PDA

View Full Version : I ran into a Ron Paul supporter today...bad news.

AlexAmore
12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
He didn't know about voting in the primary coming up in two weeks....of course now he knows. Perhaps he's a new supporter?

Maybe Ron Paul's website could make it more clear that we all have to vote in the primary instead of saying "To win NH in 14 days" on the ticker?
I don't know...I'm just sad. :(

Jaykzo
12-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Thats crazy!

Even people who don't know anything about politics know that there are primary elections going on soon. I'm going to have to say that this guy is a statistical minority, barely anyone is that far out of the loop.

0zzy
12-24-2007, 05:32 PM
O.o what the shillio.

ctb619
12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
You should have slapped him. He must have been a very casual supporter.

walt
12-24-2007, 05:34 PM
they should send out some emails to this effect - of course if they never registered because HQ fumbled the ball on having a registration campaign - this will not matter.

Myerz
12-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Each supporter should go through some sort of basic training.....this is a war we are in. We need to educate the army!

Know your states dates!

Know Ron Paul

and

Know your enemy!

all J's in IL for RP
12-24-2007, 05:37 PM
This should be remembered by those thinking all of our supporters are going to show up at the polls to the tune of 95%. Not unless we take down the names and drag them to the polls! Get to watching the vids on the website and be prepared to work with the campaign to get the vote out. All else is secondary.

AlexAmore
12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
There were two people there. I didn't talk to the other guy who was in the car because he pulled away. I think maybe he convinced the man I was talking too to support Ron Paul and didn't get around to telling him about the primaries yet. I'm crossing my fingers. This is only a theory of course.

edit: I'll be working (volunteering of course) at the voting booths for the campaign to make sure as many people reach the voting booths as possible.

walt
12-24-2007, 05:46 PM
also we have to educate people about the delegate process in each state. In many states they are directly elected and the only vote that actually matters.

nist7
12-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Look on the bright side......how many of the mainstream supporters even know about or will even go to vote on the primary elections? My guess is alot less than the RP supporters.

MOST of the RP supporters will and know about voting in the primary.....whereas the GOP core, who are more likely to vote for one of the MSM anyways, will be their only voting bloc.

Paulitician
12-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I hope when you guys are going door to door or trying other ways to get the word out to the public, you're making it clear that they must register Republican and go vote in the primaries. If there are grassroots efforts to register people to the Republican party and get them to the primaries, then we should have no problem (I wouldn't know since I don't live in New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, or South Carolina). If not, I don't know what you guys are thinking. The system itself is not going to elect Ron Paul. That's why we need delegates and regular voters. If we can get thousands of peoples to rallies, we should have no problem winning a lot of primaries. The organization and priorities just have to be there.

Cyclone
12-24-2007, 06:26 PM
The campaign is making a big mistake not focusing on getting voters. We cannot forget our main aim of this whole thing: get votes. Nothing else matters.

mconder
12-24-2007, 06:34 PM
He didn't know about voting in the primary coming up in two weeks....of course now he knows. Perhaps he's a new supporter?

Maybe Ron Paul's website could make it more clear that we all have to vote in the primary instead of saying "To win NH in 14 days" on the ticker?
I don't know...I'm just sad. :(

This is a real problem. Many of Paul's supporters have been either unplugged from the system for a long time or have never participated. Many of these people haven't the slightest idea how the primary works. Mission one needs to be education of current supporters, not just converting new ones.

walt
12-24-2007, 06:38 PM
This is a real problem. Many of Paul's supporters have been either unplugged from the system for a long time or have never participated. Many of these people haven't the slightest idea how the primary works. Mission one needs to be education of current supporters, not just converting new ones.

I hate to say it but nothing short of a 5m inute video from Ron himself on this issue will get people to pay attention.

Yom
12-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I hate to say it but nothing short of a 5m inute video from Ron himself on this issue will get people to pay attention.

Should we lobby him about it (I know a lot of you won't like that word)? I agree it's very important, and I really haven't seen much coming out of the official campaign HQ. It's about time they helped the roots out.

Wwillywoo
12-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Thats crazy!

Even people who don't know anything about politics know that there are primary elections going on soon. I'm going to have to say that this guy is a statistical minority, barely anyone is that far out of the loop.

Not true.

This is precisely the challenge when your supporters are people who have not been in the loop.

Ara825
12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Thats crazy!

I think there are a lot of people who are not aware of the primary part of the election process. I received a phone call a few days ago from a friend I hadn't heard from in years. We got to talking about the election, and when I asked if she was planning on voting in the primary, she didn't have a clue about what a primary is. Sad but true, and she's been a registered voter for over 35 years. Anyway, she knows now.

Makes me wonder just how many others are so.... for lack of a better term...dumbed down.

nc4rp
12-24-2007, 07:00 PM
the establishment has nurtured and fostered that ignorance throughout history. You kicked ass by informing him. Information is the the most powerful weapon.

Paulitician
12-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I think there are a lot of people who are not aware of the primary part of the election process. I received a phone call a few days ago from a friend I hadn't heard from in years. We got to talking about the election, and when I asked if she was planning on voting in the primary, she didn't have a clue about what a primary is. Sad but true, and she's been a registered voter for over 35 years. Anyway, she knows now.

Makes me wonder just how many others are so.... for lack of a better term...dumbed down.
A LOT. I'm surprised there hasn't been a greater focus from the grassroots on this issue. It's not enough to listen and spread the message, we have to ensure there will be huge primary turn-out (like our rallies), otherwise the potential for Ronnie to get the nomination and spead the message nation-wide will become almost non-existant.

Nominations aren't just granted...

rich34
12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
The campaign needs to do a good job of getting out the vote.

pacelli
12-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Not true.

This is precisely the challenge when your supporters are people who have not been in the loop.

Or people who rally behind the concept of a revolution but are not of voting age, or meet the US citizenship requirement to vote :( I hope the enthusiasm and donations of our support for Dr. Paul are commensurate with the actual voting numbers.