PDA

View Full Version : I am an independent filmmaker ...

TSOL
12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I was wondering how I could put to use my skills and tools to raise awareness and further this crusade ?

I am not interested in compiling archival footage, but telling a real story using my camera with real people and am very interested in all ideas.

I live currently in Wilmington, NC but will be going back to San Diego, CA hopefully in the summer.

InRonWeTrust
12-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Go shoot something and put it on youtube, or make a commercial.

Talking = easy.

Doing = harder.

european
12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I was wondering how I could put to tuse my skills and tools to raise awareness and further this crusade ?

I am not interested in compiling archival footage, but telling a real story using my camera with real people.

I am very interested in all ideas.

welcome to these forums :)
if you make a documentary of this movement, which has to include some archives if needed from camcorders from supporters, then you might have gold in your hands. if ron paul gets elected, you'll have a documentary ready about how this unknown grandfather became president :) and how politics has changed.

Joe3113
12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
You should do a documentary on a particular meetup group or something I reckon. Just to show everyone the dedication and sacrifice that is put in

garrettwombat
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
what movies have you made thus far?

if anything i think it would be neat to travel the USA and capture the revolution in ALL parts of america and get everyones voice on the issues we are in a revolution for.

robertwerden
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Id like to see Ron Paul supporters converting people from other candidates.

Coola
12-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Yea definately find a local meetup (meetup.com) and sign up to attend some of the events. You're obviously looking for exclusive content, original stuff and that's really the only way to attain it, by going directly to the source and asking why people are so excited about Ron Paul.

Also check out the Grassroots Project section on different ideas you could cover and choose the direction of your film from there.

Most of all, have fun and good luck!

TSOL
12-23-2007, 10:24 PM
You should do a documentary on a particular meetup group or something I reckon. Just to show everyone the dedication and sacrifice that is put in

Yes

I think you just summed it up. I recently joined my local Meetup and think I just may try this. Genius, yet simple.

what movies have you made thus far?

if anything i think it would be neat to travel the USA and capture the revolution in ALL parts of america and get everyones voice on the issues we are in a revolution for.

I recently made a film called The Fog of War.

I'm kidding.

I wish I could travel far and wide but have a 7 year old I am responsible for almost fulltime as well as a new business. I think my local Meetup may be a good starting point.

My films, I am afraid are nothing short of 'struggling' filmmaker honing their craft. I could send you my MYSPACE link if you're that curious. I want to win an Oscar, but am far away from that dream. :rolleyes:

Corydoras
12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Does anything in the Grassroots Projects section appeal to you?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

AlexMerced
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd say you can follow me around in NYC, but your not really in my neck of the woods

fuzzybekool
12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
It would be awesome if the movement could be documented, as I am sure all are aware, this is history in the making, and we all truely believe something will happen in these next few months. The message of Ron Paul will continue, and we already have Ron Paul candidates running for Congress. These "Pauliticians" are ushering a new era in American politics where no longer are public servants simply left to do as they wish, but held accountable if they do not defend the Constitution and protect our Liberties.

So, Yes. Film away. Follow the candidate. Follow the blimp. Follow the large scale grassroots Meet-up groups. There is a Ron Paul convention being organized (2nd week of Jan. 2008) in Las Vegas "Ron-Palooza" which will have huge crowds of supporters. We can all help you.

scbissler
12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I would think a film on a meetup group could be very good. I have to imagine that in every single meetup group there are such a diverse group of characters, from all walks of life and backgrounds, with different stories to tell, that it could make for compelling cinema and history. Show the depth of the Revolution by focusing on a small segment.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
nt

Ball
12-24-2007, 01:50 AM
What I'd be interested in viewing is a documentary which travels across the nation, interviewing various meetup groups. They all do things differently, and I find it fascinating.

The details of spontaneous order are so unpredictable.

eric_cartman
12-24-2007, 02:09 AM
you could do like a news report on your local group. sorta like a news special, where you make it look like something that would air on your local news channel. then you can give it to a local news station to air, or buy some cheap air time on some local cable station.

Myerz
12-24-2007, 02:15 AM
I like your user ID....TSOL - TRUE SOUNDS of LIBERTY!!!!

They rocked!!!