PDA

View Full Version : Flying Spaghetti Monster Endorsement!

roseburg
12-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Author Bobby Henderson of venganza . org issued the following endorsement today.

“While religious organizations are not permitted to endorse candidates, my personal view is that Ron Paul best serves the interest of Pastafarians. Brilliant, fighting for equality and fairness for all, Ron Paul is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for unpopular beliefs. Of all the candidates, I suspect Mr. Paul is the most likely to allow me to operate a floating pirate ship church, tax-exempt. Ron Paul 2008!”

He sent it into the campaign, if they put him up on the list of endorsments, he will link to the main ronpaul website from his main page, that gets millions of hits. I think it is yet another great example of the wide spread appeal of Dr. Paul, that his message transcends religions, races and philosophical beliefs to unite people for a single style of governement.

Go Ron Paul!

UPDATE: Source, personal email from Bobby. He hasn't posted it on his website yet..coming soon, email me and encourage it :)

integrity
12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I am a pastafarian....when I am not agnostic.

thoughtbombing
12-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Author Bobby Henderson of venganza . org issued the following endorsement today.

“While religious organizations are not permitted to endorse candidates, my personal view is that Ron Paul best serves the interest of Pastafarians. Brilliant, fighting for equality and fairness for all, Ron Paul is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for unpopular beliefs. Of all the candidates, I suspect Mr. Paul is the most likely to allow me to operate a floating pirate ship church, tax-exempt. Ron Paul 2008!”

He sent it into the campaign, if they put him up on the list of endorsments, he will link to the main ronpaul website from his main page, that gets millions of hits. I think it is yet another great example of the wide spread appeal of Dr. Paul, that his message transcends religions, races and philosophical beliefs to unite people for a single style of governement.

Go Ron Paul!

Ron Paul wants to get the Feds out of Schools and out of Religion... it's no surprise really... I'm actually MORE surprised that more people haven't come out for Paul.

Nyte
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Source? I couldn't find the quote on venganza.org

Ron LOL
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Only Ron Paul could ever unite Pastafarians and Christians.

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't even know what a Pastafarian is.

deltabourne
12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't even know what a Pastafarian is.
You have not been touched by FSM's noodly appendage yet, that is likely why.

Sey.Naci
12-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't even know what a Pastafarian is.Neither did I, but a quick google cured my ignorance.

LibertyForAll
12-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok What is a Pastafarian? I love pasta but what does that have to do with Ron Paul? :)

deltabourne
12-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok What is a Pastafarian? I love pasta but what does that have to do with Ron Paul? :)

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (also known as the Spaghedeity) is the deity of a parody religion[1][2][3] called The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and its system of beliefs, "Pastafarianism".[1] The religion was founded in 2005 by Oregon State University physics graduate Bobby Henderson to protest the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to require the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to biological evolution.

Andrew-Austin
12-24-2007, 03:48 PM

A parody / crack at religion.

The FSM website makes up a ridiculous and hilarious fake religion.

If Christians have "seen the light", then Pastafarians have been "touched by a noodly appendage".

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2050/touchedhiqualrq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 03:50 PM

The FSM website makes up a ridiculous and hilarious fake religion.

If Christians have "seen the light", then Pastafarians have been "touched by a noodly appendage".

ok that was what I thought.

LibertyForAll
12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok..this from Wikipedia...now I know a little about it...I still like pasta but not quite a "pastafarian' here.

The Pastafarian belief of heaven stresses that it contains beer volcanoes and a stripper factory.[20] Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale, and the strippers have VD.[21]

The religious text of the Pastafarian religion is called the Loose Canon. In place of the Ten Commandments, it contains the Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts.

The official conclusion to prayers is "RAmen", contained in certain sections of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and so on. It is a portmanteau of the Semitic term "Amen" (used in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) and Ramen, a noodle. While it is typically spelled with both a capital "R" and "A", it is also acceptable to spell it with only a capital R.

KMA-NWO
12-24-2007, 03:56 PM

I have, then I promptly cleansed myself in holy water to wash the grease off ;)

I eat spaghetti, not worship it!

drexhex
12-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ramen, brotha!

Paulite5112007
12-24-2007, 04:07 PM
The point of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is he exists in the same sense that every other god exists. And Dr. Paul really is the only one who can ever unite Pastafarians and Christians and Muslims and Atheists.

xCakex
12-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I consider this an amazing, amazing endorsement. It would get him a lot of exposure!

theseus51
12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Basically some kid was pissed at the Kansas School Board wanted to teach intelligent design. They claimed that teaching the biblical version of events should be part of the school curriculum (in addition to evolution). So this kid decided to make up a religion, saying a spaghetti monster was the source of all creation, as a protest, saying that his theory has just as much validity as the whole intelligent design theory. And the followers of the religion are called pastafarians.

JGalt
12-24-2007, 05:00 PM

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2050/touchedhiqualrq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RAmen

ShowMeLiberty
12-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I am a pastafarian....when I am not agnostic.

Me too. ;)

Naraku
12-24-2007, 05:12 PM

RAmen!

foofighter20x
12-24-2007, 05:23 PM

But if not... What's holding him down on the ground then? Why hasn't he floated away? :confused: :p

cien750hp
12-24-2007, 05:25 PM
i pray you all are dressed in pirate outfits, and saying this outloud in a pirate accent, else you will be experiencing that stale beer hell.

resistoppression
12-24-2007, 05:25 PM
this might piss some of the conservative right, but i still think its pretty funny regardless

i heard of this religion from one of my profs