PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Threat to Paul's Campaign

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Ignore this at your own peril:

I left this newsgroup a bit ago due to anti-semitic stuff, but I feel compelled to return because I believe in the campaign and I know that we can kick ass.

That being said. The biggest threat to Paul's campaign is John McCain, and we should be gearing up for it.

Get your guns out, do your research. I used to support him, he is their biggest weapon at this point. All others will easily fall due to corruption and scandals, he will be tough, especially against the pro-war crowd. We need to focus on him, the rest will essentially self-destruct.

Still watch Romney though, cant let him slip.

Here's one hint: McCain has a terrible 2nd right's record.

LibertyEagle
12-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks Amy. Any other suggestions? I know about McCain-Feingold.

The Keating 5.

jeff_from_VA
12-25-2007, 12:15 AM
The biggest threat to Ron Paul, are immature Ron Paul supporters. I am not saying all supporters are immature, but there are many tearing down the image every day, all while trying to help.

ChristopherBearkat
12-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I agree, McCain is popular with Independents...the question is, if he does well enough in Iowa, will he have enough funds to continue?

michaelwise
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
McCain killed himself. He is no longer an issue.

kushaze
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks Amy. Any other suggestions? I know about McCain-Feingold.

What was the name of that scandal, some time back. It had a name like "blop" 5. Fill in the blop. lol. :)

Was it Keating 5? I never understood how John Glenn and John McCain remained career politicians after that scandal.

rpfreedom08
12-25-2007, 12:20 AM
The biggest threat to Ron Paul, are immature Ron Paul supporters. I am not saying all supporters are immature, but there are many tearing down the image every day, all while trying to help.

can people please stop dogging on Ron Paul supporters? They have got him this far so you have no room to talk. You have all of 60 posts witch means you could be a troll used to divide the grassroots base. Please stop now.

fuzzybekool
12-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Amy, does McCain even have money to continue ? I heard he is in the red.

LibertyEagle
Was it Keating 5? I never understood how John Glenn and John McCain remained career politicians after that scandal.

Yeah, it was the keating 5.

JohnnyWrath
McCains stand on amnesty is what will hurt him badly, and it is a top issue with republicans.

Micahyah
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
The bad news is that noone is attacking McCain yet. Hopefully Romney should start atacking him.

Paul can focus on a positive message while other candidates attack each other, like Romney vs. Huckabee in Iowa.

pacelli
12-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey Amy, welcome back to the board, glad to see you here once again! Hope all that stuff stays left behind :)

I agree that McCain is going to be a threat, there was some serious anger behind his comment about Hitler at the debates toward Dr. Paul. We do need to keep an eye out here. His recent teaming with Lieberman is probably designed to try to pull undecideds as well as those disgusted with their party over to the other side. This is a big part of our movement, they will ultimately fail (i.e. run out of money).

Huckabee's recent stances on foreign policy ('advised' by CFR President Haass) as well as his 'aw shucks' pile-on-the-faith presentation will appeal to neoconservatives.

We need to crank up the grassroots on the street, because we've got Iowa in less than 2 weeks now, and the next debate is January 5 from NH.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:28 AM

Understand it or not, McCain will remain popular. There is not a depp sentiment behind it aside from the fact that he is pro-war, acceptable and not involved in a deep scandal.

In fact, I voted for him during the last Republican go-around. But I think that soon he may be seen as the best pro-war candidate going.

So I think we should be prepared.

He has a lot of strikes against him, we just need to clarify it. The rest of the candidates will self-destruct because of their actions and I'm not so worried about them. They're all essentially liberals. John McCain is now a neo-con and will have serious support from the powers that be, the rest of them are pretty easy.

I'm just saying to be prepared, I think he'll be the last Republican standing vs. Ron Paul. He has a lot of strikes against him, but we need to know what we're up against. They're both Vets. bit RP wasn't a POW.

It will get down to some details.

Mark37snj
12-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I said in a previous poll that McCain is our biggest threat. Thats why the MSM is NOW pumping him up. His Amnesty views will guarentee he wont get the nomination. But McCain does not need to win the nomination to hurt us. Its about momentum and status. If he hurts us badly in NH then thats all the damage that needs to be done. They know this, thats why they are now pushing him like they did Huckabee.

Cyclone177
12-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I think Mcain is THE challenge. He seems to have righted the ship with the amnesty issue. Have you heard him repeat the "I got the message, I got the message" line? I think he is the Manchurian Candidate.

He has now moved away from amnesty, and toward securing the border first, and THEN give the amnesty.

I thought for sure the lobbying scandal would break him last week. But to his credit, he hired some top dog lawyer to cajole the DC papers to not run the story.

rpfreedom08
12-25-2007, 12:31 AM
prepare for a fox news onslaught if it's going to be these two against each other. A great thing to do would be to show as many people this movie as possible!

Outfoxed.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428

hrdman2luv
12-25-2007, 12:37 AM
McCains stand on amnesty is what will hurt him badly, and it is a top issue with republicans.

Exactly. People know he helped author the Immigration Bill that failed. People, especailly those who are strongly against amnesty, will remember that. Which is why he isn't doing anything right now. I think our biggest worry, like another poster said, is the inmature Ron Paul supporters.
People need to know the facts about Ron Paul. Saying he is going to get rid of Social Security is completely false. Saying he is going to get rid of Medicare/medicaid is also false.

learn the facts.........And keep an eye on Huckleberry. Time is short, and Huckleberry doesn't have time to fall to low aproval polls. He is on top and is going to stay there.
Push his tax record, and his record of illega college tuition. Don't slander his religion.
Ron Paul has two brothers that are pastors. IF Ron needs to use those, he will.

JohnnyWrath
12-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I doubt we can sway many McCain voters, he is known as the biggest war monger running, so these people are not going to go to Ron. His stand on amnesty etc hurts him, but his votes will just go to another pro-war candidate. Best we can hope is the others stay close with even numbers so no one single neo-con gets all the vote.

Micahyah
12-25-2007, 12:38 AM
I spoke too soon.

Mitt Romney is attacking McCain now, which is great news?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071224/ap_on_el_pr/romney;_ylt=AkRNbIwQDLnLP1oBg6gqRAus0NUE

Romney lashes out at McCain in N.H.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey Amy, welcome back to the board, glad to see you here once again! Hope all that stuff stays left behind :)

I agree that McCain is going to be a threat, there was some serious anger behind his comment about Hitler at the debates toward Dr. Paul. We do need to keep an eye out here. His recent teaming with Lieberman is probably designed to try to pull undecideds as well as those disgusted with their party over to the other side. This is a big part of our movement, they will ultimately fail (i.e. run out of money).

Huckabee's recent stances on foreign policy ('advised' by CFR President Haass) as well as his 'aw shucks' pile-on-the-faith presentation will appeal to neoconservatives.

We need to crank up the grassroots on the street, because we've got Iowa in less than 2 weeks now, and the next debate is January 5 from NH.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm reluctantly and enthusiastically back.

Lieberman, accccch. I can't stand that guy and don't think anyone should take him seriously, he's duplicitous, foolish, misleading...I can't say enough bad about him.

If he endorses someone, you know it's for all the wrong reasons, just look at his stances. It's not for us, it's for corporations. I supported McCain in the last election, and Lieberman's endorsement is enough for me to know that I was wrong.

Lieberman strikes me as someone who's desperate to get a piece of the pie. He sees this going on all around him and wonders "why am I not in this?"

No principles. He is out, in my book. Out for good.

Once a con, always a con. That is Lieberman. I long for the days that McCain was a Maverick. Those days are no longer. The only Maverick is Ron Paul. The rest of them are all the same, sad to say. Since I can finally vote my conscience, the only choice is, of course, Ron Paul.

trey4sports
12-25-2007, 12:44 AM
the biggest threat to the campaign is the campaign itself. we the people KNOW this message resonates with more than half of all americans so there is NO excuse for a loss

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree, McCain is popular with Independents...the question is, if he does well enough in Iowa, will he have enough funds to continue?

I hope not, but haven't you noticed he's been built up?

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:46 AM

I agree. To the point that there are some immature supporters who just yell at others rather than debate thoughtfully.

trey4sports
12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
mccain is junk. most indies are anti-irag war. i think all the old school pro-war indies have moved to the neo-con party

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:48 AM

The powers that be, have a lot of power, that's obvious. With governments like we have, things will never be researched thoroughly.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:50 AM
can people please stop dogging on Ron Paul supporters? They have got him this far so you have no room to talk. You have all of 60 posts witch means you could be a troll used to divide the grassroots base. Please stop now.

Hey now, all Ron Paul supporters are at least +1 from the get-go.

Love you guys.

xoxoxox

pacelli
12-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I'm reluctantly and enthusiastically back.

Lieberman, accccch. I can't stand that guy and don't think anyone should take him seriously, he's duplicitous, foolish, misleading...I can't say enough bad about him.

If he endorses someone, you know it's for all the wrong reasons, just look at his stances. It's not for us, it's for corporations. I supported McCain in the last election, and Lieberman's endorsement is enough for me to know that I was wrong.

Lieberman strikes me as someone who's desperate to get a piece of the pie. He sees this going on all around him and wonders "why am I not in this?"

No principles. He is out, in my book. Out for good.

Once a con, always a con. That is Lieberman. I long for the days that McCain was a Maverick. Those days are no longer. The only Maverick is Ron Paul. The rest of them are all the same, sad to say. Since I can finally vote my conscience, the only choice is, of course, Ron Paul.

Yes, I completely agree about Lieberman. He is a snake and a professional pandering politician. He certainly enjoys fried twinkies, from what I've seen on his last campaign run. ;) Hopefully one day, Lieberman will be a host in a famous restaurant where he can kiss arse of all the important people, all night long. Lieberman is probably telling himself, "I've got to get into this sometime". Gang of 13, anyone?

Just looking at the way that McCain has treated Ron Paul was enough to turn me off. Simply disgraceful.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 12:54 AM

I hope that's the case, because looking at the scandals, etc-he's the only one that has a chance aside from RP. I'll admit that I used to back McCain and have a bit of a bias, so take that as you will.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Yes, I completely agree about Lieberman. He is a snake and a professional pandering politician. He certainly enjoys fried twinkies, from what I've seen on his last campaign run. ;) Hopefully one day, Lieberman will be a host in a famous restaurant where he can kiss arse of all the important people, all night long. Lieberman is probably telling himself, "I've got to get into this sometime". Gang of 13, anyone?

Just looking at the way that McCain has treated Ron Paul was enough to turn me off. Simply disgraceful.

He is like the Woody Allen of politics, he puts on a good face, but behind the scenes he is fucking your adopted daughter, that he has been a father to. Figuratively, of course.

Harsh words, I know, but he deserves them. He is disgusting and a turncoat.

anotherone
12-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I agree with Amy's sentiment completely. Won't say any more.

My feeling, is that the primaries will come down to Romney, McCain and Paul.

pacelli
12-25-2007, 01:07 AM
He is like the Woody Allen of politics, he puts on a good face, but behind the scenes he is fucking your adopted daughter, that he has been a father to. Figuratively, of course.

Harsh words, I know, but he deserves them. He is disgusting and a turncoat.

I love those words, that is a perfect description of his character.

pacelli
12-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I agree with Amy's sentiment completely. Won't say any more.

My feeling, is that the primaries will come down to Romney, McCain and Paul.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think will remove Huckabee from the equation?

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:08 AM
the biggest threat to the campaign is the campaign itself. we the people KNOW this message resonates with more than half of all americans so there is NO excuse for a loss

I agree. Many of us are rabid, rampant and will turn many people off. Which is why I generally let loose on you guys about all the bottled up things and never do on potential supporters :)

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:11 AM

Not from supporters. He may have it from the other powers that be,

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:14 AM
I said in a previous poll that McCain is our biggest threat. Thats why the MSM is NOW pumping him up. His Amnesty views will guarentee he wont get the nomination. But McCain does not need to win the nomination to hurt us. Its about momentum and status. If he hurts us badly in NH then thats all the damage that needs to be done. They know this, thats why they are now pushing him like they did Huckabee.

Agreed.

JGalt
12-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, what do you think will remove Huckabee from the equation?

I think his "razor blade and a tub of water" remark might be his howard dean scream-type moment, especially if Russert brings it up on Meet the Press.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:25 AM

His own issues, such as his tax hikes, liberalism, using religion, lack of foreign policy knowledge, and economic policy.

amy31416
12-25-2007, 01:38 AM

His own scandals. That's about it. He's a terrible person when you take a critical look at him.

all J's in IL for RP
12-25-2007, 01:55 AM
The thing about newly gained support is that it take some time to fade away. Huckabee is going to be a factor at least until Feb 5th.

noztnac
12-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Ignore this at your own peril:

I left this newsgroup a bit ago due to anti-semitic stuff, but I feel compelled to return because I believe in the campaign and I know that we can kick ass.

That being said. The biggest threat to Paul's campaign is John McCain, and we should be gearing up for it.

Get your guns out, do your research. I used to support him, he is their biggest weapon at this point. All others will easily fall due to corruption and scandals, he will be tough, especially against the pro-war crowd. We need to focus on him, the rest will essentially self-destruct.

Still watch Romney though, cant let him slip.

Here's one hint: McCain has a terrible 2nd right's record.

He's not so good on immigration either and he rarely shows up to vote.

AtomiC
12-25-2007, 01:58 AM
The biggest threat to the campaign by far is election fraud.

With all the work that everyone is doing to get Ron Paul elected, what good does it do if all the votes for Ron Paul don't even matter?

filmmaker58
12-25-2007, 02:00 AM
All of this fretting over other candidates is pointless. The only strategy we need is to get the word out to the dissatisfied American that there is for once a candidate. Once they learn about Ron Paul, a good portion of them become not only supporters, but fanatics (like me). I also agree about election fraud. If Ron Paul doesn't do 1st or 2nd in Iowa, something fishy is up. Barring that, whichever of these morons the National Republican party decides to keep on will be destroyed by our growing movement. At this point the only thing that can beat us is lack of education and strategy at the caucuses, and complacency after RP wins a couple of states.

Harry96
12-25-2007, 02:03 AM
My prediction is no one else besides Romney has the money to last past the first few states -- and Romney's situation is only due to his immense personal wealth. If Paul can win Iowa and NH (not saying he will, just saying if he does), I think he'll knock almost everyone else out of the race.

rich34
12-25-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm sorry, but I disagree totally with this post. McCain is in it for New Hampshire and that's IT! The "powers that be" are only pushing McCain right now to stop Paul from slaughtering everyone in New Hampshire. If McCain does not win New Hampshire he's DONE. Stick a fork in him and move on! Romney is now starting to attack him and remind the voters of his dubious ways.

This strategy to use McCain to try and steal independents away from Paul combined with the fact that they're also using Obama to try and steal independents away from Dr. Paul is just all the more proof this is their strategy to supress Paul NOT to give broke McCain the nomination.

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 02:39 AM
This strategy to use McCain to try and steal independents away from Paul combined with the fact that they're also using Obama to try and steal independents away from Dr. Paul

What are these 2 strategies regarding McCain and Obama?

rich34
12-25-2007, 03:27 AM
What are these 2 strategies regarding McCain and Obama?

They're using Obama to appeal to independents in NH to possibly take votes away from Dr. Paul. According to the "poll's" the race is a dead heat, thus convincing the voter that "hey my vote will count" if I vote for Obama. The polls started "tightening" about 2 weeks ago.

And on the republican side, "WOW John McCain gets the edorsement from the Boston Globe and fellow independent Liberman." The elite is using both democrats and republicans to try and sighon votes away from Dr. Paul in New Hampshire because it's an open primary. They know if Paul wins New Hampshire then all HELL is going to break loose because the people will no longer listen to the "he can't win" talk. I'm not meaning that them two are working together I'm meaning that the elite is using these two to try and keep Paul from winning New Hampshire.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-25-2007, 03:54 AM
nt