PDA

View Full Version : High value letter writing list in iowa

PledgeForPaul
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I posted this in the Iowa letter writing grassroots projects forum, but that appears to have gotten inactive recently:

I am a precinct captain and have a list of people in my precint (Cedar Rapids, IA) who have voted in previous caucus elections... because they have voted in previous caucuses, I think these are important letters.

This precint is all middle class households. Living in this precint and having made several hundred phone calls, I would speculate one issue good to include in these letters is national debt & a balanced budget (I dont' know why, I have just noticed it comes up fairly frequently during phone calling).

I think these letters could be sent as late as Dec 31st. For some, getting a letter days or even hours before the caucus will be more effective then getting one a week in advance.

PM me with an email address, and how many addresses you would like. As few as 5 or as many as 100 is fine provided you have a high post count on these forums.

seapilot
12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
bump

sluggo
12-24-2007, 01:34 PM
bump

PledgeForPaul
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
you do not have to live in iowa to write these. any help for iowa is appreciated.

DanConway
12-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Bump for importance.

PledgeForPaul
12-24-2007, 06:45 PM
still have several hundred. Thanks to those who have supported so far!

AtomiC
12-24-2007, 06:47 PM
This is great work you guys have done, but I think it could backfire because different people might unknowingly send multiple letters to the same address.

That could make many people very irritated, hehe.

PledgeForPaul
12-24-2007, 06:50 PM
This is great work you guys have done, but I think it could backfire because different people might unknowingly send multiple letters to the same address.

That could make many people very irritated, hehe.

I think letters coming from different real people are less abtrusive. You may be correct though. Perhaps this should be limited to hand written letters only (no printing a stack of 100 & just signing the bottoms).

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Have you had any more requests in the past day?

sillvergirl
12-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Matt or Will, Do you have enough Cedar Rapids caucus voter letter writers? I tried to email you at pledge for paul.com but I could not get through.

Ron Paul in 2008
12-25-2007, 08:54 PM
pm me 25 addresses.

sillvergirl
12-25-2007, 09:33 PM
PM me with 50 addresses.

Birdlady
12-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I think letters coming from different real people are less abtrusive. You may be correct though. Perhaps this should be limited to hand written letters only (no printing a stack of 100 & just signing the bottoms).

But I think any letter is better than none.

For the Straw Poll my husband and I mailed out 500 letter to Iowans. Who knows if it did any good because we did terrible at the straw poll due to fraud. We printed out a letter, signed the bottom and I wrote out all the addresses on the envelopes and used a regular stamp. Bulk mail and the presorted mailing labels will get them thrown out. Getting them opened is the MOST important thing. Once it's opened, it doesn't matter whether its handwritten or not in my opinion.

If we had done it the other way (writing them out by hand completely), I would have done 30 letters rather than 500.

I personally think hand writing is a waste of valuable time...but I won't hold someone back from doing it. :)

Edit:
Next best thing would be to write out a letter and then photocopy that.

DanConway
12-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Bump for anyone in Iowa or close. I did 100.