PDA

View Full Version : Help me prove some paul points

Virginia Libertarian
12-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I was on another forum and got into a Paul debate... a very anti-Paul member posted this and I was wondering if some of you bright bulbs out there could help me out with some jabs to counter his arguements which I can tell are BS

"ok first off the ron paul website is an awful source of information. For instance his so called claims of helping the enviroment are laughable. He has voted against so many things its not cool. Like voting against kyoto, voting for keeping subidies for big oil, voted to drill in alaska. He is about against the enviorment you can get

First off with eliminating federal education and healthcare do you know who gets screwed, the poor. He also wants to have school prayer and religion in our schools, did you know that?

His healthecare idea is just plain dumb. First off by relaxing regulations on nurses he creates a greater chance of acountablity with more people. With greater acountablity comes greater risk which drives up malpratice insurance. This in turn leads to higher prices. With no government control health insurance and hospitals can just price gouge.

Plus the consitution doesn't make any mention of education so it is really dumb to assume it has anything to do with the problem.

Illegal aliens don't really use many government services (read the KATO study on immigration that was released this year). They are too scared of getting deported. "

me3
12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
That person is so terribly misguided and uninformed, it would take a long time to go through every point. Unless you are sure they can vote, and can vote Ron Paul (R), then I wouldn't spend much time on it. 2 months ago, these battles had value, but with 8 days to the Primaries, voters offline are the ones who really count.

danberkeley
12-25-2007, 02:02 PM
"ok first off the ron paul website is an awful source of information. For instance his so called claims of helping the enviroment are laughable. He has voted against so many things its not cool. Like voting against kyoto,

kyoto is so invaside on the sovereignty on the USA

voting for keeping subidies for big oil,

i doubt the validity of that one. but it may have been an earmark

voted to drill in alaska.
and this is bad why? this would make us less dependant on foreign oil. besides, it's not like the environment in the middle east ISN'T being destroyed. besides again, consumers could forced the oil companies to be as friendly to the environment as possible.

He is about against the enviorment you can get

how about dropping depleted uranium in the middle east? thats whats been happening since probably Desert Storm. Paul is the only candidate to wants to get out of Iraq and the entire middle east, no questions asked. Obama, on the other hand, wants to stay there to make sure that Iran is not a threat (and they are not, of course). Doesnt Obama sound like Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Powell?

First off with eliminating federal education and healthcare do you know who gets screwed, the poor.

the poor have been getting screwed WITH the Department of Education. No Child Left Behind meant that schools LOWERED their standards.

He also wants to have school prayer and religion in our schools, did you know that?

no. i dont know. do u? lol. the first amendment states that the government can not bar anyone from practicing religion.

His healthecare idea is just plain dumb.

and universal healthcare isnt? lol

First off by relaxing regulations on nurses he creates a greater chance of acountablity with more people.

really? i thought that relaxing regulations meant less accountability. lol
besides, the quality of nurses is lowering because hospitals cannot afford good nurses because illegal immmigrants are using up too many resources, because the gov forces hostipals to treat illegal immigrants for free.

With greater acountablity comes greater risk which drives up malpratice insurance. This in turn leads to higher prices. With no government control health insurance and hospitals can just price gouge.

what? what? and what? i thought inflation lead to higher prices. price gauge? that would create an incentive to become a doctor which would in turn reduce the price of healthcare.

Plus the consitution doesn't make any mention of education so it is really dumb to assume it has anything to do with the problem.
what?

Illegal aliens don't really use many government services (read the KATO study on immigration that was released this year). They are too scared of getting deported. "

sure. but they do use up private resources, which the government, nor anyone for that matter, does not reimburse. hospitals all over the vountry are closing because of illegal immigrants

pacelli
12-25-2007, 02:07 PM
That person is so terribly misguided and uninformed, it would take a long time to go through every point. Unless you are sure they can vote, and can vote Ron Paul (R), then I wouldn't spend much time on it. 2 months ago, these battles had value, but with 8 days to the Primaries, voters offline are the ones who really count.

Agreed, it is pointless to try to convince someone to vote for Dr. Paul at this point-- there's no sense in getting into a debate about it with someone who if already flatly against him. Better to shoot for true undecideds or those that admit they are completely uninformed.

ionlyknowy
12-25-2007, 02:13 PM
the supply of doctors is stagnant because there are only so many med schools and the board that certifies them does not allow new schools to open at the rate needed and therefore create more doctors... to meet the demand.

quantized
12-25-2007, 02:30 PM
You will not be able to find a candidate with a political campaign message that fits into every interest group agenda. If i want a candidate for the environment, I would go with the nobel laurette Al Gore. But he is not running this time round... To solve the environment problem facing our world, government intervention/participation is neccessary, in my opinion. There are already available solutions to many of the environmental issues, it just need the Washington to exert politcal will.

angrydragon
12-25-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/kyoto.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/crispin2.html

Knightskye
12-25-2007, 03:52 PM
"ok first off the ron paul website is an awful source of information. For instance his so called claims of helping the enviroment are laughable. He has voted against so many things its not cool. Like voting against kyoto, voting for keeping subidies for big oil, voted to drill in alaska. He is about against the enviorment you can get

On the website (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/environment/), it says Ron follows the Constitution when it comes to the environment (as he does with anything else. I'd like to see evidence that he voted to keep subsidies for "big oil", even though it doesn't exist. About the Kyoto Treaty, Ron Paul is against international organizations, like the UN. Ron's for property rights.

First off with eliminating federal education and healthcare do you know who gets screwed, the poor. He also wants to have school prayer and religion in our schools, did you know that?

There is no such thing as "federal education". And Ron can't get rid of the Department of Education by himself. The Congress has to. Actually, the poor benefit, because the government isn't taking as large a bite out of their paycheck. Read the First Amendment. "Congress shall write no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Praying would be counted as "exercising". And since schools are public property, it's allowed under the Constitution. So, why wouldn't Ron Paul support prayer in school?

His healthecare idea is just plain dumb. First off by relaxing regulations on nurses he creates a greater chance of acountablity with more people. With greater acountablity comes greater risk which drives up malpratice insurance. This in turn leads to higher prices. With no government control health insurance and hospitals can just price gouge.

With government-controlled healthcare, there's no competition. The government controls your salary. Without competition, there's no reason to use next-generation technology, or do research, because they don't have to. Look at England; the doctors there go on strike because of their nationalized healthcare system.

Ron Paul's 'Issues' page for Healthcare (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/health-care/) only makes one mention of nurses, and it says Ron would support reforming licensure requirements for nurses and pharmacists.

There's a grammar problem here. "assume it has anything to do with the problem - the government or the Constitution? The Dept. of Education is an unnecessary bureaucracy and it would be much better off if education were left to the states.

Well, healthcare and education aren't many things - two, really - but it's the cost of these things that Ron Paul is worried about. And there's a limit as to how many we can deport at once. And just because they're afraid doesn't mean they aren't a problem.

Original poster - Are you sending him to the forums, or copying our messages and e-mailing them to him? I think the former would be more convenient for you. ;)