombs and post money bomb news coverage attracted 10's of thousnads of new donors and interested parties, those people have more money to give. Fast growing businesses, churchs or campaigns all require cash to feed their growth and while ealry donors reach their limits, new donors replace them and teh older donors shift their resources and fill other needs, often more critical to the organiztion, like canvassing, phone banking, etc.

People who are saying stop the money bombs are either shills for other campaigns or just do not understand the process which they are in. They money bombs must continue and they will grow as the number of supporters grows!

If you are against the money bombs, just stop complaining, know that you have made your contribution in this area and start helping in another area. Let others take the money bomb tourch and run with it.

February 1st is too late. the campaign needs the funds at least two weeks before February 5th.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 11:03 PM
For those of you saying stop the money bombs, you do not understand a growing entity. I understand that some of you early comers have put your heart and soul into promoting the first two money bombs as well as donating beyond your means inorder to ensure the successes that they were. The money bombs would not have been a success without your efforts.

However, as the money bombs and post money bomb news coverage attracted 10's of thousnads of new donors and interested parties, those people have more money to give. Fast growing businesses, churchs or campaigns all require cash to feed their growth and while ealry donors reach their limits, new donors replace them and teh older donors shift their resources and fill other needs, often more critical to the organiztion, like canvassing, phone banking, etc.

People who are saying stop the money bombs are either shills for other campaigns or just do not understand the process which they are in. They money bombs must continue and they will grow as the number of supporters grows!

If you are against the money bombs, just stop complaining, know that you have made your contribution in this area and start helping in another area. Let others take the money bomb tourch and run with it.

February 1st is too late. the campaign needs the funds at least two weeks before February 5th.

Please consider my proposal in the videos I made. Ron Paul's Payday parts 1 & 2. Watch both and then please give the idea due consideration.

BeFranklin
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
No. We already broke the record, and we can only lose right before big tuesday, and have nothing to gain.

We need a leaflet bomb and a superbowl event.

literatim
12-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone got any word on what Trevor Lyman is up to?

damon04
12-25-2007, 11:22 PM
no need for money bomb, ground troops is what we need!! Get in the streets, talk to strangers.. That's all we can do now..

Aldanga
12-25-2007, 11:44 PM
I am in the consensus here. Stop with the money bombs for the present time. Too many in the community are against them for them to succeed.

Just keep pushing Dr. Paul on the ground. That's the best way to reach people at this time.

Just Come Home
12-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I am in the consensus that says I'm donating to freeatlast2008.com, and that it would be moronic for us to kill the greatest political fundraising tool the world has ever seen without something viable to replace it. Our opponents only HOPE we stop moneybombing... For my part, I'm going to press ahead.

The pay day is fine, but not for me... I'm moneybombing. I'll have saved up enough by then, and have three friends who have literally APPROACHED me wondering when they can get in on the next one... Where else does that happen but in the Ron Paul campaign?

Peace&Freedom
12-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Truce, people! Both sides are right, we DO need more money bombs, BUT we don't absolutely need them right now. Personally I'd like to see bombs on 12/31 to get Paul over 20 mill, and in late January to help fund him after Super Tuesday, but first things first. The priority for the next six weeks should be on votes and primary victories, to establish Paul can WIN. The MSM showed after the Tea Party that they were prepared to avoid covering Paul even in the face of record fundraising efforts, so the utility of the money bomb in generating free publicity is fading.

The bomb's real value lies in 1) our having developed an efficient method of getting serious money to the candidate (despite a media blackout) to give Paul solid footing to compete in the primaries, and 2) knowing we have a serious funding method in place to support Paul throughout 2008 if he has to elect to run 3rd party, with or without the GOP nomination. We now have a power hammer tool, but not every campaign goal is a nail. Let's get the votes now!

steve005
12-26-2007, 12:01 AM
We don't need any type of explosives at all, if you want to advertise a fund raising rally on a certain date then do it, no one is stoping you, if you dont agree on dates just have a contest to see who can do a better job getting the word out=bigger "money bomb"

derdy
12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
We hold the record on 24 hour donations. In other words, we are the reigning champion. Until someone else defeats us, there's no reason for another money bomb

kill the banks
12-26-2007, 12:37 AM
one suggestion ~ i wish we would do a grassroots day to raise enough money to finance our own ads for primary states ... we could pay for ads like NH liberty or die and run best 2 or 3 utube creations that we all agree would help attract voters
a couple of million would be plenty to show our vision of ron paul
just a thought

kill the banks

IHaveaDream
12-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I fail to understand how planning another money bomb would impede the efforts of our boots on the ground. It's not like we have to stop everything we're doing on the streets because a new money bomb is on the way. In fact, these events tend to motivate us that much more.

The other dates that have been set for money bombs seem too soon or don't seem to have as much going for them. MLK Day is controversial to some people and that would likely result in marginal support. Some are arguing that the campaign needs the money now, but Dr. Paul has stated repeatedly that he's confident they have enough money to get them through Super Tuesday for sure.

The idea of combining the National Freedom Day money bomb with the final payday is pretty clever. Seems like an awesome climax to that effort.

Nevertheless, I stand with the people in this grassroots movement and I am honored to be a part of it. I will make no further efforts to promote this suggestion. Thanks again to all of you for taking time to respond.

francisco
12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
The situation has changed. The Nov. 5 and Dec. 16th fundraisers were successful, but there is a good argument that "big" money bombs in the immediate short term would potentially do more damage than good.

There is an alternative! It is a new initiative called "Ron Paul's Payday". We can blindside our opponents and show just how maneuverable the Grassroots can be by adapting our strategy to meet the needs of the current situation. Please go first to the video linked in my signature below, then go to the website that is also linked. Also, there is now a subforum for discussion of the Payday under "Grassroots Projects"

Please check this out, you'll be glad you did! The video makes a very good case.