PDA

View Full Version : Aol Straw Poll Is Not Spam Proof

jdrochon
12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
The problem with the legitimacy of this poll is if you delete your temp files and cookies, it will let you vote again.

So when Ron Paul wins they may point that out. It may be easy to "prove" that Ron Paul supporters do spam, which I believe all supporters have a few spammers but I hope this isn't going to be an issue.

MSM's attempt to discredit Ron Paul and his supporters is relentless and they will continue to do so using this as evidence if they can find it.

I formally suggest boycotting the AOL STRAW POLL

brianbb98
12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
they'll be saying the same all through the primaries...

Andrew-Austin
12-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Its that way with pretty much all online polls.

No point whatsoever in boycotting the poll... Really there won't be any problems arising out of this, nor will there be positives.

Yom
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Spam the primaries! Can't wait to see them explain that one.

"Ron Paul received 28% of the votes in Iowa today, a plurality, thanks to high turnout rates among his supporters, who spammed the caucus. Our political analysts tell us that his true percentage of his support is 8%, ignoring today's spamming. Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee pulled out a close victory over Mitt Romney, with 20% of the vote to Romney's 17%."

-Faux News, 01/03/08

:D

mokkan88
12-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Then the solution is simple:

Do not spam the vote.

Hope
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Then the solution is simple:

Do not spam the vote.

+1000

blackmouth
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I agree don't spam the vote, but do get new people to vote in the poll. There's no reason we should ignore the poll because its not spam proof. If we did that we should be boycotting all online polls.

Don't spam, get new votes. That's all it takes. The positives are getting people in the comments section to actually look up Ron Paul. They are half way there by simply being on the internet!

Myerz
12-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Somebody should come out with a poll that not only requires a security word you need to type in but also a confirmation email before your vote counts! Sure, people have multiple emails but it makes it more of a pain in the ass.

We need a true dose of reality!

francisco
12-24-2007, 02:04 AM
The problem with the legitimacy of this poll is if you delete your temp files and cookies, it will let you vote again.

So when Ron Paul wins they may point that out. It may be easy to "prove" that Ron Paul supporters do spam, which I believe all supporters have a few spammers but I hope this isn't going to be an issue.

MSM's attempt to discredit Ron Paul and his supporters is relentless and they will continue to do so using this as evidence if they can find it.

I formally suggest boycotting the AOL STRAW POLL

I have a different proposal: vote once, legitimately, and then leave a brief but unique comment that could not possibly have been created by a bot.

Imagine if along with thousands of votes for Ron, there were a matching number of comments. That would put to rest any allegations of spamming, and be newsworthy in and of itself.

terryhamel
12-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Just expose this insecure poll for what it is, then let it die. It's a waste of time when we could be promoting Ron Paul in other ways.

Anti Federalist
12-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Spam the primaries! Can't wait to see them explain that one.

"Ron Paul received 28% of the votes in Iowa today, a plurality, thanks to high turnout rates among his supporters, who spammed the caucus. Our political analysts tell us that his true percentage of his support is 8%, ignoring today's spamming. Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee pulled out a close victory over Mitt Romney, with 20% of the vote to Romney's 17%."

-Faux News, 01/03/08

:D

We laugh.

That's probably not too far off the mark.

nc4rp
12-24-2007, 02:19 AM
I just dont see a ron paul supporter doing that, if anything it would be one of the other candidates team trying to slander Rons good name.

wanna see a really messed up bunch of polling? it very clearly demonstrates just who the establishment's candidate is, because it defies the statistics at first glance, id love to see a mathmatician get ahold of this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party_%28United _States%29_2008_presidential_candidates

..besides huckabees people cant posibbly know how to delete temporary files ;D

blackmouth
12-24-2007, 02:22 AM
I like the flashy poll...

ionlyknowy
12-24-2007, 02:23 AM
nevermind

nc4rp
12-24-2007, 02:37 AM
We laugh.

That's probably not too far off the mark.

dont forget that they have control of the voting machines and besides all that, and 'voter hedging', VNS is the corperation that individual districts call in their vote in to, then VNS calls the vote to the state chairman. LAST Iowa caucus thet GAVE THE WRONG TALLY, i heard lik Buchanan won or something. Many people didnt beleive that there could even BE a problem concidering they pay VNS millions of dollars to certify the election correctly.

anyway, many fought it best they could but VNS, NEP, and Bush Inc. delayed it for several weeks until they couldnt undo the damage. I suspect Iowans best get together with teh VOTE WATCH scenarios all ready, because you know they are gonna hack the hell out of the vote for Rudy, hes theyre man as these polls show - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party_%28United _States%29_2008_presidential_candidates

google VNS Fraud or NEP Fraud

jdrochon
12-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Just expose this insecure poll for what it is, then let it die. It's a waste of time when we could be promoting Ron Paul in other ways.
I agree with that.

Goldwater Conservative
12-24-2007, 01:12 PM
What's interesting, though, is that the Republicans currently have a combined 75K votes and the Democrats 72K. That means if there is spamming going on, it's happening on both sides, unless you think Dems are disproportionately likely to vote in this poll.

ronpaulitician
12-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Agree. Don't spam.

The only time I refuse to vote in online polls is when obvious spamming (meaning, multiple votes per user), by the supporters of any of the candidates, is going on.

Anti Federalist
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I use three different browsers to reflect my vote, my wife's and my son's.

If that's "spamming" then I'm guilty.