PDA

View Full Version : Why do foreigners try to butt into USA politics?

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
I keep hearing about people who live in europe, canadians saying they want ron paul for america

Why don't they mind there own business because it is none of theirs who we vote for we don't give a crap who they vote for.

It just sickens me that they think they have a right to say who tovote for who looks like a good candidant when no american's pay them any attention and stick to our own politics

basically if you live here discuss if you don't discuss your own stuff an stay outa our way IMO

Dr.3D
12-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Perhaps it is because, the U.S.A. is butting into foreign politics. Ron Paul is one they feel will help to put an end to that type of thing.

ChristopherJ
12-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Whoa take it easy there fella.

Why do you care if foreigners are interested in american politics? I for one appreciate the support RP gets around the world.

I don't get this post at all.

querty
12-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow what an ignorant post...

Well for starters, considering foreigners risk having their country bombed depending on who's going to be elected as the US president, maybe it makes sense to care about the election...

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 10:23 AM
well cause I just dont understand why someone would care about who or what get's elected in somewhere I've never been to and never lived at

It would be like me an american rooting for russia to beat the USA in the olympics or something it just doesn't make any natural sense from a intelligent standpoint.

It just grinds my gear Iguess you could say cause you almost never hear about this stuff going the other way around always ppl tryin to butt in on USA stuff

if they wanna butt they should move here and live here an be a citizen here IMO from my point of view

dont u guys agree?

Anthony T
12-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I welcome foreigners into the revolution. :)

AlexMerced
12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, their foriegn interests are exetrmely tied into US politics as it stands, Ron Paul is one who would change the world with his foreign policy in a matter of months. I mean who our president is is just as important as the results of the next Russian election, or who the surprme leader of Iran is to us, extremely important.

Silly Trolls... ignorance is for Idiots

TSOL
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I keep hearing about people who live in europe, canadians saying they want ron paul for america

Why don't they mind there own business because it is none of theirs who we vote for we don't give a crap who they vote for.

It just sickens me that they think they have a right to say who tovote for who looks like a good candidant when no american's pay them any attention and stick to our own politics

basically if you live here discuss if you don't discuss your own stuff an stay outa our way IMO

Why do we but in on the rest of the planet's countries ?

querty
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
well cause I just dont understand why someone would care about who or what get's elected in somewhere I've never been to and never lived at

It would be like me an american rooting for russia to beat the USA in the olympics or something it just doesn't make any natural sense from a intelligent standpoint.

It just grinds my gear Iguess you could say cause you almost never hear about this stuff going the other way around always ppl tryin to butt in on USA stuff

if they wanna butt they should move here and live here an be a citizen here IMO from my point of view

dont u guys agree?

PERHAPS because US politics influences the rest of the word? Just because you don't give a shit about politics outside your own border doesn't make everyone who does an idiot.

ChristopherJ
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
dont u guys agree?

Ummm No! I think they have a valid interest in what happens here.

Dieseler
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
They do it because they see what we have and our losing.
Our Freedom.
Canadians see where our country is headed in regards to our freedoms being lost and I think they and the rest of the world for the most part are cheering us on for supporting Dr. Paul in his attempt to stop the Hi jacking of American Freedom.

PatriotOne
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Countries all around the world are affected by our policies. We overthrow their leaders and install puppet leaders. We impose devastating sanctions on countries who refuse to do our bidding and it affects the citizens. We intentionally insert provacateers and terrorists to cause disruption and civil wars in other countries.

You bet they are interested in who our President is and have every right to be concerned! Maybe they don't want to be the next country to be nuked by a criminal admnistration, ya think?

rodent
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM

dont u guys agree?

No. You need to get out of the country and read more history books. What happens here affects the entire world. We are the 900lb gorilla in the room.

The reason it doesn't go the other way around is the same reason we never hear about Ron Paul on TV: the mainstream media. Believe me, I would leave to hear about the internal politics of China or Finland. However, our airwave overlords want us to remain ignorant so they can run around the world committing crimes to drag the American brand name through the mud.

AlexMerced
12-24-2007, 10:29 AM
To go into it further, the choice of US president pretty much paints the picture of global diplomacy for 4 years and ROn Pauls policy effects a lot of nation positively/negatively (mostly positive)

Interests to Other nations:
- Forieng Aid and Military
- Trade Policies
- Military Occupations
- International Treaties
- Much more

to tell me the foriegners have no interest in what goes on here, and that we have no interests in what goes on in their countries is a severe lack of understanding of how things work

Just cause it's important doesn't mean we should have troops all over the world or sanction countries though, interventionism is baaaad

AlexMerced
12-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Rest Assure as well, I do root for the best candidate in other elections, I don't think any of us were happy ahmenadijad won Iranian President against Rafsanjani who was much better for US and global interest

Sandy
12-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Not only are they taking an interest because of American foreign policy since around 1913, but our Constitution is the bastion of protecting inalienable rights. Even though our freedoms have been and are continuing to be slowly eroded, the principles on which our country was founded are precious and true America is the best hope for the rest of the world. If America goes down, the move to a NWO will be ever so much quicker.

They have good reason to be interested in American politics, and I welcome their support of Ron!!! :)

Gorgy
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Uhhhh...maybe they only feel it's fair after all that we've done _all over the world_ (including all the time to Canada and Mexico) to involve ourselves in _their_ politics? Hmmmm?

Meatwasp
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Countries all around the world are affected by our policies. We overthrow their leaders and install puppet leaders. We impose devastating sanctions on countries who refuse to do our bidding and it affects the citizens. We intentionally insert provacateers and terrorists to cause disruption and civil wars in other countries.

You bet they are interested in who our President is and have every right to be concerned! Maybe they don't want to be the next country to be nuked by a criminal admnistration, ya think?

Ditto!!!!!

Man from La Mancha
12-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Perhaps we have 1000's of nuclear bombs and missiles and subs that can annihilate the world run by an insane mad man. I welcome the support from overseas.

Bradley in DC
12-24-2007, 10:45 AM
for our butting into their affairs as a matter of policy

chipvogel
12-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Freedom is universally popular. America at one time represented freedom better than anyone else. People in other countries probably are just hoping freedom makes a comeback.

Rob
12-24-2007, 11:09 AM
No. You need to get out of the country and read more history books. What happens here affects the entire world. We are the 900lb gorilla in the room.

The reason it doesn't go the other way around is the same reason we never hear about Ron Paul on TV: the mainstream media. Believe me, I would leave to hear about the internal politics of China or Finland. However, our airwave overlords want us to remain ignorant so they can run around the world committing crimes to drag the American brand name through the mud.

+500

Chabsfromcanada
12-24-2007, 11:27 AM

Your age is apparent in your post. You are a child. When you grow up you will understand. American policy effects the world. Alot of "non" Americans love America too, you know. The U.S.A. was once on a pedestal, and the President was a very prestigious person. Now you have neither. The world wants to see that again, a good country run by its good people.

Pete
12-24-2007, 11:34 AM
If you ever visit a foreign country, you'll find out that people around the world are MUCH better informed about world affairs than we in the U.S. That's because the people who run the show keep us distracted with entertainment and gadgets, or busy trying to make a living.

Wake up, please!

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
well the reason im so appalled with foreigners is because if you look at the countries most of them are living in very liberal european/canadian police states with tons of liberal laws they have heavy subsidies on goods so they can sell them cheaper to places like the USA, they also have universal health care an stuff

so whent hey come over to our country forum an tell me my country doesnt need what they have not only do i get offended and want to rip out there throats I want them TO GET OUTA My face an shut htere mouths an fix there country before they come an fix mine

last time i looked im living in the most free country with the best economy an military in the world i dont need an opoinion from some commie police state tellin me i need moer freedom an to be less like them they can shutup an fix there own concerns over my own

Ozwest
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
well the reason im so appalled with foreigners is because if you look at the countries most of them are living in very liberal european/canadian police states with tons of liberal laws they have heavy subsidies on goods so they can sell them cheaper to places like the USA, they also have universal health care an stuff

so whent hey come over to our country forum an tell me my country doesnt need what they have not only do i get offended and want to rip out there throats I want them TO GET OUTA My face an shut htere mouths an fix there country before they come an fix mine

last time i looked im living in the most free country with the best economy an military in the world i dont need an opoinion from some commie police state tellin me i need moer freedom an to be less like them they can shutup an fix there own concerns over my own

Are you a plant?

Airborn
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Canadians want RP, because he rejects the NAU. And the rest of the world is tired of America's foreign policy.

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Canadians want RP, because he rejects the NAU. And the rest of the world is tired of America's foreign policy.

they dont want american's to have free health care? I dont like forgeigner cuz they only care about themselves an foreign policy is the only thing that would effect them anythin else ron paul does they could give ac rap about

i dont need someone to tell me whos only lookin out for themselves and doesnt even live here whos a good canidant to vote for if u know what i mean

Ozwest
12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
they dont want american's to have free health care? I dont like forgeigner cuz they only care about themselves an foreign policy is the only thing that would effect them anythin else ron paul does they could give ac rap about

i dont need someone to tell me whos only lookin out for themselves and doesnt even live here whos a good canidant to vote for if u know what i mean

Have you been outside the metro area?

OptionsTrader
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM

I never say this, but you are an idiot.

Chabsfromcanada
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Your country is the most free and has the best economy because you still live in your moms house. Europe has the EU, the USA is leading the way to the AU. Europeans have had the EU crammed down their throats, and if the USA can change its direction, that might give them some hope over there. Canadians will be and are effected heavily by the USA, so we are very interested in American politics. Canadians are dieing in Afghanistan as we speak, as well. Canada wasn't in a war before 9-11, and Canada wasn't attacked either. When Canada wouldn't help in Iraq we were painted as a weak ally which is rediculous. Things need to change, and alot of the world is watching whether you like it or not. Most of the world cares more than the average american by the way, which is sad. It's like watching a drunk guy driving a huge SUV, and all the passengers in the back dont give a crap about whats going on.

pcosmar
12-24-2007, 12:24 PM

Well your ignorance is huge.
I know many Canadians that come here for health care, because theirs sucks.
Many are aware of the NAU and oppose it. They were protesting the SPP, and caught Cops provoking a confrontation.
Many people are looking to us for hope. We are still the last hope for Freedom in the world.

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Well your ignorance is huge.
I know many Canadians that come here for health care, because theirs sucks.
Many are aware of the NAU and oppose it. They were protesting the SPP, and caught Cops provoking a confrontation.
Many people are looking to us for hope. We are still the last hope for Freedom in the world.

well you got good points man but i mean if they lost hope in there own country why aren't they tryin to move to the USA?

I mean just because he USA is free an stuff doesnt help them one bit in anyway since they dont live here.

I just find there motives epicly confusing since usually im very self motivated and do things that would help myself I could careless about if someone in canada is more free next election or whatever

nist7
12-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Imagine this:

If Russia had bases setup in Mexico and then invaded Canada, would you be worried? Would you as an American and a foreigner, try to influence Russian politics?

Also, you don't like foreigners because they only care about themselves? Well, guess what, I am a foreginer. I am not USA born. Now tell me....who doesn't only care about themselves? Are you saying that the entire USA is somehow so selfless and so good that they are superior to foreigners?

In addition, foreginers do not only care about foreign policy, albeit that is the biggest issue. But I can assure you that these foreigners also care about the freedom and liberty of their fellow men.....whether they are American, Canadian, or whatnot.

I find it funny how you are so quick to label others as selfish and uncaring.....while at the same time subtly implying just how selfless and generous and great Americans are......

Although I do agree with you on the point that foreigners should not try to influence USA politics on the grounds that this would lose American soverignty. Although you have to realize that those foreigners have the right to voice who they think is the best president. I highly doubt other nations would have any significant influence on the outcome of the USA election.

pcosmar
12-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Well since I live right on the border I may see it more, and my Mother is from Canada. (naturalized)
There are people from all parts of the world that immigrate here, for those same freedoms.
What we do in the world effects many (if not all) and their interest is to be expected, even if they can not vote.

Ozwest
12-24-2007, 12:34 PM
You need to get out more mate.

RonPaulalways
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
America makes up the greatest part of western civilization.

Chabsfromcanada
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
well you got good points man but i mean if they lost hope in there own country why aren't they tryin to move to the USA?

I mean just because he USA is free an stuff doesnt help them one bit in anyway since they dont live here.

I just find there motives epicly confusing since usually im very self motivated and do things that would help myself I could careless about if someone in canada is more free next election or whatever

OK I agree with the other guy, you're an idiot.

Im Canadian and I care about you, idiot. Even though I now think you are an idiot, I want you to have the best possible life you can have. I want you to have more money, I want you to have more freedom. I want you and everyone in your country to have healthcare, I dont care exactly how your healthcare works but I really want you to be able to get sick, and get taken care of, and not ruin yourself financially by it. I want you to be able to travel the world with respect. I want you to be able to get a job that pays a fair wage. I want you to be able to get the best education possible at all age levels. I want you to be safe in your home country, in fact I want you to be safe anywhere you go because I care about your safety. I want you to always have free speech. I want you to be able to be proud of your country. I want all of this for your family as well. I want all of this, for all of you. I want this for everyone.

And you are still an idiot, kid. But, I care about you and I hope the best for you.

Ozwest
12-24-2007, 12:42 PM

Im Canadian and I care about you, idiot. Even though I now think you are an idiot, I want you to have the best possible life you can have. I want you to have more money, I want you to have more freedom. I want you and everyone in your country to have healthcare, I dont care exactly how your healthcare works but I really want you to be able to get sick, and get taken care of, and not ruin yourself financially by it. I want you to be able to travel the world with respect. I want you to be able to get a job that pays a fair wage. I want you to be able to get the best education possible at all age levels. I want you to be safe in your home country, in fact I want you to be safe anywhere you go because I care about your safety. I want you to always have free speech. I want you to be able to be proud of your country. I want all of this for your family as well. I want all of this, for all of you. I want this for everyone.

And you are still an idiot, kid. But, I care about you and I hope the best for you.
Nice.

Dr.3D
12-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Don't feel bad because you have been growing up listening to the mass media and what they have been brainwashing you into believing in the public schools. Things are not as they appear when you see them on the television.

Remember the old adage.... 'The truth is stranger than fiction.'

People need to understand this simple fact. What they have learned is mostly not the truth and they need to open their eyes and search for the truth. The internet is still your best friend.

Get out and do your own research and stop believing the stuff you have been spoon fed all your life.

ProtossX
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM

sorry I made this thread to see where people were comin from and I realy like that post and now can see a bit better, thx for your support and good luck an lets hope ron paul does get elected afterall

nist7
12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
sorry I made this thread to see where people were comin from and I realy like that post and now can see a bit better, thx for your support and good luck an lets hope ron paul does get elected afterall
:o

confederatepatriot1025
12-24-2007, 01:28 PM
i wonder here in Texas how many illegal immagrants vote?

thisisgiparti
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I am an American living in Canada, and I donated money and can vote. If you read about some of the contributers on this forum overseas, some of us are "ex-pats." Also, there are are many people around the world who hope and pray America doesn't elect another Bush. I can't say that I blame them!

SPmachina033
12-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Well it is obvious that you are actually paying attention to them... Also when we have military bases all over the world it is definitely their business. The day we worry about our own country is the day they might just stop caring about our politics.

Unspun
12-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Ron Paul getting elected is probably about as important for Canadians, Middle Easterners, Europeans, Asian countries, etc than the US. This election far outreaches issues contained domestically, this election is important on an international scale as well.

Kingfisher
12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul wont start WWlll

ExpatinArgentina
12-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Look at it this way. You are a citizen of Iran. Rom, Huck and Mac all say we should bomb the crap out of them if they don't bow to our demands. On the other hand, this guy Ron Paul says, stay out of their affairs. Would you not have some interest and maybe even some say in keeping your home and kids out of U.S. crosshairs?

Kuldebar
12-24-2007, 04:10 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Kuldebar/trolling.jpg

ProtossX seems to be on a roll with his topic selections. All of them seem to be based off a negative slant or shaky premise.

I would politely suggest that you research Ron Paul a bit more before posting your questions, because it appears that you know very little about the Good Doctor and the Freedom Movement.

Liberty Star
12-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Which people?

Liberty Star
12-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Ron Paul will put an end to this business of hijacking of US foreign policy by foreign intrest groups, he had said that Congress is intimidated by these lobbies. Once we get a leader looking out for interests of American people, tax payers funded billions of dollars of aid to foreign countries in Mid East and rest of world will come to an end and a better policy will save trillions of more tax dollars.

I'm not concerned about some good people in other countries liking Ron Paul's ideas. I would have their support anyday over that of neocon fringes outside US who encouraged failed foreign policies of Bush/Cheney and war hungery neocons in US.

Rebel Resource
12-24-2007, 04:43 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2049/2105230533_15e60e375e.jpg?v=0

The revolutionary must be capable of trembling with indignation at any injustice, wherever it occurs.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2371/2106009388_5b0df3cced.jpg?v=0

There are no frontiers in this struggle. A victory for one people against imperialism is a victory for us all.

Oliver
12-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Perhaps it is because, the U.S.A. is butting into foreign politics. Ron Paul is one they feel will help to put an end to that type of thing.

+1

Desperado
12-24-2007, 05:08 PM
PERHAPS because US politics influences the rest of the word?.

The US has more influence in the rest of the world then you may think.
Ron Paul will change that influence in a good way.
Im glad that the rest of the world wants Ron Paul as President and taken as a compliment

Blooberry777
12-24-2007, 05:12 PM
They Love Ron Paul Just Like We Do!!!!!

Blooberry777
12-24-2007, 05:13 PM
They care about what happens here because it will effect their countries as well.

angrydragon
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Because what happens here in the US affects the world.

Sey.Naci
12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, we care. I wish Ron Paul could be cloned. Should that happen, let me place my order for Canada now: We get first dibs! :D

As for foreigners 'butting in', I don't know any members of Canadians for Ron Paul (we've our own Facebook and meet-up groups!) who isn't working hard to support (not push) the Revolution. We can't donate money, so we're donating time, skills, and effort.

E.g., where I'm located, many Americans also live and work. Since one's nationality isn't a usual topic of conversation, I've just been letting as many of my friends know about Ron Paul. (For all I know, some of my friends are American.) Turns out that my friends have American friends.

We've managed to turn at least two Americans from disgust to apathy to fervent Ron Paul supporters. Those two converts will work on others. This is how the Revolution grows.

So, are the efforts - and that's just one example - of we Canadians unwelcome? If so, we shall cease and desist.

ChooseLiberty
12-24-2007, 05:36 PM
From what I've seen coming out of Europe, they want their own version of Ron Paul.

jenninlouisiana
12-24-2007, 05:40 PM
DON'T FEED IT. If you look at this person's 25 posts, and the fact that all the posts lack a thread rating tool, you can see what the real story is here....

Don't feed it.

kimosabi
12-24-2007, 06:23 PM

Uhhhmmm, us foriegners are analysing the Ron Paul Revolution and are working out how to bring the Revolution to our countries...

haaaylee
12-24-2007, 09:37 PM

maybe if american politics were just american politics and we didnt bother other countries, then they wouldn't be so interested. if important that other countries like the idea of an american president who minds his own business. i don't care about other countries politics and presidents for the most part because i don't see that affecting american, but we do effect other countries. and the world. that's one of our biggest problems.

that, and you spelled most of your words incorrectly. so you aren't about to be taken very seriously. . .

haaaylee
12-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Uhhhhhhh, last time i checked Canadians also can't vote in American elections. They live in a system they can see doesn't work, they are voicing their opinion to us about that. They are helping us. Or trying to help save us. To insult them is insane.

Also:

candidate*
their instead of there when someone is "owning" something in a sentence.
you instead of u would also help you.
because vs. cuz might as help.
apostrophes are kind of cool too.
who's*, looking*
etc.

i mean, there is an automatic spell check on this thing...

user
12-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Obviously because our foreign policy affects them as others have said, and why shouldn't anyone encourage freedom worldwide, on a voluntary basis?

therealjjj77
12-24-2007, 09:51 PM

dont u guys agree?

You would if China had bases in the U.S. and our government was just a puppet to theirs.

idiom
12-24-2007, 09:59 PM
In New Zealand the US has several Echelon Spy bases and other bits.

The USA has trade sanction in place against us because we won't embrace nuclear technology.

Oh and the U.S. has started invading people based on throwing darts at a map in the Oval office. What happens if one day the dart hits N.Z.? Nobody else in the world will even care that we just got annexed. :(

rfbz
12-24-2007, 10:03 PM
This is an obvious troll attempt. What happens in the US effects the rest of the world a great deal because of our interventionism and foreigners have every right to be interested in our politics, especially with a candidate like Ron Paul running.