PDA

View Full Version : Frank Luntz can teach us someting

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Everyone's favorite master of polling, a-hole Frank Luntz can teach us someting. His book is titled: WORDS THAT WORK: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY, IT'S WHAT PEOPLE HEAR.

He is right in his assurtion that words matter. I suggest that we stop calling Neo-Cons, Republicans because they really are not. Let's start labeling them what they truly are, Fascists.

Everytime any of us posts a comment on any MSM site or blog we should make a point to refer to the other Republican canidates as the Fascists that they are.

Once the Neo-Cons are revealed to be Fascists many Americans finally stop and question their previous assumptions. This is a good thing.

skinzterpswizfan
12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
That won't persuade anyone to agree with what we think. It will just make us look bat-**** insane.

Mark Rushmore
12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
That won't persuade anyone to agree with what we think. It will just make us look bat-**** insane.

Only the first 100,000 times or so - then it'll just be 'the way things are'.

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:10 AM

It is not even nesesarry to mention Ron Paul. Just start using the word Fascist more. It will help people begin to reject the Neo-Cons.

user
12-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah, you may be on to something, but using "fascist" so frequently probably wouldn't work very well. People already think they have an idea of what that word means. On the other hand, the groundwork has already been laid for us in the past few days.

Ron LOL
12-24-2007, 10:13 AM

QFT. I keep meaning to post a list of words that really just hurt us whenever we use them. Fascism is one of them. I was a little upset to see Ron Paul throw that terminology around, even if correct, just because it doesn't play well. I know RP has never been about political correctness, and that's part of his appeal...but there's something to be said for being careful with one's diction.

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
It is not even nesesarry to mention Ron Paul. Just start using the word Fascist more. It will help people begin to reject the Neo-Cons.

I don't think that is a very smart move at all. The term "fascist" paints a very definite picture in most people's minds. Even after Ron said it, he quickly turned to talking about "corporatism" and describing what that meant.

People tend to vote for the one who paints a picture of how great it will be if he/she is elected. In other words, the ones who win don't just focus on negativity.

michaelwise
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
It's time to strike back with something a little more hard hitting to get peoples attention and re-focus their attention.

For Florida and the other real estate bust states I propose this. Signs that say;
Like the Real Estate Bust? Kill the Federal Reserve. Vote for Ron Paul.

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't think that is a very smart move at all. The term "fascist" paints a very definite picture in most people's minds. Even after Ron said it, he quickly turned to talking about "corporatism" and describing what that meant.

People tend to vote for the one who paints a picture of how great it will be if he/she is elected. In other words, the ones who win don't just focus on negativity.

Neo-Cons are Fascists pure and simple. I am suggesting only that we stop giving them the courtesy of calling the Republicans which they aren't. By calling these dangerous people Republicans we lend credibility to their actions.

all J's in IL for RP
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Bad Idea. Pejoratives are not a good way to start a conversation when the goal is to persuade.

"I think you and the candidate you support are fascists and I hate everything you stand for. Oh by the way...would you consider changing your vote to Ron Paul?"

user
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah we should use "corporatist" instead.

Oliver
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Everyone's favorite master of polling, a-hole Frank Luntz can teach us someting. His book is titled: WORDS THAT WORK: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY, IT'S WHAT PEOPLE HEAR.

He is right in his assurtion that words matter. I suggest that we stop calling Neo-Cons, Republicans because they really are not. Let's start labeling them what they truly are, Fascists.

Everytime any of us posts a comment on any MSM site or blog we should make a point to refer to the other Republican canidates as the Fascists that they are.

Once the Neo-Cons are revealed to be Fascists many Americans finally stop and question their previous assumptions. This is a good thing.

He will be on CSPAN tomorrow ... So if someone wants to make a call ... :D

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
QFT. I keep meaning to post a list of words that really just hurt us whenever we use them. Fascism is one of them. I was a little upset to see Ron Paul throw that terminology around, even if correct, just because it doesn't play well. I know RP has never been about political correctness, and that's part of his appeal...but there's something to be said for being careful with one's diction.

I agree ,there is something to be said for being careful with one's diction. That does not mean I will not call out a Fascist for what they are. I am not suggesting we run around saying "VOTE FOR RON PAUL, SCREW THE FASCISTS!". I am saying that when discussing Paul Wolfowitz we should not cover his ass by calling him anything nicer than what he is, a Fascist.

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah we should use "corporatist" instead.

I commonly refer to Hillary Clinton as a Corporatist because she is. This is a bit different than a Fascist though. The Fascists are wanting to give us more police state and such. The Corporatists are more into robbing us. Rudy Julieanne is a Fascist. There is a diffence is though it is small.

literatim
12-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Fascism is the perfect blend of corporation and state. Corporatism.

werdd
12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Fuck you Frank!

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Bad Idea. Pejoratives are not a good way to start a conversation when the goal is to persuade.

"I think you and the candidate you support are fascists and I hate everything you stand for. Oh by the way...would you consider changing your vote to Ron Paul?"

You are right, this would be a stupid conversation. I don't think anyone here has may that suggestion though.

Cleaner44
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Fuck you Frank!

I concur!