PDA

View Full Version : It's official Ron Paul invited to speak to Google Employees

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Well this certainly is some great news...

Ron Paul Goes to Google
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex) is preparing for his trip to Google on July 13. Today, at the end of a website message, Ron Paul once again mentions the visit, which will feature two rallies.

=====

A local TV station just called, wanting to follow up on the Sunday ABC interview. Their stated reason: "Your campaign is really picking up steam!"

Darn right, thanks to you and so many others. Of course, some in the media want to see this campaign lose steam. But they’re not going to get their way.

I know that every day: for example, whenever I attend one of our big, enthusiastic meetup groups.

As I look around, I always think: how lucky I am to be part of such a movement. And how many young people care deeply about our ideas.

A friend of mine used to wonder what would become of our movement when all the older members of it passed on. Now, he says, there is no doubt that we are sowing the seeds of an even more vibrant and principled freedom movement. The future can be bright indeed.

At a rally in Nevada the other day, I asked a husband and wife how they had gotten interested in this campaign. "Though our 13-year-old son," they told me.

Remember the complaints that kids were addicted to TV and video games, and ignored the world around them? There are plenty who don't fit that bill. And the tool in their hands and ours is the internet. With it, we can circumvent the biased media.

Later this week I go to Google—perhaps the nerve center of the internet—at the company's invitation, to talk to all their employees. Brilliant young techies are part of our constituency, and I am looking forward to that visit. There are two rallies too.

UtahApocalypse
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
This has been known for at least 2 weeks

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Hopefully we'll win over some Googlers!

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
This has been known for at least 2 weeks

My apologies for the re-post.... its a Google headline put up today.

Noodles
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
There are people who are new to this board. There are also people that have lives outside of this board. Is it necessary to be rude when pointing out that this is an "old" topic? In fact, why bother with a reply at all? Can't you just overlook the post and move on? I mean, we try to attract new people to the forum every day, then we turn around and bash them in the head with a frying pan when they post something that was already posted.

Sorry, not singling you out Utah, just saying....

angelatc
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I've lost a lot of respect for Free Market News after the exageration of donations for Q2. Are they to blame or is the campaign to blame for that? I just think it was unneccesary to report blatantly higher #'s. We did damn well with 2.4!

I agree and I absolutely blame them. I had a bad feeling when I read it, just because it used anonymous sources exclusively. I do not even click on their stories since that happened.

TheEvilDetector
07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe google will put a link to www.ronpaul2008.com under the search bar.

That will be good :)

walt
07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6467

TexMac
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
There are people who are new to this board. There are also people that have lives outside of this board. Is it necessary to be rude when pointing out that this is an "old" topic? In fact, why bother with a reply at all? Can't you just overlook the post and move on? I mean, we try to attract new people to the forum every day, then we turn around and bash them in the head with a frying pan when they post something that was already posted.

Sorry, not singling you out Utah, just saying....

Agree and we need to promote the rallies around the Google event!

The Ron Paul Victory Rally (http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005236246-7)

Come Hear Presidential Candidate Ron Paul (http://ronpaulrally.com/)
Saturday, July 14th at 10:00am
Charleston Park
1665 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94043

Come see Congressman Ron Paul speak at a rally of his Bay Area supporters! Dr. Paul will share his message of freedom, peace and prosperity at Charleston Park, right next door to Google headquarters and near Shoreline Park. The rally will start at 9:30am, and run till the early afternoon. Speakers will begin at 10:00am. Be sure to bring a lawn chair, shady hat, and plenty of water so you can enjoy the Congressman and the lovely California sun.

New people are coming through every day who may not know about them.