PDA

View Full Version : Get This Site Taken Down

Proctor
12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
http://ronpaulgw.googlepages.com/polls

This website needs to be taken down! Very fast! It completely puts shame to the Ron Paul grassroots effort.

It's a shame that Ron Paul supporters are doing this, and if they want to do this and cheat, they shouldn't support Ron Paul.

I'm in sheer disgust.

dircha
12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't get it. It's just a link to a bunch of polls.

It's not some kind of auto-voting thing. People have to click the link and then they go to the actual poll and vote.

Why is this any more "cheating" than posting a link to a poll on a message board?

literatim
12-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Why?

Nice website, bookmarking it.

PimpBlimp
12-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I see nothing wrong. Its not advocating poll spamming.

boondoggle
12-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I thought it was kind of a clever little site. Keeps supporters up to date with the insane amount of polls. Though, I do see how it makes things unfair, which is probably the ire of your disgust, no?

chipvogel
12-24-2007, 11:35 AM
added to favorites

thanks

kherty
12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
The links on the right are for proxy servers which I believe would allow people to vote anonomously and numerous times? That would not be good for positive publicity!

Proctor
12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
It is advocating poll spamming. Each link to a poll is a link to a proxy server that voids all multiple IP protection.

boondoggle
12-24-2007, 11:42 AM
It is advocating poll spamming. Each link to a poll is a link to a proxy server that voids all multiple IP protection.

Ooooooh, well now I feel like a douche bag. I agree, let's try to email the webmaster and ask him to take those down. That's not all that good . . .

Kludge
12-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Errm, you can't vote twice. It's simply to make a hyperlink that doesn't link back to the "Gateway" website, so people don't have to copy it into address bar and modify it to take them to site.

pcosmar
12-24-2007, 11:45 AM

No it does not. It only eliminates a referrer.

constitutional
12-24-2007, 11:51 AM
The links on the right are for proxy servers which I believe would allow people to vote anonomously and numerous times? That would not be good for positive publicity!

Wrong. By no means it allows you to vote multiple times.

The point using http://www.anonymz.com/ is, the web site receiving the traffic won't know where the previous user is coming from. Example, if you click cnn.com from ronpaulforums.com, they will see that you came from ronpaulforums.

Another example: MSNBC has the ability to disregard the visitors' traffic coming from Ron Paul related sites. If you put http://www.anonymz.com/?www.MSNBC.com , everything is the same except, THEY CANNOT SEE THE PREVIOUS SITE THAT YOU HAD CAME FROM.

Another example:

http://www.uksw.co.uk/images/totalreferrers.gif

Proctor
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Errm, you can't vote twice. It's simply to make a hyperlink that doesn't link back to the "Gateway" website, so people don't have to copy it into address bar and modify it to take them to site.

I don't think that's the reason. I was shown to me by somebody who dislikes Ron Paul and said he had been "exposed". Obviously the wrong message is going out.

The idea of the site itself completely ruins all online polls.

Kludge
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't think that's the reason. I was shown to me by somebody who dislikes Ron Paul and said he had been "exposed". Obviously the wrong message is going out.

The idea of the site itself completely ruins all online polls.

I can't see how. You could just google Online Straw Polls and vote in them. The fact that this site organizes a list of them and makes it easier and less time consuming could hardly be called unfair and could just as easily be used by any other campaigns. Maybe they'd even get a kick out of using a "Ron Paul Gateway" to vote for their candidates in these polls.

The only "exposure" Ron Paul is getting is that his supporters are organized, enthusiastic and willing to go to each of these polls and vote.

Another example: MSNBC has the ability to disregard the visitors' traffic coming from Ron Paul related sites. If you put http://www.anonymz.com/?www.ronpaulforums.com , everything is the same except, THEY CANNOT SEE THE PREVIOUS SITE THAT YOU HAD CAME FROM.

Exactly..

InRonWeTrust
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
That site is fine.

Alex Libman
12-24-2007, 11:59 AM
There's also:

http://wiki.ronpaulpresshub.com/index.php?title=Polls

rfbz
12-24-2007, 12:00 PM

as others have stated, nope. Has nothing to do with "IP protection". All anonymz.com does is block the referring site. Nice try though.

PRIEST
12-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice site, bookmarking.

Triton
12-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I was gonna say... take that one down, may as well take this one down too.

Airborn
12-24-2007, 12:02 PM

yes, that is what it is. nothing wrong with this. It is fair, any other candidate supporters could do this aswell.

rfbz
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
By the way, even if it sent everyone through a proxy server (which it clearly does not), we would all have the same IP address (the proxy IP) as far as the polling site was concerned, so going through that would only allow 1 vote total.

JohnMatthews
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
It's the beauty of the internet: the dissemination, consolidation and presentation of useful information. Seems like a good resource to me. Keep it up!

AtomiC
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Everyone bookmark that site. xD

rory096
12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
No, they're just anonymizers to hide the referrer. It's just like copying and pasting the link into the address bar.

TechnoGuyRob
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM

As a computer science major, let me put it this way:

No, not it doesn't.