PDA

View Full Version : *** Important: Cooperative Project on Net Neutrality Truth ***

Rebel Resource
12-25-2007, 01:55 PM
If Ron Paul's popularity continues to rise, the establishment have a card up their sleeve
that could divide our support down the middle, or at the very least turn off millions
of people from our candidate.

From what I understand of the Net Neutrality Bill, it would hand regulation powers
over the internet to the government - not to guarantee neutrality as they claim,
but for more wicked purposes.

The website "savetheinternet.com" pretends to be Grassroots Vs. Evil Corporations, but
is actually a fraud movement designed to get people behind government tyranny.

OUR CURRENT SYSTEM IS PERFECT.
In a free market, it would be madness for an ISP to discriminate.
CONSUMERS WOULD JUST SWITCH TO A NON-DISCRIMINATORY ISP.

We need to work together in key areas to pre-empt and
combat the inevitable mass media spin on this issue. We
have time on our hands. So this is what is involved -- not
a full list by any means.

1. We need to use this thread as a base of activism on the matter. I will use the second post of this thread to list important websites, videos, articles, etc.

2. We need to 'spam' the internet with articles that explain Ron Paul's point of view on this matter. We need articles in all four corners of the www.

3. We need to make youtube videos such as this one, which was posted on this board previously. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogx-16xpzAg

4. We need all the ideas we can think of.

Rebel Resource
12-25-2007, 01:55 PM
List of important websites, videos, articles, etc.

(to come)

Lord Xar
12-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I think a simple schematic/graphic of what is proposed and what Ron Paul opposes... and we just start posting that everywhere...... start posting graphics and html pages WITH those keywords in the titles... and to hand this info out to internet/computer savvy people.....

Also, as you said - start making youtube videos......

Rebel Resource
12-25-2007, 02:06 PM
If we can formulate an 'optimum message' --- just as others have decided on a newspaper advert --- then we can unite in a joint effort to disseminate it.

ThePieSwindler
12-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately, alot of tech-savvy people are not economically/market-savvy, which is why they get these convoluted ideas about net neutrality bills. I keep telling people that the problem is government protection of local telecomm monopolies. People pull the "oh but they use public utilities", yeah so did public utilities companies at the turn of the 20th century, yet each one was allowed to have equal access, whereas nowadays its very protected. Wait, and here i was from our public school history textbooks thinkin the early 19th century was the time of evil monopolies! Maybe government-created ones, but otherwise.. not quite

Rebel Resource
12-25-2007, 02:18 PM
If the US government was accountable, we'd oblige it to guarantee neutrality, and nothing more.

Unfortunately the bill proposes far more power than simply guaranteeing neutrality. And not only is the government not accountable, the people are unable to repeal laws, and so this tyranny would be set in stone.

If we do this right, and get enough people active, we can actually use this to win support for RP. We shouldn't just be on the defensive here.

brandon
12-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I really like the site www.dontregulate.com for a good flash intro to the problems with "net neutrality."

Rebel Resource
12-25-2007, 02:46 PM
The problem is that they have defined the terms of the debate. They've associated the regulation bill with "net neutrality"

As I see it, the priorities are therefore to:

1. Outline how regulation will lead to "Big Internet", under the wing of corporatist government, raising barriers to market entry and threatening the public interest.

2. Outline how in the present system, the free market protects the consumer from "Big Internet" as long as alternatives are allowed to exist.

Dan D.
12-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I've noticed that the divide is not R/D or R-D/L or anything else. So you need to tailor the answer.

Liberals: Do you trust the government to handle big business? Then why should you trust them to handle the internet?

Conservatives: Do you trust the government to handle health care? Then why should you trust them to handle the internet?