PDA

View Full Version : NewsMax: ancredo Seeks Response from Ron Paul Over ‘Radical Diatribe’

Vendico
12-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I got this in my email from NewsMax:

6. Tancredo Seeks Response from Ron Paul Over ‘Radical Diatribe’

Tom Tancredo has asked Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul to disavow or accept responsibility for a letter published on the Web site of his former Chief of Staff Lew Rockwell.

In a statement issued by the Colorado congressman’s office, Republican Tancredo said: “This letter written on behalf of Ron Paul labels the Minutemen as racists, supports a pathway to citizenship, and denounces assimilation and the use of the English language in America.

“Congressman Paul needs to write off this radical diatribe as nothing more than a rogue supporter misusing his name, or publicly support the views that are exhibited in this letter.”

Tancredo was himself a presidential candidate until dropping out of the race on Thursday. He had based his campaign on fighting illegal immigration and ran television ads that linked lax border control to terrorist attacks, rape and other crimes.

The letter that appears on Rockwell’s Web site is titled “An Open Letter to Hispanics on Behalf of Ron Paul.” However, it was written by Abelardo J. Arias, a Connecticut attorney who according to the site is a “longtime admirer” of the Texas congressman.

He writes that the Hispanic community has “seen overt racism from people like the Minutemen and other self-armed vigilantes who patrol the border.”

Arias notes that Paul “does not favor amnesty for illegal immigrants,” then goes on to say:

“Although I personally support amnesty as an emergency measure to forgive the hard-working taxpayers who live in our country illegally, I can still fully support Ron Paul as a man who will defend the rights and liberties of men, women and children who enter this country for a better life.”

Arias also states: “Hispanics balk at any attempt by the majority to assimilate us or to only speak English because we’re in someone else’s country. Ron Paul’s principles in action demonstrate that he would never support a policy that Hispanics in America need to do as Americans do.”

Tancredo said: “I hope Congressman Paul will address the views illustrated in this letter immediately.”

quantized
12-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Tancredo has been out-tancredoed by Tancredo.

zmall88
12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
what a sore loser

Hook
12-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Anyone that endorses Romney doesn't deserve a response. Tancrado lost the last bit of respect I had for him after that.

Corydoras
12-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Tancredo endorses "sanctuary mansion" Romney and now expects Ron Paul to answer him? Ha!

InRonWeTrust
12-24-2007, 12:58 AM
STFU Tancredo. This was not even written by Ron!!

Shavenyak
12-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Tancredo is a douche. He's probably on a mission from Mitt to smear Paul without being linked back for the following reasons:

1) Romney doesn't want to acknowledge Paul as a true adversary.

and

2) If Romney started a smear campaign against paul, it would only raise Paul's polling numbers due to exposure and research.

quantized
12-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Tancredo became a dodo before he crescendo while trying to torpedo Ron.

Dan Klaus
12-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Tancredo has been out-tancredoed by Tancredo

ROFL....

davidhperry
12-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Isn't this old news at this point?