PDA

View Full Version : Oh no loss of revenue from canceling the income tax! B.S.

robertwerden
12-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I look at it as there will be a 30%-50% increase in spending and investing from all the money people will save from not paying an income tax. Our people will be richer, our country will be able to spend more on goods and service which means more jobs. Our troops will come home and spend their paychecks here and not in South Korea or Germany.

I was in Norfolk when the town complained about drunken sailors from the Naval base. So the Base commander restricted everyone to base and requested military wives only shop on base. It lasted 3 days before the Local Towns people said sorry and begged the military to come back and shop.
We spend a Trillion a year overseas and at least 30% of that is on paychecks to the people we have sent to these countries.

Imagine how much all our troops spend and how it will be better spent here!

Just venting. Carry on

weatherbill
12-23-2007, 09:45 PM
yes, this is what I have in a flyer....bring the money home! We shouldn't be spending our tax dollars in another nation. it should stay here!

Eponym_mi
12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Along a similar line, wonder what the effect on local economies would be after giving x thousand IRS workers a pink slip. Likewise many other federal departments. Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth from all the gov't stooges that will have to go out and look for real work for a change.

I wonder what percentage of the population federal employees represent and whether their influence might cause reforms to occur slowly (i.e., by their votes, by shirking even more than they do already, etc.). Unfortunately, I suspect real reform in gov't is going to be similar to getting an addict off crack.:(

robertwerden
12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
The IRS still will process corporate taxes, only personal taxes will go bye bye. They will all keep employment. Although many will quit out of fear of the wrath of Paul