PDA

View Full Version : Open Call: Video material for DVD

Orat
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Sorry, I probably should have posted the thread here instead, so I'm doing that now:

Hello, I'm part of a project in Oklahoma to put together a biographical, structured DVD that will introduce people to Ron Paul and that is targetted at conservatives.

Toward this end, I am in need of the highest quality video material I can get my hands on. I am particularly interested if someone has video from the Kasas City speech, as that was the best speech I've seen Ron Paul give, in my opinion.

I believe someone mentioned earlier that they had an FTP site they would let people use to upload their high-quality video, so that would take care of how to
distribute it.

Once we have created the DVD, we will make it available to everyone so other groups across the country can use it if they wish.

Thanks in advance!

Revilre
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't have footage to contribute, but I am willing to lend any help i can to you in the actual DVD production process.

I have After Effects and DVD Studio Pro on my mac, and can help put together things like animation for the menus, lower thirds, section bumpers, etc. I've always found if there is something always moving on the screen, even if its subtle it looks so much better than a static background, or worse a solid color background. It just keeps the energy flowing.

Cody Frisch
cbfrisch@gmail.com

Orat
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Cody!

Meistro1
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Kansas City Speech :

http://watchthis.zakyoung.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2032&Itemid=3

Ron Paul Archive :

http://watchthis.zakyoung.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=6&id=114&Itemid=3

if you go to video.google.ca and search for any of the the titles in the archive it will find them, so then all u need to do is a get a youtube / google scraper and ur good to go

Orat
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks!

Revilre
07-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Except a youtube scraper or google scraper is going to give you at best 480X360 (google) and much lower yet for youtube and compressed video. Its going to be far worse than VHS, definitely not "high quality". It may be good content, but its not visually high quality content - which is important to look "professional".

I know we are grass roots and all, but if stuff looks like low grade amateur the mainstream public will not accept that. The people who originally produced those youtube and google videos have the source footage thats needed. Can they please find a way to share it with those who want to help now who missed it?

Mike in PA
07-16-2007, 09:27 AM
trying messaging the members who uploaded the video for the source file to be emailed to you

HaroldC
07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
After downloading a copy of dvd through bittorrent, I've been disappointed in the results myself. YouTube videos or google videos aren't going to cut it for putting together a quality dvd or putting together new material. The capture needs to be in avi in order to edit the video and maintain the quality. I have captured the last two interviews Paul had on Tucker Carlson. If anyone hears of ANY Paul video such as coming up interviews or has quality vhs or non-encrypted dvds, please contact me.

The goal would be to create a comprehensive library of high quality video and audio content on Paul. A library members can use to create additional content based on local need; whether taxes, 2nd Amendment, FED, Iraq, or etc. The additional content would then be shared.

If anyone has any info on such a library please post it. I'd like to load the two interviews that I have. Both are avi and are completely in sync.

Phenom24
07-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey all - just a thought I'm trying to put out here in a few separate forums related to videos...

If anyone has high quality video, it can be uploaded to Stage6.divx.com....

There are HD videos on there - everything - people can watch the videos in their browser or download them.

I don't work for Stage6 or anything (although it may appear that way) but it is a video site that is relatively unknown and could be used for Ron Paul purposes!!!

(there are already RP vids on there, but the quality is meh... I've seen some that even full screen look awesome - so if anyone has them and can upload......)

Go RP Go!

:)

HaroldC
07-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Thanks for letting me know about the divx site. But that isn't useful. When I'm talking about avi, I mean uncompressed video. Most people don't have dvd players that will play divx. Also if any editing is done or it is re-rendered into another format then you lose the quality.

Orat
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Well, depending on the quality of the original and the compression used when you re-compress it, it could still look very good.

nayjevin
08-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Best I've found:

http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:ron+paul

JeffnDallas
08-10-2007, 09:44 AM
If you guys can find something free of corporate/news images/logos, we can help you mass produce these DVD's. I'm also trying to work with the Ron Paul HQ on a similar project that can be used nationally, purchased off the website cheaply.

terryhamel
09-16-2007, 07:51 AM
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/External_plugins#Logo_removal

says there are 3 plugins that can remove logos

* DeKafka
* DeLogo
* X-Logo

Many more fancy plugins too.