PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused.

american.swan
12-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I am hearing about two projects.

One project is some kind of online TV/blog/undecided constitutional news site.

The other project I heard about was some cable constitutional news channel.

Are these projects related?

There needs to be a more clear definition of what is what.

american.swan
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
One thing I would like to say is if we can keep it non-profit...then maybe the NEO-CON's would have a harder time "taking it over"...cause if we start making noise and money, they'll buy us out....so if it is for profit we need to make it "privately held".

AceNZ
12-24-2007, 03:07 AM
It seems like there are two projects.

This one is about a satellite TV channel (maybe cable later) that will compete with the likes of CNN and Fox News.

The idea is to avoid the explicit non-profit, 501(c)(3) status, but to structure the company so that it normally wouldn't generate a profit. And yes, it would be privately held. A public company requires a huge amount of overhead and cost that should be avoided.

The company will also include in its by-laws provisions that would make it difficult or impossible for the conventional media to buy us out.

american.swan
12-24-2007, 08:17 AM
The company will also include in its by-laws provisions that would make it difficult or impossible for the conventional media to buy us out.

That would require something along the lines of "no stock-holder could have majority voting power", because you know some blackop will "claim" to be a ron paul supporter and then buy up the hole thing and then morph it into a PRO CFR station.

LibertiORDeth
12-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Me and Live Free or Die each have seperate projects. I believe our goal is the same, however, which is to have a fully functional news website as well as cable tv channel.
Non-profit will not work, although people are not doing this for profit, since there are much faster ways of making money.
Mine is also not going to be a Ron Paul fan site, as some have decided to do, although it will be from a constitutional viewpoint.

Regards,
Luke

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
nt

american.swan
12-24-2007, 01:41 PM
as a community we can do ANYTHING we put our collective "borg" mind to.

Thanks.

theantirobot
12-25-2007, 07:44 PM
as a community we can do ANYTHING we put our collective "borg" mind to.

Thanks.

That's the main principle behind the site I am developing.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
let's get a Scientologist's input on how to make this proposed business venture a tax-free religion.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
or incorporate it in the new Lakota seceded territory.