PDA

View Full Version : AOL Straw Poll is being spammed by Ron Paul supporters?

garyallen59
12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
I know a lot of people are voting fairly but someone has to be doing something Florida has 7,000 votes while Cali has 6,000 and NY has 4,000, and Republicans have about 3,000 more voters than democrats, while last night they were only about 300 apart. I hope this is not the case but it seems that way. And if you are spamming please stop. I thought this would be a pretty close assessment of where we stand but I'm not so sure anymore.

Jobarra
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Florida's delegates have been stripped by the DNC. I wouldn't be surprised if some pissed off Democrats are voting for Paul. Same for Michigan

Oliver
12-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't know how accurate the poll is - because I don't know how
many Americans have variable-IP-addresses.

So fudging is possible to influence the results...

paulitics
12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
If you strip 8,000 votes from Paul, he is still virtually tied with Ghouls. This would bring the repubs down - 5,000 votes.
Florida has a high vote count for Dems too. Florida has alot of older people who don't go much beyond e-mail and aol news.
Every other state on both sides makes sense. The spammers would have to ensure that each state correlates to roughly what the polls suggest.

Ron Paul attracts voters from both sides, thus the higher Republican count.

I don't think it is spammed because too much of it mirrors the official polls with the exception of Paul. However, could it be protest votes? yes, votes from those not old enough to vote, or disenfranchised dems perhaps (the extra 3000).

I think everything will make sense during primaries, the only vote that counts. I still believe that a large percentage of those who will vote are not being polled.

garyallen59
12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
makes sense thanks