PDA

View Full Version : Google Ron Paul = Bad News

JiMMy_247
12-24-2007, 08:01 AM
If you Google Ron Paul over the last week or so the first thing you get is “News results for Ron Paul”, which of course has the phrase “White Supremacist” directly beneath it. I’m not even sure if the tea party made it to the top. If in fact any positive article makes it to the top, its short lived. When they got word of a brothel owner ‘endorsing’ Paul, there were hundreds of articles that stayed at the top for more than two weeks. That is the first thing people will see when they Google him and it is the first thing they will want to read. Being that they have nothing else to fall back on they simply take that as gospel and feel there is no need to continue investigating Dr. Paul. Right now the stuff at the top is pretty tame, but it won’t be long before it fills up again. The garbage always floats to the top. Unfortunately “Google Ron Paul” has become a picket sign staple and we currently have a $300,000 Blimp circling the landscape asking people who Ron Paul is, instead of just telling them, by encouraging them to Google Dr. Paul. So we might as well make the best of it.

Google has complex algorithms for ranking its news stories and websites. I think the most blatant and simplistic of those things it takes into account is how many people click on the link they provide on their own news page. So please if you see an article that you know is BS, just say no. Avoid it altogether. Harassing these people just antagonizes them further anyway. So don’t even click on the link. Just click on the links for positive articles. I think another way Google ranks pages and stories is by how many good pages link to the news story. So if you’re a webmaster, provide the link to that story. Get the links put up in as many places as possible. Social networking sites are especially good for this. There is more that goes into the ranking system and hopefully someone here will have some more insight, but that should do for a start.

I realize there is the factor of the site the news is on. Obviously ‘the Washington Post’ won’t have a hard time beating out ‘Billy Bob’s Political Blog and Screensavers’. I’m just thinking about the things we can do, no matter how small.

It wouldn’t hurt either to maybe steer away from “Google Ron Paul” and instead direct people to a specific location. Personally I like his official site and FreeMe.TV because they are both short, easy to remember and are 100%positive without being overwhelming.

Yom
12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Right now the earmark article is at the top. Is there anyway we can google bomb one of the favorable and/or unbiased Nolan Chart or Lew Rockwell articles?

JMO
12-24-2007, 08:05 AM
here is what i get when i google ron paul

News results for ron paul

Washington Post Ron Paul defends seeking funds for Texas district - 7 hours ago
By BENNETT ROTH WASHINGTON — Presidential contender Ron Paul said Sunday that despite his philosophy of cutting government spending, he was justified in ...
Houston Chronicle - 107 related articles »
Here we go again, not ignoring Ron Paul - Los Angeles Times - 26 related articles »
'Fascist' remark was not justified - Cincinnati Post - 13 related articles »
Ron Paul 2008 — Hope for America
Congressman Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital. This is the official website of the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
www.ronpaul2008.com/ - 32k - Cached - Similar pages
About Ron
Issues
Straw Poll Results
Colbert Report

Video Network
Border Security & Immigration
American Independence
Taxes
More results from ronpaul2008.com »
Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the Texas Congressman and Republican candidate for President.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul - 322k - Cached - Similar pages
Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
John Berthoud, president of the National Taxpayers Union, an organization that promotes lower tax rates, has said, "Ron Paul has always proven himself to be ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul - 270k - Cached - Similar pages
Congressman Ron Paul
Official web site for Representative Ron Paul (R - TX).
[Click for more information] Map of 601 25th St, Galveston, TX 77550
www.house.gov/paul/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
Dr. Ron Paul
There is one and only one voice in Congress for a foreign policy of freedom, and it belongs to Congressman Ron Paul, who has stood alone for freedom for ...
www.ronpaul.org/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

YouTube - Candidates@Google: Ron Paul
2008 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul in discusion ...
[Click for more information] Watch video - 66 min -

Rated 4.9 out of 5.0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg
MySpace.com - Ron Paul 2008 - 72 - Male - Texas - www.myspace.com ...
MySpace profile for Ron Paul 2008 with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more.
www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008 - 179k - Cached - Similar pages
Congressman Ron Paul Archives
Collection of columns by the presidential candidate and US Representative for Texas, going back to March 1994.
www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html - 152k - Cached - Similar pages
Ron Paul on the Issues
Ron Paul on Budget & Economy. Click here for 7 full quotes on Budget .... Ron Paul on Free Trade. Click here for 15 full quotes on Free Trade OR other ...
www.issues2000.org/Ron_Paul.htm - 117k - Cached - Similar pages
Ron Paul 2008 Revolution - Ron Paul for President 2008 | Restore ...
A financial collapse is not the end of the world, though it may feel like it. It is likely the end of the US dollar, and the end of US Hegemony.
www.dailypaul.com/ - 92k - Cached - Similar pages

Searches related to: ron paul

robpriv
12-24-2007, 08:07 AM
We definitely need to find a way to get Lew Rockwell's "Ron Paul File" to the top.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/

walt
12-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Right now the earmark article is at the top. Is there anyway we can google bomb one of the favorable and/or unbiased Nolan Chart or Lew Rockwell articles?

Yes, we can affect this...I wish more people like you would pay attention...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64279&highlight=chapter

Man from La Mancha
12-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Once the blimp starts flying south all over cities that should generate a lot of local stories and blogs and some national news to help push good Paul stories up. I just realized how important the blimp will be to google searching. It hasn't had much chance to do this. It is why it is so important to keep it in southern good weather.

Mike S.
12-24-2007, 08:30 AM

That's one big plus on the earmark controversy. It gets away from the silly white supremecy rumors and focuses on Ron Paul, the experienced and qualified lawmaker.

Do whatever you can on a personal level to counteract the bad press.

bobmurph
12-24-2007, 08:37 AM
"Facist" Remark was unjustified - Cincinati Post ------> Hit piece. 3rd news related story down.

musicmax
12-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Google Hillary Clinton:

How Clinton Lost Her Invincibility

Google Mitt Romney:

Romney Slipping in New Hampshire

Google Mike Huckabee:

Mike Huckabee - Another Bill Clinton?

Welcome to the adult world, folks. The battle has been joined, and EVERY journalist is scrutinizing EVERY candidate for weakness.

It's time to lose the fanboy diefication of Dr. Paul and recognize what the primary season really is: a fight to the (figurative) death.

Game on!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most people ignore that stuff at the top as they don't want news. They want the whole story. The news stuff looks like the ads a bit. I have a few years experience as a webmaster and number one in the normal google part is the most clicked link by far.

They will see the number one spot and click it.