12-24-2007, 06:07 AM
We'll see.

http://www.bennettmornings.com/

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:08 AM
He IS, now.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Kevin Wall says he thought the Reagan Repubs would probably like some of the things he said

He proposed some radical changes to America's balance of power in the world, and would create a power vacuum in the world, and some would be good news for China and Russia because of this.

Somebody would fill the vacuum.

He's playing the tape.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:12 AM
He says Ron Paul is sounding like an old Republican. Good. Says RP wants to wipe out income taxes..he just played that part of the tape.
I'm waiting for the yeah-but.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Now on to bringing the troops home to pay for this. Now people aren't going to agree. Duh, this guy is stupid...how does he THINK we're going to do this? The other candidates don't have a clue on how THEY"RE gonna cut taxes. Duh.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Asking for callers and he'll be talking about RP for the rest of the hour. He's calling it the RP 101 Primer.

user
12-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the updates.

akalucas
12-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the updates!

saahmed
12-24-2007, 06:23 AM
the stream wont work for me

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:24 AM
He says yesterday was a good example to learn about RP. He says before he thought he was a nutjob. He's actually being pretty fair, so far.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Try this:

http://920wgka.townhall.com/

user
12-24-2007, 06:26 AM
He says yesterday was a good example to learn about RP. He says before he thought he was a nutjob. He's actually being pretty fair, so far.
The MTP interview was a good example to learn about RP?? And it convinced him RP isn't a nutjob?

I guess it was a much better interview than I thought. :confused:

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Says bringing the troops home is where RP loses him. Will be getting to some calls next. Commercial break.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:28 AM
I thought it was an AWESOME interview. Left a good taste in your mouth, if ya know what I mean....

deehrler
12-24-2007, 06:29 AM
the stream wont work for me

Des Moines KFFF 1260-AM

rpfreedom08
12-24-2007, 06:30 AM
everyone and their damn need to fight wars... What a shame.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Yesterday I was out slimjimming, and I came up to a car with a guy in his 20's in it. I asked him if he knew about RP, and he said is he pro-war? And I said no...He said he wasn't interested , then....I asked him if HE was pro-war, and he said yes! I said I would steer clear of him. LOL.

MsDoodahs
12-24-2007, 06:35 AM
more updates please?

user
12-24-2007, 06:36 AM
I thought it was an AWESOME interview. Left a good taste in your mouth, if ya know what I mean....
I thought RP held up well, but as he said after the interview, they didn't get into Iraq or monetary policy at all. So I think it was good but not that good as an introduction.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:37 AM
First caller says RP is foolish for cutting income tax away and host is standing up for RP!

HAAHA. Typical Bill BEnnett caller...

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Dork caller from Cleveland says it's not fair to talk about reducing income tax...this guy is incoherent.

??????

Kevin Wall is saying he never even THOUGHT about RP's position of USA not being the big dog in the world. He says who SAYS we have to be the big superpower. The caller says cuz americans work for a living and believe in it.

My gosh, host is sticking up for RP's position. Says AlQueda doesn't like our position, either and we haven't ever looked at ourselves as anything BUT a superpower.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Caller says there shouldn't even be a debate about it. Host says that's precisely what RP is espousing.

Next up, JUDY.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Yesterday I was out slimjimming, and I came up to a car with a guy in his 20's in it. I asked him if he knew about RP, and he said is he pro-war? And I said no...He said he wasn't interested , then....I asked him if HE was pro-war, and he said yes! I said I would steer clear of him. LOL.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You should've asked him why he wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan right now.

user
12-24-2007, 06:41 AM
First caller says RP is foolish for cutting income tax away and host is standing up for RP!

HAAHA. Typical Bill BEnnett caller...
"Noooo I like paying taxes!"??

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Judy is afraid of a flat tax, because it will probably go up without any recourse whatsoever. HAHAHH.She's missing the point.

She likes consumption tax better...duh. Like they won't raise that...host says so.

How about 0%, people?

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:42 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You should've asked him why he wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan right now.

I thought of that as I watched him drive away.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Next caller, RP says all the things he's against but doesn't think through. What are we gonna do with all the troops that come home, have them just sitting around the US?

Host says, there is another side to this. Says we're already talking about bringing troops home from around the world, but that we would be spending money on our troops IN america and would be good for our economy.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Says it would be an instant injection of revenue for local economies....

Caller says, if they're at Ft. Campbell, what are they gonna do? We'll be reducing the army, destroying their training,

Host says, what do troops do during PEACE time? Train for war time.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Next,

he saw the interview with RP, glad to get his version from him, not somebody else. Says third party question struck terror in everyone when he left it open....hahaha.

Host says that's normal for a politician.

FreeTraveler
12-24-2007, 06:46 AM
I thought of that as I watched him drive away.

Another good question: How are we going to pay for it? We're borrowing it from China now.

user
12-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Next caller, RP says all the things he's against but doesn't think through. What are we gonna do with all the troops that come home, have them just sitting around the US?

Host says, there is another side to this. Says we're already talking about bringing troops home from around the world, but that we would be spending money on our troops IN america and would be good for our economy.

This is Keynesian thinking and is totally wrong, but oh well?

Moxxar
12-24-2007, 06:52 AM

As long as he's defending RP's position... :rolleyes:

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Well, sorry, I missed the last caller cuz my computer took a crap on me. Anyway, ended up the host says RP boils down to: Do we WANT to be a superpower? Nobody has brought up the fact that we will not be a superpower at this rate if we go bankrupt.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Host: There are some things that RP said that host thought were pretty decent: IRS elimination, tax eliminiation. What is unintended consequence? RP wants govt smaller, beyond that, he loses the host. Bring the troops home bothers the host. No troops overseas host thinks is rather naive, but to RPs credit he's making us think about our role in the world.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Somebody PLEASE call him and tell him our dollar is tanking and we're going bankrupt!

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Playing tape: "abandonment of Israel."

I wonder if they'll play the part where we "abandon" the Arabs?

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Yes, they played that part. Hallelujah!

Wonder what the host has to say about this...

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Okay, that to him sounds like abandonment...hmm.

Implication is absolutely out in left field that we are FORCING our foreign aid on Israel. Have you ever heard an Is official say we don't want your aid? Aren't there countries who don't acknowledge Is's right to exist?

Some say that we are all that stands between Is's annihilation.

katooom
12-24-2007, 07:14 AM
This host is clueless. Is the a call in number to educate this guy?

ConceivedInLiberty
12-24-2007, 07:15 AM
This host is clueless. Is the a call in number to educate this guy?

That's how talk radio works, don't think you're going to change anything. If you do manage to get through he'll just paint it in a way that turns the rest of his audience off to Ron Paul people.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Next caller:

Flat tax, fair tax, and RP. You can't abolish the 16th amendment, you need some replacement. Fair tax will say it's 23% and that's the law. The IRS will disappear with the fair tax. Host says laws can be changed. Caller says you need 2/3 to change it. Host is skeptical of politicians toying with tax rates, says they'll raise tax rate.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:17 AM
More fair tax. Likes it for its transparency. ???

How did this turn into a fair tax discussion?

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:18 AM
866-680-6464

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Okay, back on.

I wonder how the HOST plans on reducing the size of govt? He doesn't seem to have any good ideas of his own.

He's doing a review now.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Next caller, Dave.

Fair tax again..sheesh. RP said he would sign Fair Tax but favors NO tax above all.

Policing the world doctrine. We have to choose : superpower (nebulous) vs. being a Constitutional republic following the rule of law.

Host says these are not mutually excusive. Ex: sweden, norway, etc. Say they do a fine job doing things for their people.

Caller: Who defines our role as a superpower? Says it's not constitutional to police the world. All for freedom for other countries, but says founding fathers never wanted this. Says he cares about other countries, but not enough to sacrifice his son's arms, legs, or life.

Hosts asks if he supported leaving Viet Nam. Caller says no. Says he doesn't think anyone would invade us with 300 million armed citizens here.

GREAT CALL!

katooom
12-24-2007, 07:37 AM
I just tried to call this dimwit, no luck, busy signal.

RPatTheBeach
12-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the play by play, wgadget. Some of us at work aren't permitted streaming audio/video! :)

rfbz
12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Funny how Glenn Beck acted like Ron Paul being on his show would be the best thing in the world as far as promoting Ron Paul, but it barely seemed to make a dent and nobody noticed. Tim Russert made no such pleas or promises and Ron Paul's appearance there is creating news and debate all around. Just shows how irrelevant Glenn Beck really is.

user
12-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Funny how Glenn Beck acted like Ron Paul being on his show would be the best thing in the world as far as promoting Ron Paul, but it barely seemed to make a dent and nobody noticed. Tim Russert made no such pleas or promises and Ron Paul's appearance there is creating news and debate all around. Just shows how irrelevant Glenn Beck really is.
To be fair, I doubt Glenn Beck would claim his show has more of an impact than Meet the Press.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Next caller says RP may not be speaking to Rep leaders, but he sure is speaking to average Joes like him!

He says RP is saying, are we abiding by the Constit?

Host talking about P buchanan, says can we afford to be Isolationist? Caller says he's not saying that, he's saying we should deal with our own business, not others'. We have no more american corporations that are willing to stand up for america.

The end.

user
12-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Next caller says RP may not be speaking to Rep leaders, but he sure is speaking to average Joes like him!

Nice!

literatim
12-24-2007, 08:31 AM

It is not wrong. Right now we are paying our troops and they are spending it overseas.