PDA

View Full Version : Russia Blog says Ron Paul 08!

eldeeder
12-25-2007, 03:46 PM
http://newsfromrussia.com/world/americas/103144-0/

A forecast made by Denmark-based Saxo Bank, chaos will take a grip on the world in 2008. Oil prices will skyrocket to 175 dollars per barrel, the Chinese market will collapse by 40 percent, whereas the U.S. will suffer a 25-percent setback. All this will happen because of the mortgage crisis in the USA which already slows down the U.S. economy.

High oil prices can bring only good to Russia, though. On the other hand, even if the above-mentioned forecast comes true, Russia will face serious problems in its economy too. It is worthy of note that the majority of Saxo Bank’s previous forecasts for 2007 have proved to be true to fact.

On New Year’s Eve most people recollect the outgoing year and hope for the best. However, Saxo Bank experts seem to be an exception from this nice tradition. David Karsbol, the head of market strategy for the bank, said that the forecast had not been made to intimidate people. “It gives a reason to think about the future of the market,” he said.

Saxo Bank experts believe that oil prices will hit the level of 175 dollars per barrel in 2008, whereas grain prices will double. The U.S. and the Chinese markets will collapse by 25 and 40 percent respectively by the end of the summer of 2008. Every third of ten U.S. large building companies will go bankrupt. The British economy will also start declining.

The bank has its forecast on the new U.S. president too. The bank predicts that Ron Paul, the Texan Republican, will take the office in 2008.

On the other hand, if the U.S. economy slows downs its development as predicted, it would mean the decrease of the oil consumption and the oil price.

Oil prices much depend on the political constituent. If the USA launches a military action against Iran, oil prices will most likely jump up to 250 dollars per barrel according to a recent forecast by Standard & Poor’s.

The dark forecast from Saxo Bank does not mention Russia. There was no report issued in 2007 outlining apocalyptic perspectives for the Russian economy. The ongoing economic rise and the stable ruble protect Russia from financial shocks.

Most likely, Russia’s economy will not be subjected to considerable changes or fluctuations during the forthcoming year either. Nevertheless, Russia is a part of the global financial system, which means that the country will obviously suffer from a possible economic collapse that may occur in another part of the world.

werdd
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Honestly we are going to have to have some kind of economic melt down to wake up the people who know more about american idol than their goverment. Sad but true, feel blessed that you are smart enough to realize what is going on with our economy.

steve005
12-25-2007, 04:35 PM
bump

Arklatex
12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm one of the few who believe we can avoid a recession. I'm somewhat of an armchair economist. If we continue with our ways I do forcast a recession sometime(ofcourse! I'll eventlually be right), but lets be real, whats our dept at.... 9 trill? Whats the net worth of the US? I'll go with 70 trillion....

9/70 = 12.85% debt to equity ratio

That's just about perfect, I am a conservative and would like to see us at a little lower rate, but it's definitiely manangeable with a change in policy.

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's the real Saxo Bank document. It leads off with Ron Paul!!! But it says these predictions are meant to be thought-provoking, not accurate.

http://www.saxobank.com/advertisements/Outlook2008_front.pdf

According to this article, "Black swan events are high impact, rare occurrences that are beyond the realm of normal expectations."
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/19122007/398/saxo-bank-issues-outrageous-2008-predictions.html

weatherbill
12-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm one of the few who believe we can avoid a recession. I'm somewhat of an armchair economist. If we continue with our ways I do forcast a recession sometime(ofcourse! I'll eventlually be right), but lets be real, whats our dept at.... 9 trill? Whats the net worth of the US? I'll go with 70 trillion....

70/9 = 12.85% debt to equity ratio

That's just about perfect, I am a conservative and would like to see us at a little lower rate, but it's definitiely manangeable with a change in policy.

I agree, but if hillary come sin with this monster health care beaurocracy, we will see a further collpase only a few short years after initiated......keeping the faith though and doing my part to put Ron Paul in front of folks!