PDA

View Full Version : Dr. No Meets the Press

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.chuckmuth.com/

Dr. No Meets the Press

It’s Christmas Eve and I have a lot of work to do today preparing for Santa’s visit later tonight, so I’m going to make this short.

The absolute WORST way to choose which presidential candidate you’re going to support, in either party, would be on the basis of what laughably have been called “debates” this year. Not only can’t you get to the root of a candidate’s positions and beliefs in 60- or 90-second responses with little or no follow up, but how serious is a format where a freaking SNOWMAN gets to ask a question? Get real.

Anyway, I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’m a Ron Paul supporter. Have been for years. Long before many of his current legions had ever even heard his name. And in the interest of full disclosure, I’ve made two donations to his campaign, something I’ve never done for any other presidential candidate.

So it’s fair to say my views on his campaign aren’t entirely objective, though I have, despite my support, been critical of the campaign from time to time and have been consistent in my opinion that I don’t think he’s going to win the Republican nomination. I can’t tell you how much I hope I’m proved wrong on that, but there it is.

I also don’t agree with Dr. Paul on every issue, but I certainly respect the fact that our disagreements are rooted not in emotion, but on different interpretations of the Constitution. Even the Founders who drafted and approved the Constitution had disagreements on certain interpretations. Indeed, that’s why the Constitution has been amended from time to time.

All of which brings us to Ron Paul’s appearance on Meet the Press yesterday.

If you consider yourself a limited-government conservative, but have reservations about Ron Paul based on headlines, soundbites and those ridiculous “debates,” you owe it to yourself to watch this interview and see the real Ron Paul. Tim Russert cut the man no slack and asked him some tough questions. And other than the question about a possible third-party run later this year, Paul answered them straight-up. And even the third-party question was answered with only .001 percent wiggle room.

I’m not saying you’re going to agree with every answer, but you WILL know where the man stands. Primarily because HE knows where he stands and isn’t afraid to tell people. And it’s all based on returning the country to its constitutional roots.

I particularly enjoyed watching Paul take Russert to school on amending the Constitution to eliminate “birthright citizenship” for illegal aliens. Paul noted that amending the Constitution is constitutional, and that birthright citizenship came about in the first place as an amendment to the Constitution; that it wasn’t part of the original document. Priceless.

If you missed the interview live yesterday, you can still watch it, broken into four segments on YouTube, by clicking on the links below. And then go have yourself a very Merry Christmas!

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Posted on December 24th, 2007 by Chuck Muth