PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things you need to know (new and old supporters)

me3
12-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Ten things every Ron Paul supporter needs to know

1. Some deadlines have passed for registering Republican. It is imperative that you and any supporters you have met, or added to the campaign also are registered. Make it the first question you ask a fellow Ron Paul supporter.

2. Know where your primary or caucus is being held. You must know the date and time of your opportunity to vote. "Turning out the vote" (getting people to the polls for Ron Paul) is absolutely essential. It is the only way to win. Not money bombs, YouTube videos, Blimps, Ads, donations etc. VOTES.

3. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states This is where you can get more information on your state, the process, dates and how to register. Check it out immediately.

4. http://ronpaul.meetup.com It is very important to join a MeetUp in your area. MeetUps get and share information. Even if you do not have time to MeetUp, join one to get on the mailing list.

5. Sit down and make a list. All of the members in your family, a list of your friends, and a list of your co-workers and neighbors. Make it a point to talk to these people about Ron Paul, and ASK them to vote. Many people will vote, but they have to be asked. It is imperative that we turn out as many voters as possible.

6. Do not make voter turnout your job exclusively. Compile a list of Ron Paul supporters, with full name, phone number and address, then forward it to the head office in Virgina and ask them to add it to their voter database. The campaign is responsible for turning out voters on election day. The one thing you can do, is identify anyone in need of a ride and offer to take them to the polls with you.

7. The campaign will need poll workers, and in some states, may still require delegates. If you really care about getting Ron Paul elected, and have donated time and money, volunteering to be a delegate or poll worker is a necessary task that needs your assistance. Contact your state coordinator through the state link I posted in #3.

8. Always represent Dr. Paul well. If you talk to prospective voters, focus on the issues they are sympathetic to, not the issues you are most passionate about. I find starting off with, "it's a campaign about traditional American values and getting back on track" is a good way to break the ice with Republicans. The only deal breaker for this campaign in the Republican party is the war, so don't try to hammer the foreign policy right off, leading in with fiscal policy, then monetary policy and finally the war may provide an opportunity to win hearts and minds.

9. There are many other states besides Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada and South Carolina. I've been helping distribute materials and information to evangelicals in Kansas. This nomination process is a marathon, not a sprint, and only two campaigns have the financing and apparatus to go the 50 state distance. Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The work in your state, like compiling turn out the vote lists, and getting Dems, Independents and new voters registered is KEY. Do not over look this.

10. Have fun. This is the most exciting political experience I have had in my life. Have fun, work with a smile on your face and don't get down if things get hard or you meet resistance. Remember, many people with nothing good to say won't be showing up at the polls. As long as we are getting our people to the polls on the correct day, at the correct time, we will have very good results.

Bonus item, watch the video in my signature for inspiration. We not only can do this, we should be able to do this. We all just have to pull together and prove that we are more than the internet, or fund raisers.

Do you have anything to add? Please feel free.

And of course, keep bumping this please.

logolepsy
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Great list and good advice! Thanks! :D

me3
12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
With regards to #5, it's very simple math. If every Ron Paul supporter can find 3 more supporters to vote with them, we will win. It's really that plain and easy.

Because a lot of people will drag their butts, procrastinate or never were completely committed, some of us are gunna need to find 5 or 8.

me3
12-23-2007, 09:50 PM
//

Sey.Naci
12-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Also regarding #5, someone on another thread suggested turning it into a night out - for dinner, a movie, dance, etc. In other words, make going out to vote into a special occasion.

Coola
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Just watched that youtube video with Drew Ivers, very very inspirational. I was wondering if there's anymore videos with Drew talking?

me3
12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
bump

me3
12-23-2007, 11:07 PM
bump

me3
12-23-2007, 11:42 PM
bump