PDA

View Full Version : I just converted 3 Family memebers, I've been trying for months!!!!!!!!

icon124
12-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm so happy i thought i would share the story with u guys....for months i've been trying to convert my grandfather....who relies on the newspaper, T.V. , and radio for news because he has never touched a computer in his life....His wife, who really doesn't care for politics anymore becuz she has been disappointed so much...and my uncle who also doesn't care anymore becuz of past presidents....

Somehow I started talking to my grandfathers wife about learning new things (he is remarried) and I stated that I have been learning a lot about politics lately and i'm starting to love the process...she said she gave up a while ago...and i said u need to read about Ron Paul and u will just love it....gave her the intelligent politician speech...were we finally have one running...told her what he wants to do...she didn't believe that it could be done until i explained it to her....then she loved it....all along my uncle was listening and he loved it as well....they both agreed to let me bring them more information later becuz "he sounds like he really cares" and....they saw this "Crazy" passion about a politician and would have never thought i would care so much about a politician....

After i finished talking to her and my uncle, my grandfather walks into the room and she mentions RP to him....he goes oh yeah i remember you told me about RP about a month ago...i been looking into him and this guy is really a smart man isn't he....he also said he has been seeing and hearing more and more about him lately and believes he will have an impact in the election...

All in all I really believe I got 3 new voters that usually wouldn't vote!!!! other than my grandfather, who didnt know what to do this election, and my grandfather is a well established man and I know he will spread the word and people will listen!!!!

Haha sorry for the story, just happy becuz it took my a while to convince them but i got it done!

mmink15
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Good job, I hope to see a large swell in posts like this over the holiday.

BudhaStalin
12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Good for you! I recently got my obstinate father to change his mind on Ron Paul. The ideas took a bit of time to settle in, but after three to four months its finally worked. It didn't take much to convince my mother, she is a very bright and intelligent woman and understood right away. I'm also slowly but surely converting my brother.

And, if luck is on my side, today during dinner i will convert two of my uncles, and one of my aunts. Wish me luck!

Man from La Mancha
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Super job, but maybe we should say awakened instead of converted, sounds like a religion. This is such a meaningless remark but something I think of.

nist7
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party For Everyone!

olehounddog
12-24-2007, 08:42 PM
That's great. Keep it up. WE WILL WIN!!!

user
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Good luck to everyone in convincing others to join the Revolution.

Ibtz
12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/24805BP~The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

SML
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I haven't brought anyone over, but I do have a good story.

Today after Christmas mass at my church (I passed a stamped dollar into the collection plate) I was walking out to the parking lot with my family, when one of my cousins points to his truck, and asks my sister if she can read the sign behind the windshield.
"Who is Ron Paul?" she asks.
My cousins, who I haven't talked to since I've heard of Paul, are even more active than I am, and I had no idea they even knew who he was. They pass out fliers, have had a float in a Christmas parade. It was an amazing moment, we really are bigger than even we think.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Awesome! Great job both of you!

idiotwind
12-24-2007, 09:03 PM
This is how we win.

ronpaulitician
12-24-2007, 09:04 PM
They've been Revolutionized.

I plan on taking some RP literature to my in-laws tomorrow. Brother-in-law was joking "Who is Ru Paul?" after seeing my bumper stickers last time I saw him.

CoreyBowen999
12-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Im glad you had a good night. My night was horrible.

We had the near family all over, 8 of which are big into politics and neocons. I mentioned Ron Paul and they already knew all about him. In short story, they all laughed and when I tryed to explain his positions, they would just not listen. We only agreed on 2 things the whole night
1. We all hate Mike Huckabee (They all are big into church too!!)
2. We dont like the democrats

Highstreet
12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Nice!!

Just think of all their friends they will convert/introduce!!

So, far, we have Me, My wife.

My brother, his wife.
my friend, his wife.
another friend, (his girlfriend is on the fence).
My wife's parents
(my parents are seriously considering).