PDA

View Full Version : Team Blimp makes the calls (Please Read)

bucfish
12-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I am sure the Blimp Team appreciates everybody's ideas. And I know they do. If you get some info forward it to them and DO NOT take it upon yourself to do their work but all ideas are welcome and considered. Grassroots Organizations can generate a multitude of ideas but we need to get those ideas to those in charge and then let them make a plan. If you have a new Plan then get with them on it. I am sure they would be appreciative for anyones input. But trust in them and have faith that they will do what is best. Remember they ARE THE BLIMP TEAM and it makes them look bad to have other people call prior to them going and trying to run a business in a professional way. (on this I am talking about a few individuals that called the FAA on their behalf to try to achieve flyover clearence) Which that is simply unprofessional and not for anybody to do on their behalf. They have a NEW DIRECTION for the Blimp and I ensure you it is a very sound business model for accomplishing their goal of spreading the word of RON PAUL

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!

Please bump this for a bit so others can read it

faisal
12-25-2007, 01:59 AM
after researching what "bump" means: bump

LibertyEagle
12-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Hhmmm... As far as your comment goes, "Team Blimp makes the calls".... TEAM CUSTOMER pays the bills and would like their questions answered, or Team Blimp is going to be making calls, without a blimp. ;)

bucfish
12-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Trust me they have been working hard on a new direction and plan for the blimp. It is impossible to know all that they have been up against but I assure everyone that the business plan is sound and maximum exposure of the blimp and good weather are at the core of this plan. they are working on getting the schedule kinks worked out and anyone can view their tentative schedule on the blimpblog on ronpaulblimp.com

Please keep this thread bumped and I will respond to concerns anyone may have

Bump For The Blimp team.

walt
12-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Trust me they have been working hard on a new direction and plan for the blimp. It is impossible to know all that they have been up against but I assure everyone that the business plan is sound and maximum exposure of the blimp and good weather are at the core of this plan. they are working on getting the schedule kinks worked out and anyone can view their tentative schedule on the blimpblog on ronpaulblimp.com

Bump For The Blimp team.

I would like to suggest you are not in a position to make statements.

After the last two weeks of blunders, we all want to see actions not words.

bucfish
12-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I assure you that you will. We are going Bowling Capital One Bowl with Outback as backup. Also The Bucs Playoff Game versus the NY Giants(most likely anyways the NY Giants)

LibertyEagle
12-25-2007, 08:21 AM

Ok, please go here and answer these questions.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64465

constituent
12-25-2007, 08:41 AM
It is impossible to know all that they have been up against

no it's not... they've primarily been working against themselves...

oh yea, and +1000 for libertyeagle's initial post in this thread... we don't
get along so great, but she was spot on.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
bump

babaluto
12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Anyone know if it took off today? If so, can I track it?

francisco
12-26-2007, 11:52 AM
... It is impossible to know all that they have been up against...

Only because they won't tell us.

Trust me they have been working hard on a new direction and plan for the blimp... I assure everyone that the business plan is sound...

You ask me to trust you but I don't know who you are, or how you know what the business plan is. Please give me some background so I can make a rational judgment.

I used to be an ardent supporter of the Blimp but my view is rapidly souring. Surely this is the case with others as well. It is inconceivable to me how the organizers can fail to understand and respond to the customers' need to know what the particular problems are in order to keep the underlying financial support in place.

Apart from the key issues around legal problems and business structure, they won't even let us know what is going on with routine logistical issues. Trevor posted a puff piece on the blog yesterday (Christmas Day, 12/25) but has failed to tell us whether the Blimp was able to move into the hanger for the bungee repairs on the afternoon of 12/24, or since. Pathetic.

pacelli
12-26-2007, 12:06 PM

Bump For The Blimp team.

Are you a volunteer or employee of the blimp team?

wxflyguy
12-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyone know if it took off today? If so, can I track it?

Blimp more than likely won't take off today because the winds are too strong at Elizabeth City...look for it to be on its way tomorrow.

francisco
12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Blimp more than likely won't take off today because the winds are too strong at Elizabeth City...look for it to be on its way tomorrow.

Wx, I know you are merely reporting the facts of wind conditions. The following question is directed to the blimp team:

Did the operator get the Blimp into the hanger on 12/24 afternoon as hoped to perform the critical bungee repair and inspection that is required before further flight? No word on the blog about this simple logistical question, even though an unrelated puff piece appeared on the blog the following day. Moving in and out of the hanger itself requires low wind conditions.

francisco
12-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Bump For The Blimp team.

bucfish,

You keep asking for trust without giving any concrete reasons, including in our private message exchange. You failed to answer my simple direct questions (why should we trust you or rely on your assertion that the business plan is sound) with anything except a repeated appeal to trust you.

If you are part of the blimp team I will tell you straightforwardly that most Ron Paul supporters are very reason oriented and actively resist appeals on faith alone for sheep-like behavior. I love the Blimp concept but the organizers' Soviet-style suppression of information is really turning me off and the recent fundraising results show that this is not an isolated reaction. If the leaders cannot see this they are simply closing their eyes to reality.

Please publicly post the concrete reasons I am asking for. You said "I will respond to concerns anyone may have' and I am asking you to publicly do so
using specifics. Any failure to do so further weakens your credibility.

If you can't give forum participants CONCRETE reasons to trust you, or to rely on your assertions of the soundness of the business plan, please stop posting. Repeated appeals for continued faith in the leaders do nothing to advance the discussion.

pacelli
12-26-2007, 02:59 PM
bucfish,

You keep asking for trust without giving any concrete reasons, including in our private message exchange. You failed to answer my simple direct questions (why should we trust you or rely on your assertion that the business plan is sound) with anything except a repeated appeal to trust you.

If you are part of the blimp team I will tell you straightforwardly that most Ron Paul supporters are very reason oriented and actively resist appeals on faith alone for sheep-like behavior. I love the Blimp concept but the organizers' Soviet-style suppression of information is really turning me off and the recent fundraising results show that this is not an isolated reaction. If the leaders cannot see this they are simply closing their eyes to reality.

Please publicly post the concrete reasons I am asking for. You said "I will respond to concerns anyone may have' and I am asking you to publicly do so
using specifics. Any failure to do so further weakens your credibility.

If you can't give forum participants CONCRETE reasons to trust you, or to rely on your assertions of the soundness of the business plan, please stop posting. Repeated appeals for continued faith in the leaders do nothing to advance the discussion.

QFT.

By the way, rally behind the blimp. Today is a big day in the planning phase, they need to replace the flag.

bucfish
12-26-2007, 03:17 PM
We are working diligently to get the blimp in A new direction. Please go to the blimpblog and see the tentative schedule. Soon the Blimp team will be releasing more news. And I am just a volunteer for the team I cannot tell you everything just as to what I have been told. You can PM me for any questions. You may have.

francisco
12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
We are working diligently to get the blimp in A new direction...

Another assurance without any supporting evidence whatsoever.

... Please go to the blimpblog and see the tentative schedule...

I have. It looks just like yesterday's, with everything 1 day later, without any explanation for the delay.

Conspicuous absence of any disclosure if the Blimp is in the hangar for the repairs it needs before flight and meeting the posted schedule. This is important considering that it must go into the hangar for repairs and movement in or out is weather dependent.

The Blimp leadership is not responsible for the weather, but it is responsible for keeping the constituency truthfully informed about the project status.

... And I am just a volunteer for the team I cannot tell you everything just as to what I have been told. You can PM me for any questions. You may have.

So now we know our trust in you is only supported by your trust in the organizers. Whew! now I'm reassured.

...You can PM me for any questions. You may have.

No need. You know what the questions are, you either don't know the answers or are refusing to state them.

As far as trust in an assertion goes, you can trust me when I say that the Blimp is going to receive very little additional financial support until the organizers make full disclosure. At this point they better include an abject apology as well to the past sponsors.

Don't bother to reply, I finally have gotten it into my thick skull that you have no intention of saying anything substantive.

OptionsTrader
12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Team blimp? lol.

Thunderbolt
12-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Without making this post impossibly long, I would like to reiterate everything that Francisco has stated. I too once made donations to the blimp. I thought it was a wonderful project. I have been holding off lately even though I know they really need the money because I have been waiting for answers and other things.

Bucfish, you may just be a volunteer but the harm you have done in this particular thread is only equal to Mckarnin's non responsive vacuous post and thread. In other words, I now no longer have any faith at all in the blimp team, the blimp project or anything connected with the blimp.

You have lost me forever here. Anyone who says trust me I will answer all your questions and then responds again with trust me as a response deserves no trust whatsoever.

Francisco said it best: we are a bunch of thinking individuals here. We do not fall for sheep like calls or herding techniques. The constant changing of the website, the lack of answers, the promises to respond that go not only unheeded but they don't even bother to come on and explain why they have decided to break a promise and not give an answer. Nor do they even bother to apologize for this behavior.

Until they come on here, apologize deeply, and re-work their website so that donations are legal again (I cannot see any way possible for donations to be legal right now under the current donation scheme they have set up on their website. I dare anyone to respond to that little issue), you can forget getting another penny from me or any of the hundreds of people I sent this way to support this project.

LibertyEagle is right, we are TEAM CUSTOMER. And team customer just left the hangar!