PDA

View Full Version : Taking The Revolution To Capitol Hill

Thom1776
07-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Announcing: Operation: Capitol Storm

Ron Paul has sparked more excitement and energy than any presidential candidate that I can think of.

The Meetup Groups and other organizations that are popping up all over the country in support of Ron Paul are also the perfect mechanisms to put up congressional candidates in every single district. Not just one candidate per district, either, but TWO!

Since Paul is actually a Libertarian/Constitutionalist, who happens to be registered, and has been elected to Congress, as a Republican, we all understand that the two party system is a sham: One party with two names. Therefore, we put up a Democrat, who is actually a "Paul Democrat", and a Republican, a "Paul Republican", to run for Congress in every single district.

In states that allow crossovers in the congressional primaries, we can concentrate on the candidate who has the better chance of winning their respective primary. In states that don't allow crossovers, it would probably be better to concentrate on the Republican, since most Paul supporters will be registered as Republicans to begin with. But who knows? A Paul Democrat in such a state still might be able to win. Ideally, come November, both candidates will be Paul candidates, so we can't lose!

The establishment has been doing this to us all these years, so let's turn the tables and do it right back to them!

Ron Paul will have powerful coattails, so let's have an army of Constitutionalists ready to ride them all the way to Capitol Hill!

Let Operation: Capitol Storm commence!

(I ran for Congress in 1992, so I am quite familiar with entire process, and I know what I'm talking about.)

AMack
07-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Heh that'd be awesome. Good luck finding enough Paulites with a credible political record to run, though.

Thom1776
07-10-2007, 07:35 AM
All any candidate would have to do is pledge to only vote for and approve things as authorized by the Constitution. "Political experience" or record is not prerequisite.

Noodles
07-10-2007, 07:38 AM
As soon as I get my finances in order :eek: :eek: :eek: I plan to run for office. Hopefully this movement will still be going so that you guys can finance me.:D

risiusj
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
The problem is that incumbents usually get easily reelected.

Bruehound
07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
When RP talks about the freedom movement I agree with him that it has never been stronger in the modern era than it is today. What ever the outcome of the Paul primary campaign(and my money is not with George Stephanopolous) the large umbrella of the Freedom Movement will have exponential growth and a structure in place.

My suggestion would be to focus all efforts on the Paul campaign right now so as not to dilute resources. That said, it is the perfect opportunity for those considering elective office to get all trained up. The Leadership Institute provides very low cost, high quality professional training for candidates and campaign managers. I am not affiliated with that organization but I am a graduate.

I have a feeling Dr. Ron's coattails will be larger than life in 2010.

We are the Remnant!!!!

ChairmanMao
07-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Your focusing on the wrong level of government. We need to do this for the state legislation. If Ron Paul wins, everything is going to get shifted back to the states. Besides its going to be alot easier to get our people to win state legislator seats then US ones. If anyone is seriously interested in this idea send me an email at mspkcc@umr.edu I know a few people who have experience in setting up campaigns and they would love to help take down some of the political machines we have in this country.

Thom1776
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
It's just the simple matter of getting a person's name on the ballot. THAT is the hardest part. It only took me four weeks to collect 2,000 signatures to get my name on the ballot in Massachusetts, and I got 95% of those signatures personally, a few friends got the other 5%.

It's like the lottery: You can't win if you don't buy a ticket first. Well, we can't vote for Paul Constitutionalists for Congress if their names aren't on the ballot.

The Ron Paul Meetup Group that I am currently involved with is up to 40 members. We could get a person's name on the ballot easily. But it's still the middle of 2007. We have about a FULL YEAR to grow and get even more organized before the actual time comes to get congressional candidates names' on the ballot.

We may never have this opportunity again, as far as motivated organizational structures that could give us the Congress we NEED as well as the President we WANT.

I will be organizing in the State of Connecticut. There are five Congressional Districts here. We will have ten candidates up for Congress next year.