PDA

View Full Version : Rudy has his sights set on our state...

Shiva_Rodriguez
12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
From all reports I've seen, Rudy's campaign is planning on hitting Florida hard rather than spending a lot of time in Iowa and NH.

Generally speaking, Florida seems to be America's problem child when it comes to televised crime. (A friend of mine once said "Court TV would go off the air if it wasn't for Florida!") However, this works to the favor of Rudy's I'll-protect-you message.

I'm not sure if that's what promises he'll be peddling though... there are a lot to choose from. We have an awful lot of senior citizens here and our educational system is downright laughable. Immigration is a big concern as well.

Any thoughts on how to derail him?

DirtMcGirt
12-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome aboard... lot's of topics in here about Fla.. every bit helps, go to meetup.com and get active around your area!!!

RP08

Man from La Mancha
12-24-2007, 12:37 AM
It's time for the Ron Paul Super Blimp to raise media attention.

Shiva_Rodriguez
12-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks DirtMcGirt,

Everyone in my household is with the Daytona Beach MeetUp Group.

Well, everyone except the pets... although I have joked about having my English Mastiff carry a sandwich-board sign during waves. Puppies for Paul! :D

Matt Collins
12-25-2007, 11:19 AM
There are a LOT of Yanks in Florida, specifically Yanks from NY.

Also there are a lot of Jews in Florida (as well as Cubans and Puerto Ricans).

LinuxUser269
12-25-2007, 06:01 PM
we will have to meet rude rudy on his tour of florida like this:

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/4/3/a/highres_2682042.jpeg

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/e/0/8/highres_2036840.jpeg

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/e/3/b/highres_2624603.jpeg

Matt Collins
12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Where was that first pic taken?

Shiva_Rodriguez
12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
In regards to showing up at any events for Rudy, I've seen it done a few ways. Some sent a positive message, others not-so-positive.

I think it was in Marietta where there was a loud crowd of Paul supporters who out-yelled Rudy's fans on the street. While I understand the whys and wherefores, I'm not sure if that is the best route. It does come across as being rude and even hostile.

I recently saw a report from St. Louis that I thought was much better. Instead of the loud yelling and hurling insults, the Paul supporters showed up in a group and were all smiles as they held their signs directly behind a reporter who was doing a story on Rudy's event.

Granted I only saw a little bit of the footage and there may have been yelling later, but the contrast is very notable... as is how it is reacted to.

It seems to me that when showing up to another candidate's event, a large group of sign wavers being civilized, friendly, and polite may be the key to persuading people to at least take a look at Dr. Paul. Otherwise we may just look like a gang of punk kids to be ignored.

Thoughts?

LynnB
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
This from Jacksonville.com's AP News from Orlando:
""I need your support," he told a few dozen supporters assembled outside the Orange County courthouse. "I need your vote and I need your help."
LMAO!