PDA

View Full Version : Java/Hibernate/MySQL

Petar
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Here is a description of the website that I am developing:

The site will display a map of the 50 US States. Each State will display two figures. 1. Direct responses appearing in print 2. Emails appearing in print. Users will be directed to email their local newspapers with letters of support for Ron Paul. The user will then be directed to post that article + email address of that newspaper for all to see, once it appears in print. The user will be directed to update their post once a direct response to it appears in print. Then, Ron Paul supporters all over the country can write that newspaper to directly concur, or to directly respond to any negative direct responses, and the original poster will be directed to update the post with those direct responses as well. This way, all of RPs online supporters across the nation can be organized into a national printed press consuming mass media intelligent swarm, utilizing a simple member protocol directed from a central location.

I found a programmer/Ron Paul supporter who has built most of this website, but lately it has been going at a snails pace, and also I haven't been able to get a hold of him at all for a while. So, I am looking for a new developer who could possibly take over this project and possibly complete it soon if need be.

We have a map complete, with automatically updating figures put in place. They utilize an Ajax "pushlet" technology where a persistent client-server connection is maintained, while only the information that changes is "pushed" to the client. We have a join/login function with captcha in place, with the mechanism for posting emails in place. Besides refining a few things including cometic aspects, the update function is basically all that still needs to be put in place before the website is complete.

If someone could please go over the work done with me, and tell me what they think, then that would be wonderful. Thank you very much.

Petar
12-23-2007, 10:33 PM
bump

Petar
12-23-2007, 11:25 PM
bump

quantized
12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
too technical for me. sorry.

Petar
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Thats ok, you can just use it when it's done :)

Petar
12-24-2007, 01:02 AM
bump

Petar
12-24-2007, 09:54 AM
bump