PDA

View Full Version : Saxo Bank Predict Ron Paul Presidency

PatriotOne
12-25-2007, 07:35 AM
New Year 2008 may destroy USA’s struggling economy

A forecast made by Denmark-based Saxo Bank, chaos will take a grip on the world in 2008. Oil prices will skyrocket to 175 dollars per barrel, the Chinese market will collapse by 40 percent, whereas the U.S. will suffer a 25-percent setback. All this will happen because of the mortgage crisis in the USA which already slows down the U.S. economy.

High oil prices can bring only good to Russia, though. On the other hand, even if the above-mentioned forecast comes true, Russia will face serious problems in its economy too. It is worthy of note that the majority of Saxo Bank’s previous forecasts for 2007 have proved to be true to fact.

On New Year’s Eve most people recollect the outgoing year and hope for the best. However, Saxo Bank experts seem to be an exception from this nice tradition. David Karsbol, the head of market strategy for the bank, said that the forecast had not been made to intimidate people. “It gives a reason to think about the future of the market,” he said.

Saxo Bank experts believe that oil prices will hit the level of 175 dollars per barrel in 2008, whereas grain prices will double. The U.S. and the Chinese markets will collapse by 25 and 40 percent respectively by the end of the summer of 2008. Every third of ten U.S. large building companies will go bankrupt. The British economy will also start declining.

The bank has its forecast on the new U.S. president too. The bank predicts that Ron Paul, the Texan Republican, will take the office in 2008.

On the other hand, if the U.S. economy slows downs its development as predicted, it would mean the decrease of the oil consumption and the oil price.

Oil prices much depend on the political constituent. If the USA launches a military action against Iran, oil prices will most likely jump up to 250 dollars per barrel according to a recent forecast by Standard & Poor’s.

The dark forecast from Saxo Bank does not mention Russia. There was no report issued in 2007 outlining apocalyptic perspectives for the Russian economy. The ongoing economic rise and the stable ruble protect Russia from financial shocks.

Most likely, Russia’s economy will not be subjected to considerable changes or fluctuations during the forthcoming year either. Nevertheless, Russia is a part of the global financial system, which means that the country will obviously suffer from a possible economic collapse that may occur in another part of the world.

Rest here:

http://newsfromrussia.com/world/americas/103144-0/

NorwegianLibertarian
12-25-2007, 07:58 AM
The tradition continues…
Saxo Bank’s Outrageous Predictions 2008
If you’ve read Saxo Bank’s yearly Outlooks over the last few years, you’ll know we don’t hold back in our
annual attempt to predict the black swan sightings in global markets for the year ahead.
Remember though, these predictions are made more in an attempt to provoke thought than at accuracy!
This year, we have to mention our predictions are a bit on the pessimistic side – so let’s hope that we’re
very wrong with the gloomiest of them.
1) Ron Paul elected President of the United States
We’re starting with the most outrageous first! One would imagine that a party with the least popular
president to inhabit the White House – ever – wouldn’t stand a snowball’s chance in Texas of getting a
new candidate elected to the presidency. But Ron Paul is no George Bush Jr., even if he is a Republican like
Bush and is from Texas like Bush. His libertarian, anti-war platform is about three standard deviations away
from the platform of any other Republican candidate — or even Hilary Clinton, for that matter. Paul’s share
in the Republican candidate polls has rocketed from 1 % to 6% in the space of a few months and there
is the best part of a year to go until the election. As should be clear from this year’s Outlook, we are quite
negative on the US economy in 2008. A general slowdown and stock market turmoil should increase the
odds of a Ron Paul nomination as he has been theonly candidate to speak frankly about the budget and
current account deficits and the dollar crisis.

http://www.saxobank.com/advertisements/Outlook2008_front.pdf

Gimme Some Truth
12-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Cool, have they made predictions ,that have been correct, before?

derdy
12-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Cool, have they made predictions ,that have been correct, before?

Well, apparently they predicted the mortgage mess the US is in, but anyone with a brain and paying attention could predict that.

Many other newsletters I read predicted it and, yet, while they have a positive view of Ron Paul, they are more pessimistic about his chances of winning.

jonahtrainer
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
The bank has its forecast on the new U.S. president too. The bank predicts that Ron Paul, the Texan Republican, will take the office in 2008.

I will bet $$$ against that prediction.

BeFranklin
12-26-2007, 12:18 AM
///

AceNZ
12-26-2007, 12:24 AM
This is old news. Here's a thread from Dec 20:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61030

literatim
12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
I will bet $$$ against that prediction.

You'd win because it will be 2009. :D

jonahtrainer
12-26-2007, 12:34 AM
You'd win because it will be 2009. :D

That is how I like to make my bets!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-26-2007, 01:50 AM
That is great news!

Tanner
12-26-2007, 02:08 AM
That is great news!

For the Ron Paul candidacy, probably. For every other unwealthy individual in the US and corroborating economies... not so much.

agasys
12-26-2007, 02:21 AM
If the economic downturn is going to happen, I'd want Ron Paul to be at the helm. Certainly not Hillary or Tax Hike Mike.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I am pulling my stocks and turning them into Gold. As the dollar is dropping, the Gold value increases. Not as much as Apple, but a lot more solid.

jamesmadison
12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
bump

slantedview
12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
this is why i own gold.

and ron paul, he owns a ton of gold :)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
if the economy shrinks by 25% before november, RP may get the GOP nomination regardless of the primary results.... by public demand.

V3n
09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
New Year 2008 may destroy USA’s struggling economy

A forecast made by Denmark-based Saxo Bank, chaos will take a grip on the world in 2008. Oil prices will skyrocket to 175 dollars per barrel, the Chinese market will collapse by 40 percent, whereas the U.S. will suffer a 25-percent setback. All this will happen because of the mortgage crisis in the USA which already slows down the U.S. economy.

High oil prices can bring only good to Russia, though. On the other hand, even if the above-mentioned forecast comes true, Russia will face serious problems in its economy too. It is worthy of note that the majority of Saxo Bank’s previous forecasts for 2007 have proved to be true to fact.

On New Year’s Eve most people recollect the outgoing year and hope for the best. However, Saxo Bank experts seem to be an exception from this nice tradition. David Karsbol, the head of market strategy for the bank, said that the forecast had not been made to intimidate people. “It gives a reason to think about the future of the market,” he said.

Saxo Bank experts believe that oil prices will hit the level of 175 dollars per barrel in 2008, whereas grain prices will double. The U.S. and the Chinese markets will collapse by 25 and 40 percent respectively by the end of the summer of 2008. Every third of ten U.S. large building companies will go bankrupt. The British economy will also start declining.

On the other hand, if the U.S. economy slows downs its development as predicted, it would mean the decrease of the oil consumption and the oil price.

Oil prices much depend on the political constituent. If the USA launches a military action against Iran, oil prices will most likely jump up to 250 dollars per barrel according to a recent forecast by Standard & Poor’s.

The dark forecast from Saxo Bank does not mention Russia. There was no report issued in 2007 outlining apocalyptic perspectives for the Russian economy. The ongoing economic rise and the stable ruble protect Russia from financial shocks.

Most likely, Russia’s economy will not be subjected to considerable changes or fluctuations during the forthcoming year either. Nevertheless, Russia is a part of the global financial system, which means that the country will obviously suffer from a possible economic collapse that may occur in another part of the world.

Rest here:

http://newsfromrussia.com/world/americas/103144-0/

(I changed the BOLD text myself)

I was thinking about this prediction the other day.. I just don't think they understood our Primary process or maybe they overestimated how informed the American public is. It is interesting to see what they got right...

steph3n
09-24-2008, 10:16 AM
(I changed the BOLD text myself)

I was thinking about this prediction the other day.. I just don't think they understood our Primary process or maybe they overestimated how informed the American public is. It is interesting to see what they got right...

let's bail them out!!!! :D