PDA

View Full Version : The Fred Thompson Buzz...

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone else wondering why people are so pumped up about Fred?

I think it has more to do with people's dissatisfaction with the current Republican field. Once they learn that he is no different that Rudy or Romney, it will fade. I remember Wesley Clark had a HUGE buzz around him before he declared...then he ended up not doing well.

njandrewg
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
its because of law and order, people who support him only saw him talk on Law & Order, once he declares and participates in debates, he'll tumble down in ratings worse than McCain

lynnf
07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
its because of law and order, people who support him only saw him talk on Law & Order, once he declares and participates in debates, he'll tumble down in ratings worse than McCain

Which may be why he's delaying his announcement -- he gets to skip the debates!

lynn

Bradley in DC
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM

worse than McCain? That's a pretty high standard to beat!

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I also suspect that people do not really know anything about him. Plus the media are pushing him like theyre Big Tobacco and the American people are 13 year olds

WannaBfree
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone else wondering why people are so pumped up about Fred?

Key Bush backers rally to Fred Thompson
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4309.html

(shouldn't threads like these be in 'general politics and other'?)

beermotor
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I read somewhere that he isn't going to announce. I think after the drubbing McCain's taken, and when they see Rudy start to fade, he may decide to sit it out. Could provide an opening for Newt, but I guess he is about as doomed as the rest of them. Tancredo may end up being the only real competition, if Fred doesn't jump in. Honestly, I'm not sure he has what it takes. He has a lot of name recognition, but he's mostly thought of positively because he hasn't expressed any views on anything other than being happy Libby got pardoned (unpopular) and war on iran is good (also unpopular).

jaybone
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
as Fred Fintstone,
But boy do Amercans love TV stars!

If he were to participate in the debates he would be destroyed.
My boss just asked me "who the hell is Ron Paul?" because he saw my bumper sticker. I said "he's my guy, the only candidate from either party that will end Iraq without bankrupting the country with big government welfare programs."

He is a lifelong republican and is supporting Freddy, I asked him why and to his great embarrasment he really did not know.
Fred has a likeability because he speaks like the "common man", but he has NO positions on ANYTHING.
He is nothing more than a distraction,
and sadly will probably win.....