PDA

View Full Version : Paul makes Times of India - the world is watching

Troyhand
12-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Paul's Interview on Meet The Press while discussing Al-Qaida and US Interventionism was picked up in The times of India

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/The_United_States/US_must_stop_provoking_Al-Qaida_says_lawmaker/articleshow/2646560.cms

US must stop provoking Al-Qaida, says lawmaker
24 Dec 2007, 1001 hrs IST,PTI

WASHINGTON: A maverick Republican contender for the 2008 presidential polls has argued that the US must stop provoking Al-Qaida if Americans are not to be attacked and killed and that Washington's close ties with Israel and Pakistan are annoying the terrorist outfit.

"Read what Osama bin Laden said. We had a base in Saudi Arabia that was an affront to their religion, that was blasphemy, as far as they were concerned," Texas Congressman Ron Paul said.

He also said the US was bombing Iraq for 10 years. "We've interfered in Iran since 1953. Our CIA has been involved in the overthrow of their governments. We're, right now, in the process of overthrowing that nation," Paul said.

"We side more with Israel and Pakistan, and they get annoyed with this."

Paul, who has surprised many in the Republican Party and outside for his ability to collect campaign contributions was asked on a press meet whether the Al-Qaida would leave America alone if the US did not have troops in the Middle East.

"Not immediately, because they'd have to believe us. But what would happen is the incentive for Osama bin Laden to recruit suicide terrorists would disappear. Once we left Lebanon in the early 1980s, the French and the Americans and Israelis left Lebanon, suicide terrorism virtually stopped.

"So we have to understand that. We have to understand how we would react if some country did to us exactly what we do to them. And then we might have a better understanding of their motivation, why somebody would join the Al-Qaida," he said.

"...Why produce the incentive for these violent, vicious thugs (of Al-Qaida) to want to come here and kill us?"

There's a comment section below the article if you want to write to the editor and let the folks in India know how many Americans there are that want to stop our unjust foreign policy and want to restore our republic back to a bastion of peace and liberty.

StateofTrance
12-24-2007, 12:43 AM
TOI is huge in India just like NYT here. Hope this makes into the print edition.

user
12-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Nice. RP did a great job with that question.

Corydoras
12-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm awestruck at how far the campaign has come, to the point where Ron Paul is being quoted in major papers on the other side of the world. This is great. Our government needs to start accepting that the things Paul talks about are substantial and serious, and are not preposterous to people in other countries.

user
12-24-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm awestruck at how far the campaign has come, to the point where Ron Paul is being quoted in major papers on the other side of the world. This is great. Our government needs to start accepting that the things Paul talks about are substantial and serious, and are not preposterous to people in other countries.
I know some people don't care about this, but I think it's great that when RP is elected the world will respect America again.

malkusm
12-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I know some people don't care about this, but I think it's great that when RP is elected the world will respect America again.

I, for one, ABSOLUTELY care about this. We were very well respected as a government which was the model for democracy, and now that is not the case. As Dr. Paul said today, we end terrorism and start democracies not by force, but by setting a good example of peace and freedom which others will want to follow (or something to that extent).

ronpaulfan
12-24-2007, 01:22 AM

I love that part. I want to go see Egypt and the pyramids with my only fear being the camels.

Antonius Stone
12-24-2007, 01:28 AM
wonderful. The europeans have already hopped onboard the Revolution, will the Indians as well?

check the second link my sig. I think we should organize a vigil, because the world will mobilize behind our ranks

sunray
12-24-2007, 01:30 AM
There was an article in yesterday's print Times of India with the title having "Land of the Free". I almost fell off the chair thinking, "has the revolution come so far that people are talking about GHoeberX's video in India?" :) It was not about the video, but it was about what Dr. Paul talks about all the time: the bloat of the US Federal government. Interesting analysis of the situation with some solid figures:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/S_A_Aiyar_Red_tapism_in_US/articleshow/2644063.cms

rodent
12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Paul's Interview on Meet The Press while discussing Al-Qaida and US Interventionism was picked up in The times of India

There's a comment section below the article if you want to write to the editor and let the folks in India know how many Americans there are that want to stop our unjust foreign policy and want to restore our republic back to a bastion of peace and liberty.

India has some leftist tendencies. I'd be more willing to bet most people there want to see Clinton or Obama.

I'm surprised RP doesn't use India as an example of how the free-market has done wonders for economic growth. The jobs are decreasing here, but they are certainly growing over there. Their currency has gotten stronger against the dollar, and their market indexes have done nothing but rise. All of this and it's built on top of democracy. They don't have an interventionist policy, and their central bank is not privately owned. They have some debt, but it can be managed. Their space program and missile defense programs have been privatized, and their nuclear weapon production was entirely home-grown. They refused to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and ignored what was going on in the UN -- the same things RP said we should do here.

India is a good example of how freedom can work. They had oppression for several centuries where people were not free to innovate and get educated. As soon as they dropped their leftist tendencies, embraced free-market reforms, and started educating more people, their economy really started to take off. They aren't doing too bad for being only some 60 years from when they got independence. I'm willing to bet they'll do better when they are 200 years into independence like we are.

India's also a good example of what can go wrong when elite ruling classes become too entrenched in power. They retard economic progress and slow things down. The whole history of that country is a good reason to listen to and follow the advice of Ron Paul.

StateofTrance
12-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Seriously, India is one of those countries that stands unique because of her non-interventionist, non-alignment, foreign policy. The New America should look up to such countries and re-learn the basics.

Troyhand
12-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I left a comment to their article about an hour and half ago, but I guess the editor reviews it first before posting it beneath the article. It's still blank. Anybody else leave comments to them?

user
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Careful everyone, you might piss off the neocons if you suggest another country could be doing a better job of something than America is. ;) :eek:

Troyhand
12-24-2007, 03:32 AM
WOW. same article appear in India's Financial Express paper!
India loves Ron Paul!!!
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Stop-providing-motives-to-alQaeda-to-kill-us/253724

edit: never mind story pulled from page. weird

zmall88
12-24-2007, 03:39 AM
by the way the Non Aligned Movement/Treaty was a sham, half the members were doing something directly or indirectly to fuel the cold war.

user
12-24-2007, 03:51 AM
WOW. same article appear in India's Financial Express paper!
India loves Ron Paul!!!
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Stop-providing-motives-to-alQaeda-to-kill-us/253724

edit: never mind story pulled from page. weird
Bad link for me :confused:

Edit: I see it got pulled. Was it the exact same article, word for word?

Troyhand
12-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Bad link for me :confused:

Edit: I see it got pulled. Was it the exact same article, word for word?

yeah. I think the two papers are owned by the same company there. Don't know why it got pulled off the one but is still up on the other.

user
12-24-2007, 04:57 AM
yeah. I think the two papers are owned by the same company there. Don't know why it got pulled off the one but is still up on the other.
Actually that's why I asked, I checked and they're not owned by the same company. The article doesn't look like it's from a wire service, either, so I don't know what's going on.