PDA

View Full Version : REPORT this video... Laughing about a National Tragedy from 100 years ago!

V4Vendetta
12-25-2007, 12:04 PM
REPORT this video... Laughing about a National Tragedy from 100 years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh16TTbihVQ

TheConstitutionLives
12-25-2007, 12:06 PM
If it's anti- Paul I don't want to give it the ratings by clicking on it. No thanks.

TheHand
12-25-2007, 12:12 PM
If it's anti- Paul I don't want to give it the ratings by clicking on it. No thanks.
Good choice! It's just a slam on us. Don't visit. It's bait!

olehounddog
12-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Good choice! It's just a slam on us. Don't visit. It's bait!

I agree. let it die. 11 hrs and only like 5 or 6 comments.

Chester Copperpot
12-25-2007, 12:21 PM
its stupid.. The Ron Paul Blimp is a BLimp.. The hindenburg was a dirigible. Note the metal framework from the video... A blimp doesnt have any internal framework like that.

Nefertiti
12-25-2007, 12:26 PM
If the blimp organizers didn't seem this coming they had their heads in the sand. Before the blimp was even in the air I predicted the Hindenburg connection would be made and used against it. Using something that naturally evokes images of Nazi technology was risky, especially when we are already dealing with the Don Black issue.

phixion
12-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I support Ron Paul but I thought the video was funny.

There's always room for a laugh.

The idea such things should be censored or 'reported' is ridiculous and shame on anyone who claims they want freedom who 'reports' it.

Pete

Airborn
12-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I support Ron Paul but I thought the video was funny.

There's always room for a laugh.

The idea such things should be censored or 'reported' is ridiculous and shame on anyone who claims they want freedom who 'reports' it.

Pete

How was it funny? If something like that was to really happen to our people and blimp, it would be funny? Sorry don't get what is funny about it.

fuzzybekool
12-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Michael Medved did the same thing on the first day the Ron Paul Blimp took off from Elizabeth City. On his radio broadcast, he had it like a reporter was on the scene, and then he played the tape of the reporter who witnessed the hindenburg crash and decribed the horrific scene from the famous radio broadcast.

Dave Pedersen
12-25-2007, 01:16 PM
ho ho ho.. very funny. I wonder how many years go by before someone starts laughing about planes flying into the wtc towers.. ho ho ho..

Burning to death is not funny. Never was. Never will be.

The Hindenburg was flammable because of the rubberized coating which came in contact with the power lines. The coating contained metallic particles. Most have been convinced the helium was the primary aspect of the fire.

Anyway.. some think we should not have a blimp "because of the connection which will be made between it and nazi Germany." Now that really is a stretch. One which most viewers will be able to dismiss without effort.

There are always connections which can be made between this and that. The media will make connections which do not exist if there are none that do. Stop second guessing what the media will use as if they can somehow be prevented from lying. This notion of self censorship simply makes their job easier.

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Poor taste, but let's not treat it as though it were sacrilege and blasphemy, I say.

KCIndy
12-25-2007, 01:41 PM
The Hindenburg was flammable because of the rubberized coating which came in contact with the power lines. The coating contained metallic particles. Most have been convinced the helium was the primary aspect of the fire.

Not to be over-picky, but the Hindenburg was filled with hydrogen, not helium. But you're right, it was the dirigible's coating that caused the flash fire, NOT the "filling" of hydrogen gas.

adpierce
12-25-2007, 01:57 PM
The fact is I saw this coming a mile away. If I was anti-Paul this would have been something I would have done a long time ago. Don't get all worked up about it. It was just a matter of time before this video or a similar one went online.

Dave Pedersen
12-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Not to be over-picky, but the Hindenburg was filled with hydrogen, not helium. But you're right, it was the dirigible's coating that caused the flash fire, NOT the "filling" of hydrogen gas.

Yup.. Hydrogen.. hey what's one electron ennyway? Point taken. (I KNEW it was hydrogen.. but got my names crossed up). Thanks for the correction.

:rolleyes: