PDA

View Full Version : Strategy to quadruple donations for Q3

aknappjr
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Its simple: Everyone donate 4 times as much by Sept. 30! Tell every RP supporter to donate 4 times as much.

I know its difficult, but just remember, our forefathers sacrificed their lives and the lives of their countrymen to fight for freedom. What are you willing to sacrifice?

Man from La Mancha
07-10-2007, 01:29 AM
100 million

rockfree33
07-10-2007, 02:18 AM
How are new supporters going to donate $0? lol :)

Don't forget the most important thing is to join meetups, participate in them, and do your own thing with your friends. My friends and I am going to be going door to door with about 1,000 brochures this weekend. Let's go people!

rich34
07-10-2007, 06:42 AM
I can agree with this. Everybody else up for it?

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 06:51 AM
I am certainly willing to max out my contribution this quarter, but there's not enough room left to quadruple it, unfortunately.

belian78
07-10-2007, 07:19 AM
That was talking about a couple who called into the RP headquarters, and stated that because they wanted RP to win the presidency so bad, they were telling all their family and guests to their wedding to donate what they would have spent on wedding gifts to the RP campaign.

Also, I've seen a few people lately put out bulletins on myspace saying how they wanted to have their family and friends take the money they would have spent on birthday and christmas presents, and donate that to the RP campaign instead. This is a great idea! I think we can all agree that getting Ron elected is WAY more important than a new shirt or tickets to a show or any other present we usually get right? I've pledged to do this, others should too.

any other takers?

Gunslinger
07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Just donated another $200. I am really hoping that my wife and I will be able to donate the full $4600. Is the campaign keeping a tabulation of how much every individual is donating? And if so, what do they do if you accidentally go over your $2300?

Slugg
07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Just donated another $200. I am really hoping that my wife and I will be able to donate the full $4600. Is the campaign keeping a tabulation of how much every individual is donating? And if so, what do they do if you accidentally go over your $2300?

Anyone who donates more than 200 dollars gets put on a list and sent to the FEC. This has been common practice for years. Do not go over if you can. If you want to donate more, donate to a meetup group or other grassroots campaign. I remember seeing some meetup groups post on these (and other) forums asking for donations since they have very limited members. So we can donate more, but just not directly to the campaign.

I hope this answers your question.

dspectre
07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Anyone who donates more than 200 dollars gets put on a list and sent to the FEC. This has been common practice for years. Do not go over if you can. If you want to donate more, donate to a meetup group or other grassroots campaign. I remember seeing some meetup groups post on these (and other) forums asking for donations since they have very limited members. So we can donate more, but just not directly to the campaign.

I hope this answers your question.

Why in the world would you now want to donate to the campaign??

I can understand donating to meetup groups since they need the money, but I really don't get the reasoning for not going above $200 to the RP campaign.

empirenine
07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Why in the world would you now want to donate to the campaign??

I can understand donating to meetup groups since they need the money, but I really don't get the reasoning for not going above $200 to the RP campaign.

I think you misread his comment. He was suggesting to Gunslinger that he should not go over the $2300 max, not $200.