PDA

View Full Version : News Junkies & Entrepreneurs

pikerz
12-24-2007, 10:39 AM
After all we have seen unfold before our eyes, it should now be apparent that media bias is detrimental to the health of our country.

The single best way to overcome media bias, in my view, is to radically change the business model from advertising supported to user supported via subscriptions.

The entire publishing model is out-moded and obsolete. A distribution network need not be any more expensive than the combined cost of bandwidth and creative talent.

Just think of the hardcore investigative journalism that could be accomplished without interference from advertisers. Just think of the prestige that could be attained by restoring the 4th estate to its proper role.

emk
12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
It's a nice idea.

hugh8jass
12-24-2007, 12:42 PM
I concur.

The best way to put this into practice is by dollar-votes, every single one of them counts (but our USA votes are counting less each day).

The more a company spends on advertising (especially the less-informative, manta-based psychological ploys), the less worthy they are of our dollars.

ShowMeLiberty
12-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Public television and public radio (PBS and NPR) are mostly subscriber-funded and they have managed to still be very biased against Ron Paul. What we need is a REALLY new way. Not that I know what that would be, I'm just saying.