PDA

View Full Version : Vote in the poll now:Ron Paul winning big on AOL straw poll

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Hillary Clinton and Ron Paul winning big on AOL straw poll

On the Republican side the results mirrored media generated polls with one exception. Ron Paul is placing first in most states and second in several others.

The results of the other candidates did mirror media generated polls. Giuliani is winning in New York and New Jersey and Connecticut but is being edged out by Paul in Florida and New Mexico. Florida and New Mexico have changed hands several times between Giuliani and Paul.

Romney is winning Utah, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.

Huckabee is edging out Paul in South Carolina and is being edged out by Paul in several southern states. Several southern states are virtual ties and have swung back and forth between Huckabee and Paul, including North Carolina, Alabama, and Arkansas.

Nationwide Ron Paul is generating 26% of the vote, Giuliani is getting 18%, Huckabee 17%, and Romney is getting 15%, McCain has 14%, Thompson 9%, and Duncan Hunter has 1%.

In Iowa Ron Paul has 38% of the vote. The rest of the GOP candidates mirror media generated polls regarding strength in the state. Huckabee and Romney are tied at 19%. Thompson has 9%, McCain 7%, and Giuliani 7%, with Hunter at 1%.

In New Hampshire Paul has 30% Romney 23% McCain 20%, Giuliani 15%, Huckabee 8%, Thompson 3%, and Hunter 1%. Once again, aside from Paul the candidates mirror media polls regarding strength nationally and regionally.

Paul supporters have maintained that media generated polls have been under representing his support. Paul leads GOP candidates in 4rth quarter fund raising. He has received donations from an astounding 123,000 donors this quarter.

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=208588

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
The link to the poll is below. I suggest that you send it to everyone on your list.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/12/21/straw-poll-dec-21-jan-4/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

And if you don't mind, Keep us updated here on your progress so we can get as much exposure for this as possible. It ends Jan. 4th.

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Ron Paul currently has 26%, In first place.

Giuliani in second with 18%

over 58,000 current Republican votes.

jrich4rpaul
12-23-2007, 10:02 PM
amazing. keep spreading this!

shasshas
12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
wow it would probably be better to face hillary than obama

cool

Aldanga
12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Great to hear. Keep this bumped and keep updating the scores.

Right now Paul is ahead of Huckabee in SC.

N13
12-23-2007, 10:08 PM
If this is a dry run for the real election, I'll take the results and go with it. lol

A lot can happen before Jan. 4th.

rory096
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
bump. if you havent voted, vote now!

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/12/21/straw-poll-dec-21-jan-4/90#comments

itsnobody
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Vote now

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 10:33 PM
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to PM this to any friends you have at this forum or any other forum you are a member of.

Also, We all have an email list..... :D

The poll has went up 1000 votes since I first posted this story, About 10 minutes ago, almost all going to Ron Paul.

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Glad I posted the link. Ron Paul just gained a percentage point bringing him to 27%.

rory096
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
We just took back FL and GA but lost AR.

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
We just took back FL and GA but lost AR.

Over the next few days I have a feeling we will take it back with room to spare.

hellah10
12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
apparently kansas is the land of the hermits

7 votes? total...!

SupportingPaul
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
apparently kansas is the land of the hermits

7 votes? total...!

One more important reason to get this poll out to as many people as possible. I am interested in seeing how America really feels, Rather then how the Liberal media portrays that they feel.

Goldwater Conservative
12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
What I find most interesting about this is that it mirrors the traditional landline polls so closely... except for Dr. Paul doing 4 or 5 times better.

itsnobody
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
come on we need to completely dominate ;)

itsnobody
12-23-2007, 11:09 PM
What I find most interesting about this is that it mirrors the traditional landline polls so closely... except for Dr. Paul doing 4 or 5 times better.

Seems like this is will mirror what will happen in reality

Unspun
12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Please break the links.

rory096
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Please break the links.

With 60,000 votes (and it being a huge website), it's not really a big deal. They won't notice that there are a lot of referrals from here and since there are so many votes, we need to make it as easy as possible to add to those, otherwise there won't be a meaningful difference.

Ibgamer
12-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I think the legitimacy of this poll so far is postive! It is showing familiar trends that are expected as Hilary winning the Dems, and Romney winning Utah and Huck AK. But look everywhere else, its Ron!

rory096
12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
We just took back Arkansas.

itsnobody
12-23-2007, 11:47 PM
bump

Pastanoose
12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
This poll is pretty awesome. But I have a feeling that this will lead to a brokered convention just to beat RP.

itsnobody
12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
This poll is pretty awesome. But I have a feeling that this will lead to a brokered convention just to beat RP.

nah none of the others have

devil21
12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
The poll results are freaking out. Someone keep an eye out for vote changes.

rory096
12-24-2007, 12:46 AM
The poll results are freaking out. Someone keep an eye out for vote changes.
What do you mean? I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

devil21
12-24-2007, 12:53 AM
What do you mean? I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Ive been monitoring that poll on and off for a couple days and sometimes the map goes blank (all states say undefined) and theres a coding error when you click on the states. It lasts for about 5 minutes then goes back to normal. I remember the AOL poll before that seemed to have a built in buffer for vote counts so I find it suspicious that this AOL poll is doing flaky stuff.

rory096
12-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Ive been monitoring that poll on and off for a couple days and sometimes the map goes blank (all states say undefined) and theres a coding error when you click on the states. It lasts for about 5 minutes then goes back to normal. I remember the AOL poll before that seemed to have a built in buffer for vote counts so I find it suspicious that this AOL poll is doing flaky stuff.
Ah yeah, it's been doing that occasionally for me too. I think it's just a bug in the code; everything seems normal before and after it happens. (I had previously thought it was just because I'm using Linux, but apparently it's AOL's fault.)

jdrochon
12-24-2007, 12:58 AM
The problem with the legitimacy of this poll is if you delete your temp files and cookies, it will let you vote again. So when Ron Paul wins they may point that out. It may be a set up to "prove" that Ron Paul supporters do spam, which I believe all supporters have a few spammers but I hope this doesn't back fire on us.

rory096
12-24-2007, 01:01 AM
The problem with the legitimacy of this poll is if you delete your temp files and cookies, it will let you vote again. So when Ron Paul wins they may point that out. It may be a set up to "prove" that Ron Paul supporters do spam, which I believe all supporters have a few spammers but I hope this doesn't back fire on us.
I doubt it's a setup.

terryhamel
12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Even if it's not a setup, the argument can still be made. The poll is a sham, folks. It has a flaw. You delete cookies from aol.com and you can vote again. The doc is a front runner, but this poll should not be used as evidence. Use the state straw polls and debate text message polls that only allow one vote per person as evidence.

SupportingPaul
12-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Well that's pretty disheartening. Whether or not people voted only once, The fact that you could vote more then once would be exploited by the media as a reason for Ron Paul winning. Next they would say Zogby had it wrong when he said the tides were turning in Paul's favor.

I still like to watch the count go up though. If any other candidate wins the poll they will claim it as a victory.

Figures.

I'm still going to watch the numbers climb though.

rory096
12-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Nice, we just took back Connecticut.

SupportingPaul
12-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Nice, we just took back Connecticut.

Not sure if you know, But in the last page another member pointed out how this vote can be manipulated or, if a candidate the MSM doesn't want to win wins, can be discarded as "not a scientific poll".

If you were aware of this, but still want to watch the vote.... I am with you. I have voted one and one time only and I hope other Ron Paul supporters are just as honest about this. Even if it can be discarded as fixable I want to see the results.

Can't wait until the primaries start. Let's hope they steer clear of those diebolds though. :eek:

RON PAUL '08

nist7
12-24-2007, 02:58 AM
The cookie thing is true. You CAN vote more than once.

HOWEVER, let's be realistic here. Every time you vote, you have to type in an alphanumeric code to certify the vote as well as choosing a state. This alone will probably prevent anyone from voting excessively....ie, I doubt anyone has the patience to sit there and vote again and again for Dr. Paul all day. Because that would be very tedious....and even if we did have a few who did this I doubt it will be any more than several hundred votes.

SupportingPaul
12-24-2007, 06:08 AM
The cookie thing is true. You CAN vote more than once.

HOWEVER, let's be realistic here. Every time you vote, you have to type in an alphanumeric code to certify the vote as well as choosing a state. This alone will probably prevent anyone from voting excessively....ie, I doubt anyone has the patience to sit there and vote again and again for Dr. Paul all day. Because that would be very tedious....and even if we did have a few who did this I doubt it will be any more than several hundred votes.

Agreed. So what do you think a scientific percentage of error would be?

Sarge
12-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Help please,

Need someone to copy the latest voting chart to the board. I am having a problem trying to vote.

I have a chance to convert 30 plus people tomorrow who are mainly hard core Democrats that have been watching the debates and can't make up their mind. I am trying to build my case for Dr. Paul today. If I can convert half I will feel good. Most are from VA and AZ so time to get them to re register.

TIA

LFOD
12-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I have a hard time believing anyone is actually taking the time to spam this poll to the extent that it's changing the results. A comment pointed out that Kansas only has 7 votes - why not spam Kansas too?

I don't put too much stock in the poll, but I don't put too much stock in "scientific" polls either. I think they are both legitimately showing something, but saying just what they show is the tricky part.

SupportingPaul
12-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Help please,

Need someone to copy the latest voting chart to the board. I am having a problem trying to vote.

I have a chance to convert 30 plus people tomorrow who are mainly hard core Democrats that have been watching the debates and can't make up their mind. I am trying to build my case for Dr. Paul today. If I can convert half I will feel good. Most are from VA and AZ so time to get them to re register.

TIA

I would help you, But I am not exactly sure what you are asking for. :confused: