PDA

View Full Version : Your Success Stories: Share Them!

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I've seen a few threads about Ron Paul success stories, so I thought it'd be nice if we had a thread dedicated to such triumphs. I'll kick it off with my own, and I hope you guys all add your experiences!
---------------------------------------------------

About a month ago, I went home for my mom's birthday, and we went out to dinner with my grandparents. My grandparents asked me about the Ron Paul sticker on my car because they had no idea who he was despite the fact that they are hardcore Republicans. After telling them about Paul's background (delivering 4000 babies as an ob gyn), I tailored my approach based on what I knew about my grandparents. My Grandfather is a Reagan conservative from Kansas, so I told him about how Ron Paul believes in defending the Constitution, protecting America, and supporting limited government.

My grandfather always voted for the GOP candidate and basically thought that the party was perfect. However, he admitted to us that he felt betrayed by the GOP and that the Neo-conservative movement was alienating him. The words and actions of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc did not represent his conservatism. He wanted to know what had happened to his party of small government. Here was a party of corruption, excessive spending and preemptive war. I then told him that as a true conservative, I felt like I was politically homeless until I found Ron Paul because he was a True Goldwater Conservative. His eyes lit up when I said that.

Last weekend, I went home for my brother's birthday. When my grandparents pulled up to my house, there was a "Ron Paul - President 2008" sticker on their bumper.

BIG_J
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I was visiting my girlfriend and her dad is a Medical Doctor, at dinner out at a restaurant we got to talking about politics and how the MSM front-runners lack any punch whatsoever. Here is where I interjected a line I got from this forum.

"I just donated $50 dollars for the first time in my life to a political campaign"

And like the original poster said, "THEY JUST CAN'T Resist asking WHO?"

ME: "Ron Paul I said"
GFDAD: "Who is Ron Paul"
ME: "A medical doctor OBGYN and he is from Texas, where he holds a seat in the house of reps"
GFDAD: "Oh Really?"
ME: "Yeah and I figured if the guy is going to eliminate the income tax $50 dollars now is a pretty good investment considering, It would return me in Federal tax dollars over 12000 a year."
GFDAD: "Even Cramer wouldn't be stupid enough to not buy that stock!"
ME: "No kidding, check out his webpage at -we know the address-"

Two days later:

GFDAD: "I can't believe what GNOSTRADAMUS Said about him! Unbelievable!"

ha-ha! Plus, this guy has money to burn, can you say MAX contribuitor!?

mport1
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I am very close to winning over a new supporter through MySpace (especially if Tancredo drops). Here are a sequence of messages to me. I calmly explained everything in detail, quoting Ron Paul and sources where appropriate. Just shows that a polite discussion works a lot better then biting their heads off.

"You're a complete joke to the campaign race. I'm 100% for TOM TANCREDO and not some decrepid geezer like you."

"He thinks theres conspiracy involving the US government with 9/11. You're talk about what he's never done, will do, etc..Is very similar to that of any other Republican candidate..."

"...I should watch one of his latest debates, you're right. I mainly based my opinion off that Fox clip.. So I'll look into it."

"I'll be sure to check out those videos. I did some research on where he stands on more personal issues, like abortion, and I really agree with him.

But I'll be bribing some adults to vote for Tom. And as of now, RP is my 2nd favorite candidate. I guess I never really gave him a chance.
Props to you for winning me over. :) "

yongrel
07-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I walk around the local parks with RP info and talk to the elderly.

Lots of success stories there.

nullvalu
07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd say this is a pretty good success story:

Ron Paul
16,249 Members in 453 Meetup Groups, 3,537 waiting for a Meetup Group

I was just appointed assistant organizer in our new, local meetup group. The Region/NW Indiana for Ron Paul 2008 Meetup (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/449) and I'm so excited.

nunaem
07-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe this thread should wait until 2009?:)

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe this thread should wait until 2009?:)

No, we'll be too busy partying in the streets to be on the intrawebs

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
bump

zMtLlC
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
My parents are vacationing in Hawaii. They called me last night and said they saw campaign signed for only one person: Ron Paul. Good job to whoever put these up, they get the attention of more than just people from Hawaii!

BravoSix
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I've had a few "converts", so-to-speak.

A few long-time friends were pretty easy. For as long as I've known them, they've been politically aligned with Ron Paul's positions, they just didn't know it. It was just a matter of introducing them to Ron Paul, as they had never heard of him.

My mom called me the other day asking about Ron Paul. She's heard me talk about him before and has seen my email signature, MySpace page, etc, but has little interest in politics. When I answered the phone, the first words out of her mouth were, "Who is this Ron Paul guy? I just got back from Florence (South Carolina) and saw several big "Ron Paul for President" signs on the highway." Props to whomever put the signs up in that area of S.C. :)

I've been speading the word on several other forums I belong to, as well as those on my MySpace friends list (I know almost all of them personally, in real life). I've had 3 of them tell me, "Hey, I'm going to look into this Ron Paul guy.", and one tell me that I had "sold" him on Ron Paul (he was previously a Romney supporter).

BLS
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
My best friend had a 4th of July party this past Saturday. I knew beforehand I would bring up RP to everyone..just waited for the right moment.

Sure enough, 8 cap'n cokes into the night for one guy and he started complaining about the little girl who was severely injured by the pool drain and started saying 'we need more laws to protect us, etc'.

I politely issued to him (and about 4 others standing around) about "our constitutional civil liberties and how they are being infringed".

That escalated (rather quickly mind you) to an all out 8 or 9 guys b!tch fest about how they hated the laws on car tabs, immigration, the war in Iraq, etc.

I had em by the short and curly's and BLASTED em with facts and figures about how much we borrow daily to fund the war, how many illegals are here, etc.

They were all like "YEAH! you tell em!" I said...well, did you know....

One guy said...that's great, but that's isolationism, and that didn't work pre WWII.

BAM...right back at him "Isolationism is NOT what he stands for..he stands for open trade, diplomacy with all nations...look at Vietnam...."

Him: wow...I was wrong.

Needless to say, I converted at least 4 people that night (3 already were converted by yours truly and just sat back and watched me work the magic).

The biggest opponent argued with me that he's NOT a Dem or Rep and that he's an INDEPENDANT...I said "good, so is Ron Paul...he only chose ot run as a R because you have to in order to have a shot".
He still didn't like him (was drunk and is always argumentative...you know the type).

He called me Monday night asking for some computer help...to which I said...have you checked your email (sent him "stop dreaming")...he said No, but I've been reading about him since Sunday. I Like was he's saying. I'm still doing reading."

me = :^)

Also, my neo con friend who is a big Iraq war supporter emails me monday night..link to a Ron Paul article.

I emailed him back...."are you reading up on the good Dr?"

He said "yes...if he's a legit candidate I want to know his stances are".

Chalk up another conversioin.

DeadheadForPaul
07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
My best friend had a 4th of July party this past Saturday. I knew beforehand I would bring up RP to everyone..just waited for the right moment.

Sure enough, 8 cap'n cokes into the night for one guy and he started complaining about the little girl who was severely injured by the pool drain and started saying 'we need more laws to protect us, etc'.

I politely issued to him (and about 4 others standing around) about "our constitutional civil liberties and how they are being infringed".

That escalated (rather quickly mind you) to an all out 8 or 9 guys b!tch fest about how they hated the laws on car tabs, immigration, the war in Iraq, etc.

I had em by the short and curly's and BLASTED em with facts and figures about how much we borrow daily to fund the war, how many illegals are here, etc.

One guy said...that's great, but that's isolationism, and that didn't work pre WWII.

BAM...right back at him "Isolationism is NOT what he stands for..he stands for open trade, diplomacy with all nations...look at Vietnam...."

Needless to say, I converted at least 4 people that night (3 already were converted by yours truly and just sat back and watched me work the magic).

The biggest opponent argued with me that he's NOT a Dem or Rep and that he's an INDEPENDANT...I said "good, so is Ron Paul...he only chose ot run as a R because you have to in order to have a shot".
He still didn't like him (was drunk and is always argumentative...you know the type).

He called me Monday night asking for some computer help...to which I said...have you checked your email (sent him "stop dreaming")...he said No, but I've been reading about him since Sunday. I Like was he's saying. I'm still doing reading."

Also, my neo con friend who is a big Iraq war supporter emails me monday night..link to a Ron Paul article.

Nice!

I think the best approach is to talk about the issues and see where people stand then down the road I will usually bring up Ron Paul when they ask me about my opinion on the candidates

quickmike
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Might be old news to some, but I was door to dooring it a few saturdays back and a lady I gave a flyer to said her grandfather owned farm land on a busy highway that connects 4 major cities in this part of the state and would allow me to put up a series on signs on the edge of his land, which is about 10 ft from the side of the highway.

Still waiting to hear from him on the legality of the size of signs you can use, since billboards are not allowed on this part of hwy 51, but signs are ok. I want them to be as big as possible, so im waiting to hear from him about the maximum size. Good news, since thousands of people drive down that road every day and would be exposed to the Ron:D

quickmike
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM

I also used the "stop dreaming" video to convert a very good friend who is a sorta-neocon who was going to support F thompson. I sent him the link to the video, and got a message in my youtube inbox from him saying "dude, im convinced. Ill vote for him here in Kansas, promise. Talk to you later"