PDA

View Full Version : Why you do/don't support Ron Paul's Payday

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 04:27 PM
In the interest of customer service and marketing research I am trying to gather some information about the support for this idea within the RP community and wanted to get some hard statistics. I know this will be unscientific, but could help me to understand the trend.

If you don't support the project could you please post why. Anything from you don't like my video about it to you are supporting the blimp or operationNH instead is perfectly fine. I just want to know what is what.

Thanks,

Troy Fisher

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I am going to post this in Grassroots central later. Please review and provide feedback. I want to make sure it is unbiased as possible. I also want to get people to take it, so any advice on how to get people to look at a thread short of having a totally deceptive title would be appreciated.

Dave Pedersen
12-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I think it is a great idea. Especially the focus on number of donations rather than total amount raised. I however have been unemployed for a long time and I cannot at this time responsibly pledge any regular amount.. perhaps $5 /week once things settle down next month. I suspect many others are not so financially strapped and I do wish your project the very best success.

There are several chipins worth people's attention and I also think the blimp project will prove to be increasingly valuable as time goes on. Your approach enhances the diversification of funds and will allow people to support more than one objective. If you keep this idea front and center it will grow and become a success.

The financial Lilliputians can prevail ! Hurrah !!

european
12-25-2007, 04:44 PM
poll looks good, just the following looked strange to me:
I am supporting RP's Payday but am Maxed === imo should be something like: I can't join in because i'm already maxed out.
also place the link http://www.ronpaulspayday.com in the thread.
and mayne put in a "yes" at the positive options.

other options:
there are a lot of other website aswell that have fundraising efforts. the original moneybomb aswell. maybe team up with them?

thuja
12-25-2007, 04:46 PM
i like it because it's not another money bomb, which were already done so successfully, but which would seem old if done again.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I just thought of another response I should add:

I am supporting RP's Payday, but I am not American

clowns789
12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I think money should go to the blimp. The official campaign has a lot more money and they have enough for a long time unlike the blimp fund.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I think money should go to the blimp. The official campaign has a lot more money and they have enough for a long time unlike the blimp fund.

I wouldn't say the blimp is more important than the official campaign, we have to trust Dr. Paul to run a successful campaign - he has won 10 times in his district. But don't get me wrong, I like the blimp, I even gave them some money.

Also, Ron Paul's Payday is more about participation, you can be apart of it even if you can only afford $5 per week. Surely you could still give Dr. Paul $5 a week through Payday and still help fund the blimp? Actually, Ron Paul's Payday wants to free up more money for grassroots projects. Watch my second video where I talk about this if you haven't - my mention of "signs in the air" is a veiled reference to the blimp.

Man from La Mancha
12-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I think HQ should just add an option to their dontion page to enable weekly or monthly payments from my debit card, many charities do that, it's automatic, they know it's money in the bank and not a potential pledge, HQ can plan better and it's more convient for me. IMO

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I think HQ should just add an option to their dontion page to enable weekly or monthly payments from my debit card, many charities do that, it's automatic, they know it's money in the bank and not a potential pledge, HQ can plan better and it's more convient for me. IMO

Well, they don't have that, and Ron Paul's Campaign is not a charity, so I don't know if they are allowed to put people on payment plans.

Tarzan
12-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Having a steady stream of income for the official will be important as we move forward. I completely agree with you that the money bomb idea's time has come and gone. For all the reasons you stated and the emotional drain on the grassroots... at least it drained me. Plus, the TeaParty07 got less coverage than Nov 5th... the MSM just went "oh yeah... and Ron Paul got more money... now back to sports". It was almost a brush off. I am not pooh-poohing the money bombs... they did us a world of good. But we have "been there done that" and need something with a hook to catch their attention or a latch point for supporters.

I don't have any brilliant ideas for MSM exposure. But, here is one idea that might be a nice tie in on a couple of levels. What about a "Stop Smoking for Dr. Ron Paul"? January 1st and new year’s resolutions are fast approaching. A pack of cigarettes is unbelievably expensive. It would be a good thing for those who stop... tie in to RP being a doctor... adds up quickly if we sent in the money we are spending on cigarettes.

Not everybody smokes so it might be just one part of a New Years Resolution Program... we each pick something we can sacrifice (those $5.00 cups of coffee?)... then put aside the money to use for the Ron Paul's Payday. We could put together some graphic reminders that supporters could put on their desk... which coincidentally could be seen by their coworkers... and help remind the supporter of their daily pledge.

I do graphic design and would be happy to provide that end of the project... downloadable stuff people could print then put out as a reminder to themselves, which others might see. Maybe something like... "The Doctor is counting on you... and so is America - Ron Paul 2008" or "If not NOW... WHEN? - America need a Good Doctor. - Ron Paul 2008" or "Do it for Yourself... do it for America - Ron Paul 2008".

Anyway, just an idea and it needs more fleshing out.

Tarzan
12-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Another thought is that the tie-in with the PayDay could be called the "Ron Paul Resolution".
A reason to quite bad habits and a play on the "Ron Paul Revolution".

Unfortunately, it spells "lose" backwards so that may not be such a great idea afterall :(

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Another thought is that the tie-in with the PayDay could be called the "Ron Paul Resolution".
A reason to quite bad habits and a play on the "Ron Paul Revolution".

Unfortunately, it spells "lose" backwards so that may not be such a great idea afterall :(

Lol, yeah that might be bad, but I really like the way you are thinking. We should see if we can't get someone to make a commercial type youtube talking about all the things you could give up to take part in payday.

thekeeper
12-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I think that the RonPaul PayDay is a great idea.

I truly cannot participate because of my other Ron Paul projects. All of my Ron Paul money is currently going to buy blank DVDs. I am burning as many of them as I can. I am supplying them to my meetup group members, and distributing them to anyone who I feel might be open to Dr. Paul's message. The feedback on the DVDs has been great so far.

I will be giving more to the campaign. I just don't feel that I can make a weekly pledge right now. Each payday, I buy as many DVDs as I can afford.

I say if you can pledge for each PayDay then do it. The campaign will need the money for the long haul that is ahead.

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 11:44 PM
I think that the RonPaul PayDay is a great idea.

I truly cannot participate because of my other Ron Paul projects. All of my Ron Paul money is currently going to buy blank DVDs. I am burning as many of them as I can. I am supplying them to my meetup group members, and distributing them to anyone who I feel might be open to Dr. Paul's message. The feedback on the DVDs has been great so far.

I will be giving more to the campaign. I just don't feel that I can make a weekly pledge right now. Each payday, I buy as many DVDs as I can afford.

I say if you can pledge for each PayDay then do it. The campaign will need the money for the long haul that is ahead.

I've told people that if they support my project I'll support yours. I'll throw in $25 for dvds if you help support Ron Paul's Payday. Do you have a chip in?

skolwulf
12-25-2007, 11:45 PM
These are the numbers from the poll I put in Grassroots central.

I am not supporting Ron Paul's Payday. 15 19.74%
I support RP's Payday and have pledged. 13 17.11%
I support RP's Payday but have not pledged yet. 22 28.95%
I support RP's Payday but am maxed out. 12 15.79%
I support RP's Payday but am not a US citizen. 5 6.58%
What is Ron Paul's Payday? 9 11.84%

These are the numbers I have at this time and enough to possible draw some conclusion. Please feel free to comment on my Analysis/Commentary.

Support - Among people already familiar with Payday (excludes people who answered What is RP's Payday?) 52 of 67 support it (77%). This an very good number and would say this has broad support. I would ask the detractor to please reconsider their position based on the support it has at-large. Even though we are all individuals, political campaigns have collective components. If you still choose to not support the effort, please don't bash our efforts.

Maxed - Excluding people not familiar with Payday, 12 of 67 (18%) are maxed out. This leaves us with 82% that can still give. Also, given that is only sample of forum members and not Ron Paul supporters as a whole, I would guess that the overall % of people that could not participate in Payday would be lower. This is in part because Forum members are probably more involved in the Ron Paul Movement and more likely to dig deep and be more generation than the population as a whole. This speaks very good for the ability of most people to participate in Payday.

Pledged - Of people that both support Payday and can pledge (excludes non US citizens and Maxed) 13 of 35 have pledged (37%). Again this is a sample of forum member who are among the most active of Ron Paul Supporters. Given that a majority of this group has not pledged yet, the general population would have much lower pledge rates. We really need to work on getting the word out and getting people to pledge rather than just support it in name.

Don't Know About Payday - 9 of 76 respondents (12%)didn't know about Ron Paul's Payday. Given the attention this topic has gotten lately on the forums, this number is disturbingly high. It will only be worse in people that don't frequent these venues. We need to cure people of their ignorance on this issue and really work to get the word out. Please talk to members of your meet ups about Ron Paul's Payday and continue to the issue alive in the forums.

If you read this whole analysis I commend you.

Troy Fisher