PDA

View Full Version : Action Needed: Cnn/YouYube debate on September 17th

mport1
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
An important post from Andrew Washburn on Ron Paul's Facebook group. Start making your videos to submit:

"Guys,

Go here:

http://www.youtube.com/debates

And come to the realization that we need to blitz YouTube with questions. We have plenty of time, so that's plenty of time to post plenty of questions. I've done a little research on this, and much of the MSM believe this debate will be a giant flop; the reason espoused being that the questions thus far posted have been poorly forwarded. (I'm guessing lots of bad grammar, unprofessional appearance and simply stupid questions). If we put out a ton of well-worded questions addressed to RP (they only want 15-30 second videos, max) and are well-dressed and well-groomed, we can make it very hard for CNN to ignore us. Every one of us who has a digital camera needs to post at least one question, because seeing lots of different people's faces asking for RP will also help dispel the notion that we are just a small flock of spammers.

Note that, right now, YouTube is only accepting submissions for the Democratic debate at the end of this month. Keep checking the link to find out when they'll begin accepting questions for the Republican debate.

I'm looking for ideas for good "softball" questions for RP. We need hundreds and hundreds of softball questions for RP to be submitted by different people. We should avoid the more sensitive topics like abortion, because no debate about abortion has ever improved a candidate's standing. Questions like

"Congressman Paul, what are your plans for the situation in Iraq?"
"Congressman Paul, how did you feel about the amnesty bill?"

Stuff like that. If you have good question ideas, post them here, and bump this thread if you post a question and give the link for others to view so we can discuss and fine-tune. Also, the more times they receive the same question, the more likely they will be to actually broadcast it come debate night.

We supposedly dominate the internet. We need to prove it on September 17th."

walt
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Good idea. Let's live in the present though with his visit to Google this week.

We need to make sure this gets taped and distributed.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6467

DavyDuke17
07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
If there really lacking good quality questions, why not also make up some questions for the opposition? It would be a good way to show how bad the other candidates are by actually asking them some tough questions. You know they aren't going to ask RP more questions than Rudy or Romney regardless if he has 10X the questions for him.

Ask Rudy about whether he believes our sanctions on Iraq that killed a million Iraqi children does anything to create hatred and extremism, and what about our current war in Iraq. Or maybe ask any one of them what they think about the federal reserve.. they will look stupid.

mport1
07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes, just as important as giving Ron softballs is nailing the other guys. They are also doing this for the Democrats now so feel free to do one for them.

Exponent
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Just a thought: Asking Ron Paul some tough questions (though I have confidence he can answer them well regardless) would be good, though, because I get the impression that more people are impressed when candidates pull through really well when presented with what the audience would view as a really difficult question, than when they get easy questions. Not necessarily outright attacks that do harm to his image just by existing (such as claiming he's fringe, doesn't belong in the Republican party, and so forth), but still make it come across as though you're not just giving him an opportunity to look good.