PDA

View Full Version : A Plea

Honest Serf
12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Hello, Paul supporters... This is my first post, and it may come off as if I'm "tooting my own horn" here. I apologize if I come off this way.

I am a supporter of Democratic candidate Mike Gravel. I'm sure that most of you know who he is. If so, you'll know that he's virtually unknown in most places off-line. I am not a particular "die-hard fan" of Paul, but I do agree with some of his ideas, most of all his stance on the War in Iraq. However, despite some of my hesitations on the Doctor, I know that he is honest, and one of the THE only honest men in the Republican race right now. In other words, though I prefer Gravel, I would not be unhappy to have Ron Paul in office.

But that is a long way away. Right now, both sides need their nominations. And I know from many YouTubers and others that many Paul supporters seem to like Gravel and some of his ideas and his steadfast dedication to democracy. This post, then, is a plea to come together-- to work to win the nomination so that we can get BOTH Paul and Gravel nominated... America will truly be on a path to greatness if this happens.

I have already been doing what I can for Paul. I've donated (albeit a small amount), but mostly spread the word online and with friends. I plan on hitting the streets in the New Year with posters and fliers. I can only ask that, should you choose to help Gravel, do the same to help him. Unlike Paul, he does not have all the grassroots money that you guys have amazingly raised. His campaign and followers are doing all they can, but one can say that there is definitely a shadow over the campaign right now.

Note that I am not going to post this and leave. I plan on staying on this forum, and doing what I can. I am no longer just for Gravel... if Paul can get the Republican nomination, and Gravel the Democratic, great things can happen.

Thanks for your time. :) I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum or is overall inappropriate.

emk
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your generous support for Dr. Paul! I wish the Gravel campaigners all the best, he is surely an honest man, and worthy of our respect for the role he has played in our nation's history (Pentagon papers). Good luck with your endeavor.

allyinoh
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't mind helping you, as long as you can explain what the hell that commercial meant of Gravel's when he stared at the camera, walked away, picked up a rock threw it in the water and kept walking... What does that mean?

I have Democrats that are friends, and I always try to get them to go the way of Gravel instead of the "top tier" mainly because I don't like any of them.

So, for the people whom I know who will not vote Republican, I will work on getting them to vote for Gravel instead of Clinton, Edwards or Obama.

Honest Serf
12-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't mind helping you, as long as you can explain what the hell that commercial meant of Gravel's when he stared at the camera, walked away, picked up a rock threw it in the water and kept walking... What does that mean?

I have Democrats that are friends, and I always try to get them to go the way of Gravel instead of the "top tier" mainly because I don't like any of them.

So, for the people whom I know who will not vote Republican, I will work on getting them to vote for Gravel instead of Clinton, Edwards or Obama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57GOsJNjRkY

Rather than have me explain "The Rock" video, there's a video of Gravel explaining it himself!:D

And I thank you for your help. Remember, too, that the main thing Gravel needs is recognition. Heck, you don't even have to tell people to vote for him, just donations and word-spreading is what he really needs. If Gravel had the grassroots organization and the amazing support that Paul has, I wouldn't be surprised if he was "top-tier."

Thanks! :)

allyinoh
12-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks I'll have to look at it later. Youtube is blocked at my workplace. =(

MalcolmGandi
12-24-2007, 12:57 PM
That video was hilarious! Kinda strange though... but that's ok. I just wish we could get all the Gravel people behind Paul instead, I really like the guy, but he has no chance. Maybe a Paul/Gravel ticket? hmm?

Kludge
12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Coincidentally (maybe not...), Gravel was my pick before I discovered Paul a long while back. Only thing that drew me to Paul was what I felt was a tougher stance on privatization and individualism like Gravel's "Universal Health Voucher" support.

Honest Serf
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Guys, head over to the Gravel forums: http://www.gravel2008.us/?q=forum

The next donation day is January 1st, I believe... http://gravelresolution.com/ is our temporary website for the event. As you can see, the Gravel grassroots movement simply does not have the manpower and ideas that the Paul campaign does. I'd appreciate it if any of you could lend a hand or donate.

I have been working on a video to promote both Paul and Gravel.

Honest Serf
01-01-2008, 09:01 AM
It's donation day!

https://gravel2008.us/donate_now

Please, donate whatever you can... and spread the work.

Thank you!

jabrownie
01-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Gravel's a decent guy from what I've read on him. Best of luck with your efforts.

Honest Serf
01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks!

New Hampshire is approaching for Gravel, too... though the next donation day is January 27:

http://www.gravel2008.us/node/2967

That day may be Gravel's LAST chance... so please, donate and SPREAD THE WORD!

www.gravel2008.us

My support for Paul has been boosted after the 10% Iowa results... I am not one to discourage. I KNOW Paul can do well in New Hampshire, and so can Gravel... now THAT would be something.