PDA

View Full Version : Tim Russert will only interview "Major Candidates" in "Meet the Candidates" series

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Tim Russert said on "Meet the Press" this morning that he will be interviewing only "major" candidates in his "Meet the Candidates" series. Email and let him know that you consider Ron Paul a major candidate and that all candidates should be interviewed in the interest of fairness.

Please send him an email here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6872152/

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Something you might want to base your letter off of. Do not just send him duplicates of this. Send him an email in your own words. Just a few ideas...

Hello!

I heard from a friend that watched your show this morning that you would be interviewing all the major presidential candidates. I will not miss it!

We can't wait to hear your interview with Dr. Ron Paul. You will be covering him, correct? He has a HUGE following that is growing fast! You would have everyone talking about your interview with him. I also know that the internet would be on fire about your show. I highly recommend that you do not look over him. Just look at how your online poll went. He was voted by far the best candidate in your own poll.

Again, I look forward to your interviews. Myself and hundreds of thousands of others will be disappointed if MSNBC chooses to leave Dr. Ron Paul out. It would be a mistake.

dwdollar
05-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I am getting a Runtime Error when I try to send a comment. I'll try again later.

zMtLlC
05-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I sent him an email, but I doubt he would leave Dr. Paul out, considering he interviewed Biden who is polling less than Dr. Paul is. However, Biden does have more money. I would keep sending emails everyone!

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't put it past MSNBC after seeing how the media as a whole has treated him.

Here's MSNBC leaving him out even after beating everyone else in the online poll.

http://www.stateofbrain.com/images/msnbc1thumb.jpg (http://www.stateofbrain.com/images/rpmsnbc1.gif)

I know that they received a large amount of emails and phone calls because of it. They have since added him to that list, but they left him off for a good 4 or 5 days after the debate.

dwdollar
05-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Done!

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I sent this message:

There are many of us who'd love to see you interview Ron Paul. Dr. Paul's support is phenomenon on the 'net, and though that may not have translated YET to the limited landline polling, we expect it to spill over within a short time. You have to admit, he adds a very different point of view to the otherwise bland GOP landscape.

mesler
05-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Tim Russert said on "Meet the Press" this morning that he will be interviewing only "major" candidates in his "Meet the Candidates" series. Email and let him know that you consider Ron Paul a major candidate and that all candidates should be interviewed in the interest of fairness.

Please send him an email here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6872152/

Done:

Mr. Russert,

I'm writing this to request that you interview my 2008 presidential candidate pick, Congressman Ron Paul, in your upcoming interview series. Like most of the non-front running candidates, he is relatively unknown and is therefore polling low which may make him seem like a "minor" candidate. It makes no sense that the media perpetuate this paradox, as the media's role is to inform.

Thanks so much!

Brandybuck
05-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Dear Mr. Russert.

I heard that you are only going to interview "major" candidates. I think that Congressman Ron Paul is a major candidate for two reasons. First, he has the largest online internet support of any candidate, and won all online polls after the first Republican debate. Second, his message is major. He is not like the other candidates, and is not repeating what they are saying. This is newsworthy and informative.

Ron Paul is worthy of media attention, because he is not just another candidate with a slightly different shade of opinion.

Thank you.

hlcno
05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I emailed them.. see how it goes.

jimmyjamsslo
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
quoted below:

Dear Mr. Russert, You said that you would only be interviewing major presidential candidates: Ron Paul counts as one! I am a liberal democrat who has re-registered republican so that I can vote for him in the primaries. He is the first candidate that I have been excited about, ever!! Sincerely, Jim Theobald

vertesc
05-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I figured it was best to write already ASSUMING that Ron Paul was a major candidate:

"I understand that you will be interviewing the major Republican candidates on your show. Could you please ask Ron Paul about some of the OTHER issues in this election? We know that he agrees with the 9/11 Commission about US foreign policy. But what is his stance on the PATRIOT act? Or the REAL ID act? What is his domestic policy? At the second debate, he mentioned cutting back on or eliminating entirely the office of HomeSec. That's a big statement to make; I'd like to learn more."

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 01:24 AM
email sent.

jae1227
05-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Now Tim has interviewed Joe Bidden and this morning he interviewed Bill Richardson. Both are not in the top tier. So major candidates does not mean just the first tier. If Tim looks at those MSNBC online votes he will see that many people love what Paul is saying.

MsDoodahs
05-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I'll send an email now - and I like the idea of asking Tim to get into some of Ron's other issues (like the RealID and NAIS) instead of asking him to do the interview.

Thanks for that idea, vertesc! :)

brent022
05-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Sent!

slantedview
05-27-2007, 09:52 PM
E-mailed. This is a big one, everyone should get on it.

joshdvm
05-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Got mine in...:

Mr. Russert,

I am looking forward to your interview with Congressman Ron Paul in your "Meet the Candidates" series.

Despite his tendency to be overlooked by the mainstream media (until quite recently, that is), I'm sure you are aware that Congressman Paul has a long-standing track record within the mainstream political establishment.

Moreover, Congressman Paul brings a fresh, unique, and eminently newsworthy viewpoint to the current election season's otherwise admittedly bland arena of ideas.

I am pleased that MSNBC will strive for high standards of impartial and responsible
journalism, and, again, I greatly look forward to your interview with Congressman Ron Paul.

Phunbaba
05-29-2007, 11:19 AM
E-mailed him. Tim Russert can be a respectable guy alot of the time. I think he will do the right thing and include Ron Paul in his special.