PDA

View Full Version : Register Republican NOW! Or FAIL!!!

TheHand
12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Boy, I feel like an idiot. :( I figured I had a lot of time to register Republican in California until I actually tried and found out that it's a long process! Here is the official responce to my registration. Automated of course.

This email is confirmation that your voter registration information has been accepted.
A registration form will be mailed to you in the next 7 to 14 working days. Please
be sure to check the information on the form, then sign it and place it in the mail.
You will not be registered to vote until your mail-in form is received by your county
elections official -- you will receive a postcard notifying you that you are registered.

I'll make it but I assumed it would be a quick online deal. WRONG! Let this be a heads up to others. Do it now as all states and counties are different. Hope some can learn from my mistakes. :(

TSOL
12-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Another FLAW of the system

Why does an affiliation even matter ? We should be able to go VOTE on Primary day for whomever; period.

REDTAPE DEMOCRAT REPUBLICAN methods.

(I've already changed my party from Indi to REPUB in NC)

pahs1994
12-24-2007, 12:19 AM
i just printed my form on my computer and signed it and mailed it in and got my card in a week or 2. it cuts out the whole part of them getting the email, having them mail the form to you, and then you having to sign it, and then mailing it back and waiting for the card to come in.

RP4U&ME
12-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Click on your state for primary registration information.

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/primaries.html

TheHand
12-24-2007, 12:30 AM
What ever method you use, I just hope people do it now! Don't be surprised by the process. Just get it done so delays/misunderstandings don't happen.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-24-2007, 01:10 AM
where to call to confirm I'm a Republican now? I registered

0zzy
12-24-2007, 01:11 AM
On rockthevote.com you can print it I believe.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-24-2007, 01:13 AM
On rockthevote.com you can print it I believe.

I'm talking about confirming my party affiliation

theodorelogan
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
That's just when you do it online.

If you will out the paper one, that's it....you're done.

me3
12-24-2007, 01:45 AM
NO!! Confirm it. Check the Ron Paul 2008 site under STATES to get contact information for your state, and follow up and confirm.

Leave nothing to chance. This is too important.

torchbearer
12-24-2007, 01:46 AM
it is too late in louisiana.