PDA

View Full Version : Earmark press release?

Mastiff
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe you guys already talked about this, but I really think the campaign should put together a few paragraph press release explaining the earmark thing. It' getting a ton of news coverage. Once people understand the basic idea that the money is already spent and that the earmarks just direct where some of it goes - and that he votes against the whole bill in the end anyway - it makes perfect sense. We need to get that out there.

Chester Copperpot
12-24-2007, 08:47 AM
dont need to.. Its been explained before. Anybody interested can look it up

stefans
12-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I agree but I doubt the campaign reacts fast enough.
they are not good at this kind of thing.

RPatTheBeach
12-24-2007, 08:57 AM

Media doesn't do research. They will only report stuff that falls in their laps, especially if it contradicts something they have already been reporting.

Ron LOL
12-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Media doesn't do research. They will only report stuff that falls in their laps, especially if it contradicts something they have already been reporting.

Hit the nail on the head. The campaign needs to get on this now. There should have been a press release sitting in CNN's lap this morning.

legion
12-24-2007, 09:11 AM
this is how it works when you are a first tier candidate.

a minor controversy comes out and you have a press release to explain it and get yourself even more attention. this isn't the media trying to discredit ron paul. this is just the msm game they play to increase viewership and ratings.

to hide now and ignore this would just show to them that RP isn't "serious" about running

Alabama Supporter
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Press release is essential. Earmark is a "bad" word to most people. A couple of sentences would do wonders to clear this up.

This is what major campaigns do, as a previous poster noted.

Yom
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
I agree Mastiff. We should contact Lew Moore, the Campaign manager, about this immediately. I don't see an email on the main website, but there is a contact form: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

...and a Washington (technically Northern VA) contact number: 703-248-9115

roversaurus
12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
A press release might be nice but he needs to be on the air to
defend the attack on the air.

I don't see this as bad at all. This is an opportunity to get on TV
again. To get talked about like a real candidate.

IHaveaDream
12-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I disgree with issuing a press release at this point. Let it ride! It's creating media buzz for Ron Paul. Those who care will check it out and like what they find. Those who don't care don't matter.

emk
12-24-2007, 09:19 AM
They should be fighting over this to draw more media attention. Negative publicity is just a chance to look like a fighter. The Paul campaign should be in this brawl with fists swinging!

Alabama Supporter
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Major campaigns don't "let things ride". This is what a press team is paid to do when the facts are misreported.

literatim
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
They should be fighting over this to draw more media attention. Negative publicity is just a chance to look like a fighter. The Paul campaign should be in this brawl with fists swinging!

Why tell us?

Tell the campaign.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 09:23 AM

A lot of people will just take what is being said, at face value. It's not wise to leave it at that.

I agree that the campaign should issue a press release, pronto ronto. What's more, I certainly hope they are working their butts off, trying to get Ron several media appearances TODAY!!!

hawks4ronpaul
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM

RPat makes a very good point.

The Bill Clinton campaign and administration were famous for sending their press releases almost simultaneously to the negative news, which is partly why the MSM repeated Clinton's framing and talking points.

Reporters are trained to give both sides of a story but are happy to report "no reply from the Congressman."

Did the RP campaign send a press release about MTP right after MTP?

If not, you invite your enemies' spin to reign the airwaves.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

orion846
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
i think youre over-estimating how many normal people actually know what an earmark is. i watched MTP with my generally anti-RP father, and since then he's never even brought up the earmark thing.

people are sheep, not stupid. after the rudy and romney MTP's interviews that were catastrophic, nobody's giving 2 thoughts to this earmark business.

and rofl.... once huck goes on...ROFL, nobody will remember this earmark shit. huck is going to get ANNHILATED