PDA

View Full Version : *** Louisiana delegates in desperate need of donations!! ***

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 10:23 PM
This was posted by jenninlouisiana:

Louisiana district 2 was *wiped* out by Katrina and the 7 delegates *can't* afford their delegate fees. The campaign said, "We can't promise anything". One delegate is elderly, blind and poor. This is *serious*. These are people living in FEMA trailers.

I think Ed put up the chip in here and all he got was responses criticizing the chip in.
The delegate applications and fees are due back January 10th.

Dr. Paul CANNOT win Louisiana without New Orleans.
This is SERIOUS and LEGITIMATE.
What do you want more?
A Blimp.
or
Ron Paul as President?
his e-mail is edward19@cox.net if you have any questions.

Found the chip in for this project: http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron-paul-delegates-fees

Also, an article in Daily Paul. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/16258

literatim
12-24-2007, 10:25 PM
There is a separate sub-forum for Lousiana.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Ron LOL
12-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Delegate crises are IMO worthy of being posted to Grassroots Central because they need high visibility to ensure speedy resolution.

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Its sad we can't get the money we need for delegates. We can easily win Louisiana... some people on this forum are as dumb as a brick. Sad truth.

We wouldn't be asking for the money if we didn't need it.

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Here is the chipin:
http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron-paul-delegates-fees

It's at $750, we need a total of $1500 for district 2.

literatim
12-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Its sad we can't get the money we need for delegates. We can easily win Louisiana... some people on this forum are as dumb as a brick. Sad truth.

There is no sad truth here when they didn't post a chipin.

fortilite
12-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Didn't realize this was an issue, threw in $50. I agree with Literatim.

rory096
12-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Huh? It's right here: http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron-paul-delegates-fees

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 10:42 PM

We posted it yesterday.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63079
In that thread, is a sad truth.

We needed $70 dollars for district 5 and I got nothing but grief from people... which makes no sense... what-so-ever.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Moving this thread from the front page is the worst thing anyone can do. Without delegates we don't have a campaign, a candidate, anything at all. We have a man a lot of people are giving a lot of money to who cannot run for President because he cannot win without delegates.

Just because you win a state doesn't mean you automatically get the delegates that would be awarded to you. It is not like the electoral college.

For example, let's say Ron Paul wins State A. State A gives the winner a total of 62 delegates. But, if the candidate didn't raise that many delegates and only brought in 14 of them, then winning State A will only get the candidate 14 delegates.

Does that make sense?

We have to get these delegates so that in case Ron Paul wins he has someone who can go to the RNC and vote for him. They are essential to winning. He could have every vote in the country, but without enough delegates he would lose. Same thing with being on ballots. He can have every human in the state supporting him but unless he is on the ballot they cannot vote for him.

These issues are critical. They take precedence over everything! I know it is Christmas, but what a present it would make to them and to all of us. We need them as much as they need us.

jeff_from_VA
12-24-2007, 10:46 PM

No Shit!!!

I am mortified at the lack of education, maturity, and common sense, I see displayed regularly on this forum.

I keep having to remind myself of this one fact. "I am behind Ron Paul, not all of his supporters."

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok, I included the links to the chip in on the original post.

fortilite
Does district 5 also still need money?

ThomasJ
Can we get a sticky on this?

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Does district 5 also still need money?

No, we finally raised the $70 we needed to reach our $350 goal. I finally convince one person to give $60... and another $10... people were actually being rude about our petition.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Guys, you really need to go read that article at the Daily Paul. These people are in trouble and need our help to help Dr. Paul. They have a deadline coming up and with all the holidays who knows how much time they really have. They are up to 781.50 out of 1400 needed. Please chip in tonight. Santa will thank you for it.

militant
12-24-2007, 10:55 PM

i have to give serious appreciation here to fred gillespie. he's an elderly eye doctor here in town, and a former member of the west virginia legislature, and current executive committee member of the WVGOP. he's a bigtime RP fan, and when he heard that my roommate and i were paying our friends' delegate registration fees out of our own pockets, he cut us a check and told us to go out and get even more done - not to let money stop us from getting the votes we need.

i would help if i could, but i'm pretty stuck until first of the year. we're all about monied out, for a short bit, i suspect, but if anyone has deep pockets and can help fund louisiania, PLEASE do - many of us would ourselves, if we hadn't tapped ourselves out on gas, hotels, signs, shirts, printing, tables at gun shows, moneybombs, weekly kick-ins just to be counted among the loyal, and all the sundry expenses and hassles incurred.

and i have to say, since i rarely post and it's christmas eve for a few more minutes, you're all amazing. i have withdrawn from socializing for so long, because i was so disappointed with people and attitudes, but all of you have changed that. thank you. merry christmas to all of us. now let's give louisiana the gift of delegates.

youngbuck
12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I'll help spread the word on this, and see what I can chip in myself.

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Guys, you really need to go read that article at the Daily Paul. These people are in trouble and need our help to help Dr. Paul. They have a deadline coming up and with all the holidays who knows how much time they really have. They are up to 781.50 out of 1400 needed. Please chip in tonight. Santa will thank you for it.

I heard they needed $1500?

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't know anything about this personally. I did see that she asked for 1500 in a post but the chip in says 1400. So, let's get them to 1400 and then find out if they need more.

LibertyEagle

Here's the Chip-in. Donate away.

http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron-paul-delegates-fees

LibertyEagle
I donated $25. Who is next?

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I'll help spread the word on this, and see what I can chip in myself.

Thanks. That is great. :)

rooteroa
12-24-2007, 11:07 PM
keep it up top! this is important!

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:13 PM
We are moving folks. It is now up to 806.50. Yeah for Ron Paul supporters! Giving on Christmas. What a bunch we have here.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Ah come on people. Imagine what it would mean to these poor, literally, poor folks living in FEMA trailers for heaven's sake, if they could wake up on Christmas to find this chip in filled.

We can come up with 6 million in one day, can't we do 600 in an hour?

Bryan
12-24-2007, 11:23 PM

Projects that everyone can help on are fair game for the general forums.

Can we get a sticky on this?
For emergencies its better to not sticky, lots of posting shows it's important.

I added a link to here on the forum home page header- so hope that helps.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
I just gave $33.50 - I noticed the site doesn't update automatically, so hopefully we are closer than we think.

rory096
12-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Projects that everyone can help on are fair game for the general forums.

For emergencies its better to not sticky, lots of posting shows it's important.

I added a link to here on the forum home page header- so hope that helps.
Hmm, that link sort of makes it sound like there aren't enough LA delegates, rather than not having enough money, so I'm afraid people who aren't from LA won't pay attention. Would it be possible to change that to make it clearer? Thanks.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:30 PM
I guess it needs you to clear your cache to update. Anyway, I did that and we are now up to 875.00! Wooohooo.

ForLibertyFight
12-24-2007, 11:32 PM
bump

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Bryan - you rock! It is now cleared up and explains there is a chip-in crisis so clearly that means money needed. You are the best admin. Thank you so much for helping.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 11:37 PM
bump.

Hello out there? We need you! Please help. Donate. please. pretty please with sugar on top? It's Christmas. Time for giving? Time to love your fellow man? Anyone?

Menthol Patch
12-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Lets show the neo-cons that we are UNITED by supporting Louisiana!

idiom
12-24-2007, 11:47 PM
This is the most important type of post. Feel free to Spam it if you have to.

bbachtung
12-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Bump.

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Come on folks. Let's at least get it over $1,000 tonight.

hillertexas
12-24-2007, 11:53 PM
bump

me3
12-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Louisiana district 2 was *wiped* out by Katrina and the 7 delegates *can't* afford their delegate fees. The campaign said, "We can't promise anything". One delegate is elderly, blind and poor. This is *serious*. These are people living in FEMA trailers.

What do you want more?
A Blimp.
or
Ron Paul as President?

Found the chip in for this project: http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron-paul-delegates-fees

Also, an article in Daily Paul. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/16258[/QUOTE]

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 12:01 AM
People, we have 297 folks in here. That is one dollar per person. How about ten bucks each? Will anyone donate ten dollars? Just ten?

LibertyEagle
12-25-2007, 12:03 AM
bump

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 12:06 AM
They need less than 600 dollars. Imagine what it would mean to a person living in a FEMA trailer who has offered to help Ron Paul but simply cannot because they can't afford a measly one hundred dollars for the cost of becoming a delegate.

Can you imagine how terrible they must feel that they want to help their candidate so much they are willing to give up all the time it takes to be a delegate but due to forces beyond their control they are unable to come up with that tiny sum. It must feel awful to be in that position. I can't even imagine. They only need 100 per person to pay the fees. This money will pay for delegates plus alternates.

Bryan
12-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Bryan - you rock! It is now cleared up and explains there is a chip-in crisis so clearly that means money needed. You are the best admin. Thank you so much for helping.
Thank you- just trying to do my part. :)

Hmm, that link sort of makes it sound like there aren't enough LA delegates, rather than not having enough money, so I'm afraid people who aren't from LA won't pay attention. Would it be possible to change that to make it clearer? Thanks.
I'm open for suggestions, just took the title and added the "Read and ChipIn here!" - do most people get the ChipIn reference? Guess I could say donate?

rory096
12-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I was thinking just adding "NEED MONEY" or something. I think people will probably get it when they see ChipIn, though. Thanks for changing it.

nc4rp
12-25-2007, 12:20 AM
bump

Ronin
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Chipped $20

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Ronin, thanks a million! I was beginning to wonder if anyone around here was going to help. You are wonderful.

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 12:33 AM
bump

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 12:38 AM
wow, this page moves so fast. bump.

schmeisser
12-25-2007, 12:42 AM
$50 sent - let's get this done! :)

jahazii
12-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Awesome guys bump

derdy
12-25-2007, 01:10 AM
No, we finally raised the $70 we needed to reach our $350 goal. I finally convince one person to give $60... and another $10... people were actually being rude about our petition.

Don't forget, man, on top of having REAL supporters with disagreements with your ideas, you also have provocateurs that are in the interest of the status-quo. It'd be silly, insane even, to think that other campaigns or intelligence services aren't sabotaging our efforts here.

Now such “investigations” are shared across the entire electronic grid. As the ACLU revealed in 2006, when the Pentagon snooped on dangerous Quakers and student groups, it did not keep the data to itself but sent it out over the network. “The Pentagon shared the information with other government agencies through the Threat and Local Observation Notice (TALON) database… The TALON database was intended to track groups or individuals with links to terrorism, but the documents released today show that the Pentagon gathered information on anti-war protesters using sources from the Department of Homeland Security, local police departments and FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces.”

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/december2007/241207_snoop.htm

I understand your frustration Torchbearer, but not everyone on the forums supports Ron Paul. ;)

Regardless, I think that a sticky thread and/or threads needs to be in the main grassroots section. It's the most heavily trafficed subforum, why not put campaign critical missions stickied? The campaign isn't doing a whole hell of a great job, so we better make sure we do this right and we have very little time!!

-Denny

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 01:23 AM
The problem with stickies is that no one reads them. Critical time sensitive items like this one need to just be bumped over and over until they are taken care of.

We are getting really close now. 1135 out of 1400 donated so far. That is only another 265 needed, at least I think so. (One post said they needed 1500, but the chipin is only for 1400, so I think it fair that we make that our goal.)

265 bucks. We can do that much.

Remember these are people who are willing to be delegates, but they can't pay the lousy 100 dollar fee to become a delegate because their homes and whole towns got decimated by Katrina. Anyone who is willing to become a delegate is a hero in my book, but these folks have NOTHING. They are living in FEMA trailers! And they are Ron Paul supporters.

They deserve our help. Just a little from the folks that are left here. We can get this done tonight, can't we? Isn't Santa living on these forums?

derdy
12-25-2007, 01:32 AM
The problem with stickies is that no one reads them. Critical time sensitive items like this one need to just be bumped over and over until they are taken care of.

We are getting really close now. 1135 out of 1400 donated so far. That is only another 265 needed, at least I think so. (One post said they needed 1500, but the chipin is only for 1400, so I think it fair that we make that our goal.)

265 bucks. We can do that much.

Remember these are people who are willing to be delegates, but they can't pay the lousy 100 dollar fee to become a delegate because their homes and whole towns got decimated by Katrina. Anyone who is willing to become a delegate is a hero in my book, but these folks have NOTHING. They are living in FEMA trailers! And they are Ron Paul supporters.

They deserve our help. Just a little from the folks that are left here. We can get this done tonight, can't we? Isn't Santa living on these forums?

Yeah I agree. Bumping is more effective than even a sticky. Maybe a mod can write a script to bump this every so often? :D

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok, five more bucks donated. That's the spirit! It all counts. 260 left to give. We gave 6 million in one day, 10,000 in one hour, surely we can give 260 tonight! Let's give them a Merry Christmas.

Keep bumping this, ok?

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Mod did better than that, he added a link to this thread on the front page!! Bryan rocks.

derdy
12-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Ok, five more bucks donated. That's the spirit! It all counts. 260 left to give. We gave 6 million in one day, 10,000 in one hour, surely we can give 260 tonight! Let's give them a Merry Christmas.

Keep bumping this, ok?

I'm so broke otherwise I would. I literally have $2 to my name because I cashed out my chipin for Ron Paul billboards in St. Louis and took out a little more than I intended. lol

I just looked at the end date of the Chipin. I'll give $100 on Thursday. :D

derdy
12-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Mod did better than that, he added a link to this thread on the front page!! Bryan rocks.

I concur, Bryan rocks the hizzouse!

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm so broke otherwise I would. I literally have $2 to my name because I cashed out my chipin for Ron Paul billboards in St. Louis and took out a little more than I intended. lol

I just looked at the end date of the Chipin. I'll give $100 on Thursday. :D

Supersweet! Even if they get the 1400, they did say they needed 1500, so just in case the 1400 is full by then, I am sure they will be able to use it.

I can't even imagine what those folks must be going through and at this time of year? Someone posted a picture of what LA looks like even today over on the blimp section and good grief. It is so devastating what happened to those folks. At least we know they are getting very close to their goal! It must be so stressful.

Can you imagine: Charging 100 dollars to be a delegate. What snakes! Really evil snakes. I just saw that in Iowa they are not going to allow the college students back into their dorms at the University of Iowa in time for the caucuses.

These people really have a lot of power. Sometimes I forget what we are up against. It is truly amazing.

kherty
12-25-2007, 01:52 AM
$20 of love from your northern neighbors. :p

I'm going to be a delegate up here, so let's keep it rolling in LA!

:cool:

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 01:53 AM
I knew the north wasn't all bad. :D

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Ok, I just gave 25.00 myself. Now I am going to bed. Will ya'll keep bumping it for me? I will re-bump in the morning. Maybe I will awake to see it all taken care of!

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:03 AM

I think Ed put up the chip in here and all he got was responses criticizing the chip in.

What do you want more?
A Blimp.
or
Ron Paul as President?

Found the chip in for this project: http://la2.chipin.com/district-2-ron...delegates-fees

Also, an article in Daily Paul. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/16258

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:05 AM
We are now up to 1185. That means they only need 215 dollars more. Make my Christmas morning for me, will ya guys? I don't know why this one means so much to me, but I really got caught up in it. We used to fund these chip-ins in a matter of minutes. I suppose it is the holiday. But hopefully the rest of you will bump it up for me, for them, for all of us.

We are so close!!!!!

rory096
12-25-2007, 02:24 AM
bump

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Ok, so who is the guardian angel? I just looked once more before shutting down and they are up to 1385. Surely the next person who reads this will get them all the way there. 15 bucks and you get to be the hero?

Thank you all. I am going to bed very very happy.

derdy
12-25-2007, 02:33 AM
All I want for Christmas is a Ron Paul Blimp(Blump)!

http://bostonist.com/attachments/boston_caroline/120907_ronpaulblimp.jpg

bbachtung
12-25-2007, 02:35 AM
$15 away from $1,400.

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Oh please. Fifteen little tiny dollars. I am sure you have that much in the sofa! Look in the laundry. Last years fancy winter coat pocket. An old purse maybe? The pockets on your pants you are wearing right now perhaps?

Peace out all.

Merry Christmas.

LibertyEagle
12-25-2007, 02:52 AM
We made it!!

You guys rock. Thank you.

jenninlouisiana
12-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Merry Christmas!

Oh my gosh, I had no idea this was going on. You all have brought a tear to my eye. (((((((group hug))))))))

I've driven by Ed's FEMA trailer and I can attest he lives there (every square inch is covered in Ron Paul signs and he's on a major road into the city of New Orleans... lol).

His district is Orleans Parish and St. Bernard Parish. SBP is gone. Nothing but empty lots and FEMA trailers-- it is where those old folks died in the nursing home.

He is still in need of about 3 more delegates and 15 alternates if you know anyone in the area.

I have to go now... thanks so much for the present! All I want for Christmas is a Ron Paul Presidency.

:)

jenninlouisiana
12-25-2007, 09:13 AM
BTW, District 2 still needs 2 or 3 more delegates and 15 alternates. (orleans and St. Bernard Parish)

District 5 still needs alternates (central and North East, North central part of the state... Rodney Alexandria is your congressman and includes cities of: Alexandria, Pineville, Tallulah, Marksville, Monroe, Ruston, etc)

I'm starting tomorrow by calling all the donors found in the database.....

torchbearer
12-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you to everyone who helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I just gave $33.50 - I noticed the site doesn't update automatically, so hopefully we are closer than we think.

This got refunded to me today - anyone know why?

jenninlouisiana
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, the national campaign came through with paying for the delegate fees. I believe Ed is refunding the money... I was refunded today as well.

It was so up in the air when I made the chip in.....